Lazy teenager...WonderGirl

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

happens all the time with me ally ( HOL Bot ). call it out. it just stands there doing nothing for a bit, then buggers off. yay, teammates!
    • Like x 5
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For HOL bot, I've noticed that if it comes out even 1/2 second before you have agro (like if you pop it as the 'boss' comes up in the stab run), he'll do this a lot. I mean...hey...the boss is here NOW...I'm agro'd...Fight him!

The other time is if it auto targeted an add that is dead by the time his initial animation is done. Although I'm still not sure why ST allies don't have a targeting priority and either A) target what you are locked on or B) target any 'boss' level enemies that are within range vs the 'add' level ones.
    • Like x 4
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

On top of all that she's a walking fashion faux pas!

There are clothes piled up on the floor in her room! Her bed isn't made, and... wait... that's my room...

Never mind.
    • Like x 5
  4. Alushaun Well-Known Player

And while we're at it, pick a style era and stick with it young lady. You're a Meta doing super hero work, people need a proper look to latch onto.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Critical Massacre Committed Player

It’s like the devs have made a concerted effort to make all the female characters uglier and dress more conservatively. Not really sure why all the villain females dress like nuns now compared to their old outfits. The dudes all wear spandex but now the girls need layers of clothes.
    • Like x 1
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

the same reason why Chris Hemsworth gets to take his shirt off in every Dismal Marvel film & Valkyrie gets covered head to toe in armour, I guess? I dunno. let's go with something something think of the children something something empowerment. that usually covers it.

for my own part, I really miss Wonder Woman in a leotard.

note. "uglier" is subjective. I'm just referring to the de-sexualisation of certain female characters.
    • Like x 3
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Midriffs never go out of style, just saying.
    • Like x 5
  8. Grip Committed Player

You can only pull off having armor plating attached to your tube top if you're so good at fighting that critics are afraid of you...
    • Like x 2
  9. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

At least they keep Wonder Girl in the same skin for the entire mission. The Huntress in "The Hunt" wears a newer costume in the cinematics compared to what the simulation computer changes the player into.
    • Like x 1
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

The same is true for all instances where you become and play as an Iconic and also Legends avatars. Think it was something about having to redo the hitboxes (I guess they have separate hitboxes for the NPC Iconic and the playable Iconic/players in general) but could be mistaken. It does look weird, though, going back and forth between gameplay and cutscene designs lmfao. (Also Circe still keeps her old model when you see her standing behind Hippolyta in the Aegis of Truth solo, even in cutscenes, for whatever reason.... uses the new model in the Circe's Trial and other cutscenes, just for some reason that one is an exception, doesn't really matter but is a little odd)
    • Like x 1
  11. Alushaun Well-Known Player

I may be remembering the info wrong, but I also heard the original Booster Gold actor voice is still in the game in a few spots.
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Oh, boy. You would have hated Supergirl, during the late '60s / early '70s. She had a new costume at least once an issue, for awhile there. DC was using fan submissions, and they had lots of them to get through. :p
    • Like x 2
  13. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I noticed you have to stand next to her and start the fight to get her to move.
  14. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Kek

It's a problem with NPC AI in general. They aren't 'waking up' and even Batman in the new alert won't engage enemies just feet away from him unless he happens to get hit. Not that they do anything meaningful at all. They don't do damage and won't take aggro away from any enemy harassing a player, but eh. From a player perspective, seeing them just idle there like morons just underscores the problematic design choices in the game.

Just as irksome as the terribly stiff, recycled animations used in cutscenes. Chalk it up to lack of experience, but when animating these scenes you have characters talking to each other but in many of the newer scenes from recent DLCs, characters are not being scripted to actually lock on to other characters so their heads track to each other's direction, so you get these really bad looking scenes like Wonder Girl and Zatanna talking to each other just feet apart but staring off into space, and you can't skip any of it. (The fact that you can't skip all cutscenes, and that the voice acting is getting much worse in quality and voice direction is likely not a thing, hurts the game's quality overall).
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

go on. admit it. you'd kill for this outfit in game, wouldn't you? I I almost certainly would.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Forgive my ignorance of DC Comics, but when did she become a blonde?
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

that's Donna Troy in my pic. Cassie would've been late '90s.

still want that outfit, though. . .
    • Like x 2
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

This Wonder Girl is Donna Troy. The current one is Cassie Sandsmark, who was originally introduced sometime after Wonder Woman's reboot, back in 1987.
    • Like x 2
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I preferred the variant she used in The New Teen Titans. The main difference is it had less bling, and the stars were a bit less chaotic (probably was easier to draw, that way).
    • Like x 3
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And yet, initially she showed up with dark hair (believe it was a wig) in Young Justice.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2