Extra Life 2023 & New Rewards

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 13, 2023.

1. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

If Team Incentives: Boss Battles costs $100 donation and a team of 8 all get the reward, why not just sell these rewards in the store for an equivalent amount, say $15 each and just donate all proceeds to the charity!? It'd be a two-for. You'd make a whole lot more money for the charity doing that than selling 5 instances of the boss battle AND you'd allow players who want these to get them without having to buy the boss battle themselves or know someone who bought one. These feel locked behind a door that 90% of us can't get at. Or at least nearly impossible to grab them all. Just sell them and donate the proceeds, please.

1. Holographic Rainbow Chroma Pack
    2. Violet Disruption Material
    3. Green Disruption Material
    4. Quartz Glass Material
    5. Sapphire Glass Material
    6. Amethyst Glass Material
    7. Fire Opal Glass Material
    8. Caregiver Cape
    9. Angelic Aura
    10. Starry Caregiver's Chroma Pack (3 materials)
    11. NEW! Gamaga Arcade Machine
    • Like x 3
  2. NiX® Level 30

+1
  3. Eve YouTuber

Just as fyi, if the donor does it in a public area, EVERYONE in the area get the reward. Just got to try get into a phase where it happens. I think if it was possible for them to do it directly from the Market Place they would have. And, most of these materials usually are available outside of Extra Life boss spawns, but Dev Invasions rarely happen anymore which is a shame.
    • Like x 3
  4. Eve YouTuber

You can donate for the reward directly now on the Devs pages if It's of interest to you. :)
    • Like x 4
  5. WonderEU Level 30

I made a donation this morning for the Aura and Mepps very kindly logged in and sent it over. Worthy cause and a beautiful aura. Thank you Mepps.
    • Like x 2
  6. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Do we get the rewards the day we made a donation or only during the event? I too made a donation this morning but never received my Aura.
  7. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

This event has some of the best stuff! Stoked to have the Starry Chroma and the Cape for my other characters! Thank you!
    But…
    The granted item menu says ‘Caregiver Cape’ but it drops the ‘Angelic Patron’s Plumage’.
    Fingers crossed!
  8. WonderEU Level 30

I do t know if they were supposed to drop the other boss rewards as a grant to every character. Kinda makes it pointless for anyone to now arrange a boss battle or donate separately for a specific reward when everyone now has all the rewards for free.
  9. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Boss Battles are not only meant for getting rewards but having fun with friends and fighting an overpowered boss, while donating for a great cause. So not really pointless, if you are doing it for the right reasons!
    • Like x 3
  10. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

Wow, how totally awesome!! Thanks, Zoe. AND thanks Daybreak for hearing me, us, whomever! I really appreciate being able to obtain all of these. Besides the three free rewards we just received (Thank You), I just donated for the other 8 items I needed! :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Were the Extra Life items pulled? My fiancée was claiming them on her characters then logged off. I log in and all I can claim are my daily Teekle Buckets? Hope they return, yesterday I donated so I was looking forward to getting the items on my characters too.
  12. Eve YouTuber

They will be back, just some rewards were not meant to be granted.
    • Like x 1
  13. WonderEU Level 30

I agree with that and don’t disagree. My point however is that a part of the incentive is the ‘Exclusive’ reward and my point was after today the incentive is removed so will be harder to get people to make the donation. I made a personal donation myself as well as a donation for the aura.
  14. tobi72 New Player

not even received I want to take another but if you do not receive what you bought is a little complicated
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Mepps posted;Several of these rewards were not supposed to go out. We have disabled the grant while we fix.
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It was not intended.

Mepps posted ;Several of these rewards were not supposed to go out. We have disabled the grant while we fix.
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

You would still be surprised how many players I know, wanted and still want the novelty of a boss battle as well as the reward drops from them. So the rewards are nice, but the reason to donate and unique ability to drop choice bosses are their own reward. :)
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

So, I guess we'll be able to see if it works the way you think or if it'll work the way so many people talk about the cosmetics on the marketplace. "They're too expensive! I'd buy more of them if they were cheaper! You'll make more money by volume!".
  19. Eve YouTuber

I think Mepps is the only one who sends them quickly, but other devs might take awhile. If you haven't gotten yours after a week+ you can probably ask what's up with that.
  20. bradleymsimmons Well-Known Player

Bought all mine today. Got all the ones from AerynDC but none of the ones yet from Mepps. Probably just depends on how busy they are. I'm not worried. I know I'll get them eventually and just thrilled we are able to buy them out-right. Otherwise, I don't think I would ever had stood a chance to get them all. Thank you again, whomever made the decision to sell them.
    • Like x 1