PVP Event To Promote & Encourage

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mytyc Shadows, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Mytyc Shadows Level 30

yesterday while playing on the US-PC/PS server I started chatting on LFG; about missing those times when it was easier to find players for a Legends PVP match (for example...)
    The reaction at first was quite negative and depressing (on the villain side) and worrying. So I started thinking what could be done to change that, so I saw something that was never done in a serious way by the DEVs...
    So when I came with the ideia of a PVP Event ( a serios on) everyones reaction about PVP changed from believing it was 100% dead immediately to start believing that there is still a chance for its REBIRTH.
    The main reason for that reaction I believe it is that never in the past there was a Event taking PVP seriously and to another level, it never was promoted to grow in the way I will present to you in this my ideia:
    - The event should be every year during a general Holliday time;
    - Should adress always a new Legends Character;
    - New Gear with higher CR;
    - Of course new Legends & PVP Feats;
    - And Above All official tournamentes on Legends PVP and PVP Arenas with respective Ranks and unique rewards;
    This could mean DCUO PVP REBIRTH.
    I love this game thats why I still hope for the best of PVP in future, hope you to guys
    Thank you all & GGs 4 all players <3
    • Like x 2
  2. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

They had to promote & encourage pve after the stat revamp happened. They only have the team to do one mode and they picked the wrong one pve is insanely overdone and boring. They made pve even more boring with stats revamp you had to do 10000x rotations to take adds and bosses down that wasn't fun at all. So they encouraged and promoted with artifacts because stats revamp was that boring and unfun. The only way to promote and encourage PVP would be artifacts nobody wants 1000x rotation fights it's just insanely boring and time-consuming. Or you can promote the entire game and encourage everybody with a new revamp alot of ppl woukd stay active and return to the game which is what they should do. Stats revamp was the revamp everyone bounced from nobody likes being clamped especially in PvP
  3. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

There are players still abusive in PvP. I did legends PvP just this past couple weeks.
    I see same 2 players using to two-face and it's how they cheese wins using op characters. I kept getting a robin, Harley Quinn and huntress as a partner. Mostly they quit early.
    So I asked a friend to hop on, someone that's really skilled.
    And we crushed them and there goes the drama. Saying we cheesing and to scrim.
    And a bit of toxic tells for a bit.
    I only did legends PvP for some feats to get some skill points.
    The amount of players constantly abusing people in PvP makes it difficult for it grow more in population. They very little population there is now is in majority of toxic players.

People still do arena and legends pvp tournaments. But they don't allow several legends characters and they don't allow a number of powers in loadouts in arena.
    Skilled non toxic peaceful players vs toxic players only spamming anything op to win to act good.

There's a thread on Elite Sixteen if you want to participate in their PvP events.
  4. Mytyc Shadows Level 30

That's why I had this ideia.. People have been focused only on PVE because they promote PVE most of the time. It's finally Time For PVP. Let's stop being toxic about it and adress the facts.
    • Like x 1
  5. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Im always up for Legends PvP. I been doing it on and off for several years.
  6. Alexonic Committed Player

Bring back PVP.
    Legends and classic PVP was so fun
    • Like x 2
  7. The Bad Guy Well-Known Player

To make it more inviting have a triple mark weekend for pvp every month.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Elite sixteen on Twitch is live for a arena PvP tournament event.
    Follow their twitch for the next events.
    May want to search their threads here on forums.
    • Like x 1