Test Discussion GU139: Repair Removal

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss changes related to removing the need to repair gear!

Repair Removal
    • Gear can no longer be damaged, broken, or repaired.
    • Repair tabs have been removed from all vendors.
    • Sale prices for dropped gear has been lowered in later episodes.
    • Oracle Bot has a new passive (to replace the support ability that repaired gear).
    Allies
    Oracle Bot
    • Passive 1 is now Task Manager
      • Rank 3: Recharge 10% Power after using 6 Abilities
      • Rank 4: Recharge 12.5% Power after using 5 Abilities
      • Rank 5: Recharge 15% Power after using 4 Abilities
    • Like x 11
  2. Proxystar #Perception

No longer need to repair, looks like a good QoL change.
    • Like x 2
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Definitely an unexpected decision. My first thought was what might be used as a replacement for the money sink it could provide, but now I have to wonder if it wasn't that much of an in-game cash sink after all.
    • Like x 4
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

First I fight for Right To Repair and now this...I'm so confused.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kestral Committed Player

Well it means less running for repair/soder dispensers in the larger maps for raids. Not really sad to see it go at all.

I think the main follow up question I have is can we convert our consumable repair bots into something else? Maybe the other consumable type for mainframe, broker, or bank bots?
    • Like x 2
  6. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Like the change to Oracle. With her and Teekl it makes a fairly useful and extremely alt friendly one two punch. Are legendary allies still the best overall? By a large margin. But this will be a nice addition to my #4 and #5 characters. Possibly even a good temp fit for my villain as well since it'll be a year or two until I start getting him allies.
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

yay! a nice little buff to my omnibus wipes :)

no longer need to worry about gear being red myself or seeing ppls cr go way down and they didnt notice and join the fight with no gear

one change that should make hard content a tad bearable, the ability to re-try as many times as we want with no ingame consequence :)

now...what can you guys do about death timers? give us more time to revive and maybe, just maybe allow revives to happen faster. i will take the first for sure though, nothing worst then finally getting to someone and whooops, the chance to revive disappeared :(

thanks for the QoL!
  8. Cypharr Committed Player

My first thought was the extreme benefits in Survival Mode whenever that circles round. Great QoL change, very much need, I'm pleased. Thank you.
  9. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Nice QoL, I suppose.

Any chance I can get a refund on 31xOracle?

While the new Passive doesn't seem bad, I'd much rather have 263500 Favor to distribute on a Main Toon.
  10. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Eve YouTuber

Great and welcomed change!
  12. Alexonic Committed Player

Does oracle bot's passive have a cooldown?
  13. Stranger Well-Known Player

Thanks Thanks Thanks! it was about time to remove that. It always seemed so unnecessary to me.
    What's going to happen to the repair bots tho?
    • Like x 2
  14. Massah Committed Player

The Passive power regeneration on X ability casts

I will test to see if the passive is applied to ability combos ....or is this specifically for abilities cast from the tray.

For some of the newer "mechanics"
    It would be nice if we could have more options in the logger (combat/power/healing) to select only a certain ally passive, or ability
    To easier gauge how it is performing.
  15. Leonite Well-Known Player

I, too, am waiting for what happens to the repair bots...
    • Like x 3
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Man this is out of left field … not a bad change tho
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Change them into Nth Metal Detectors? *shrug*
    • Like x 4
  18. sebfm Well-Known Player

2 questions on this one :

1°) was already asked but what will currently ingame repairbots become? Will they be tradeable or will they just die ?
    2°) In League Hall, we were using the "most repairs" statue as a wall of shame where I was first :D As I don't want to loose my place, will it be changed to "most deaths" or something like that?
    • Like x 4
  19. Kestral Committed Player

I didn't even think of the most repairs statue category. They should actually split the data for Heroic Stand (PvE) Most Team Rallies
    (PvE) Most Times Knocked Out. Because these are two very different actions that are happening here. Or at least have a separate statue that's like Most times Knocked out and least team rallies. You could name it the scoreboard chasers.
    • Like x 2
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If you wanted to see how the new Task Manager Ability works
    Gadgets Might Melee and Light Might ST examples

• Like x 2