New Booster Bundle!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Lol
  2. Alushaun Well-Known Player

homie, chill...chill o_O
  3. Rosfyl New Player

how long do booster bundles usually stay before they go?
  4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I tend to try and avoid complaints and offer encouragement because I know y’all get enough complaints but this time I’m afraid I must mention something.
    I feel this was a bad idea. The same weekend that a charity livestream is scheduled DCUO also releases a Booster Bundle, which regardless of rewards is intended just to make money from people like myself that can’t deny styles. On top of that, the Booster Bundle this time has the item everyone wants set at $200 dollars (20 $10 bundles) and the item everyone wants is only redeemable on 1 player rather than account wide.
    This Booster Bundle that I feel has caused more annoyance for players than past ones and the stream that goes with it also are released after a livestream was cancelled.

While there probably are factors we are unaware of, there is no denying that from the point of view of players this does not look good.

Sorry about any drama of hate this comment will inevitably spark further along the thread, thank you for reading and the people involved making and bring to life the styles did a good job.
    • Like x 8
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Classic Monkey's Paw.

Even when you get what you are asking for..... you still do not get what you want. :(
    • Like x 9
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Usually at least a month.
    Sometimes more....
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

What Livestream was cancelled??

Isn't the Livestream tomorrow (or later today seeing how late I am posting this ;) ) ???
  8. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

It can only be used by one character.... but..,

Can it be sold on The Broker?
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Now that you mention it might be wrong about that. Today is only Thursday in Texas. It’s been a 10 day work week, in 2 minutes my 10th shift in a row starts, and 2 of those days included over time and 1 of those days involved training a new partner. So my program has lost track of days, if I had emotional circuits I would be emotionally dead inside.

Sorry to the Devs if I’m wrong about that accusation. If I’m not wrong and I’ve just forgotten what I forgot, somebody else feel free to politely mention it.

Now that you mention it though, Multiverse I think I’m wrong about that detail. I respectfully stand by the rest of my comment though.
    • Like x 2
  10. kallader Committed Player

This is giving me trusting issue .....so basically what tell us the % drop of each future bundle reward will be lower or not just to be sure the demand is there so they could sell players a 200$ bundle later ...
    We could receive the material after open 10 or 20 mega but you have to buy the bundle itself is the thing giving me bad vibe...
    • Like x 5
  11. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Nope. Account Bound. The Shaded Comic and Cosmic Mats. And the Nth. And the Detectors. Forgot to check the other ugly stuff before stashing it in a poor Alts newly extended Bank.

ps. Csn we get more Bank slots please :)
    • Like x 1
  12. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I forgot about those. I was going to spend my disposable income on Bundles but now that you mention it I still have extra inventory and bank slots to buy.
  13. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

That is a horrible decision.

Why must this game be plagued with so many of them?

Technically... It's a good decision.... It is actually saving me money.. as it removes any temptation to partake in this sale.
    • Like x 7
  14. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

I considered waiting on the expected 50% christmas sale. But figured I'd applaud the extensions by buying them asap.

+ that nagging feeling that since they don't like to be "predictiabe", the christmas sale may or may not happen. (The exact quote was made during my recent 3 month break, regarding bonus weeks. I just trust it's true when The Lorax says it)
  15. kallader Committed Player

Since pass years drop have literally no value and we have 9 new items the % chance to get trash from the 20 mega pack capsules is really high
    • Like x 1
  16. Kurama Active Player

Hi there !!

Good...considering that mats have so many limitations, it should cost a little less, x5 and/or x10 was already enough. Since it cannot be exchanged (not even within the account), it would simply be so that one can have something different/exclusive in their main character, as I said, the idea seems interesting to me, it would just have to be applied to cover more people. With a price according to the average economy, x5 and x10 being redundant was more than enough.

Main Character : IIKuramaII .
    430 cr 829 sp .
    League : Centuriones .
    Server : US/PC Hero .
    • Like x 1
  17. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

It's a Booster Bundle, not a Resurgence Capsule. You get 1 stackable box that contains 15k Nth, 5k Favor, 1 Detector and a bit of other crap + 1 random thing of the 9 new items (no Lootpicker to choose from)

The random item don't stack, but you need to open the damn nice stackable box to get the Nth and Favor :mad:

The Cosmic Chroma drops as an extra box when you buy the bundle of 10 Booster Bundles. The Shaded Comic Mat drops as an extra box when you buy the bundle of 20 Booster Bundles.

Everything is at minimum Account Bound untill consumed (as I was able to transfer 2 Comics and 1 Cosmic to the Toons I wanted them on the most, and everything else to a poor Alt's Bank via Shared Bank)

After you consume the items: The Auras and Skins are available to unlock on other characters on the account for the measly (propably outrageous, idk, havn't bought any since last x-mas sale) sum of 350-525 Replay Badges. Materials have a technical (apparently unsolveable) limitation making them unavailable for unlock with Replays :(

Or it's just too much hassle to make Materials unlockable, when whales like me are apparently willing to pay 2x160$ for 2 Shaded Comics and 80$ for 1 Cosmic Material.

ps. I don't know how the math works. I'll unlock Shaded Comic on 28 Alts the moment it's made available for 350-525 Replays. Probably not enough to pay the development of making Materials and Emotes unlockable :(
  18. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

Well 200€ for the comic mat? ARE U GUYS TOTALLY LOST YOUR MIND NOW???? well lucky me dont payed membership bcs im sick of this company
    • Like x 10
  19. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Aww noo its so perfect pack, but but but whyyyy color locked mat/auras only 4 colors missing yellow,white,orange or blue even powerset colors kinda these look so good but 4 colors :(
  20. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

This is what happens when you haven't planned for revenue dropoff after the summer. You try and sustain the higher income you enjoyed when a large chunk of your player base wasn't at school. Rather than see that period as a bonus, you see this normal level of traffic as a loss and scramble with all sorts of ridiculous and rapacious schemes, like charging the equivalent of 10 months' worth of subscription fees for a single graphic that is only applicable to a single toon, to try to keep riding a nonexistant wave.
    • Like x 3