Up-Votes Needed Traits menu opens even with no unspent SP

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Miserable, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Miserable Dedicated Player

There is a feature in this game (on console) in which the menu button, in certain cases, will open the Traits menu regardless of what the last open menu was. I believe this is meant to prompt/remind the player to allocate unspent Skill Points.

This feature is triggered when:
    - you gain a SP by completing/unlocking a feat
    - you swap to an armory with unspent SP from a build without unspent SP

The issue is that once triggered, this feature remains active until you change zones, even if you allocate all unspent SP or activate an armory without unspent SP. Forcing a redirect to the Traits menu when all SP are allocated seems like incorrect behaviour.

Triggering this feature in an instance makes it difficult to easily access your inventory (or any other menu) in combat.

The solution would be to deactivate this feature upon returning to a state of no unspent SP (either by activating an armory with no unspent SP or manually allocating all unspent SP). Hopefully this isn't difficult to fix.

Edit: Adding some information.

Platform: PS5

Steps to reproduce
    1. Save an armory with at least 1 unspent SP
    2. Allocate all your SP
    3. Leave your base through the teleporter or warp menu (any destination should be fine as long as it isn't another base)
    4. Activate the armory with the unspent SP
    5. Allocate all your SP
    6. Open your inventory
    7. Back out of the menu
    8. Press the menu button (options button on PS5)
    Expected behaviour: the menu button should open your inventory (last open menu)
    Actual behaviour: the menu button opens the Traits menu
    • Like x 9
  2. arkhamowl Level 30

This also happens on PC when using a controller.
    • Like x 3
  3. Miserable Dedicated Player

4. CantLoginWithPS Active Player

If devs truly have artifact swapping as intended, then this should be fixed and not just forgotten. The existance of this bug makes the prospect of gaining a sp mid instance something I don't want to happen. It becomes really annoying making swaps when this takes effect.
    • Like x 1
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

AFAIK, this has been an issue since I first started playing, back on the PS3.
  6. iLazy Well-Known Player

7. iLazy Well-Known Player

Bump because This is the most annoying thing I know in this game.
    • Like x 1