How to battle heal with Water as a full heal but just to burn solo content (and maybe duos alerts)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lucidex, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Lucidex Active Player

I don't have the time to farm 16 different gear, 6 different artifacts and 6 different augments. to have a dps build and a healer build, and I love healing, so I just go full heal.

My arts are: PHR, PAGE and Trans card.
    My Gear is all healer gear except the two rings, they're dps.
    My augments are 4 dominance, and two resto
    My spec is dps crits and heal crits, and then the rest in resto and dom.

the Loadout: Solace, riptide, bubble and flood of power, and then priority and group heal.
    the idea is to spawn 4 solaces of the sea, as frequently as possible, and you know the rest.

Obviously with all this, I left no room for dps, the only source of dps buffs are trans card and crit stats that I maxed out.
    and my loadout doesn't have any damage abilities.
    so it all hinges down on my weapon, (I'm Open to respec or use different augment combination although not preferred)
    Believe it or not, Brawling shuriken mastery and DW mastery did not work for me, because they're usually clipped with, and the damage is slow...so I'm open for different weapons and weapon mastery combos to use for solos, duos etc.
  2. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Speccing Dom as a healer is inefficient because your base Dom is low and you will not have enough SP yo put 350+ points into it. It is very insignificant compared to your Resto stat. Stacking base Resto (i.e. augs) is efficient as a heal because you get 35% resto just for being in heal role.

If you have a separate armory, max Prec first, then 100 into Resto, Might, rest into HP. Otherwise max Resto, 100 into Prec, Might, rest into Health. Taking both attack and heal crits is good.

For solos/duos, you do not need many heals. In fact, you really just need Bubble + Riptide (permanent shield), and one heal occassionally (just prio). For the ither 3 slots, take weapon buff, and then superspeed clips and/or SC are useful, or even a dedicated CC ability if there's too many adds (e.g. Waterspouts). Optionally take group heal too in Duos. You can take Solace if you're lazy, but I think it's overkill, especially with Bubble + Riptide and occassionally pressing prio.

DW and Brawling are still the best weapons, even if you don't clip. You can always jump cancel Flurry Shot, and nothing matches Shuriken Storm's AoE profile. Feel free to hit melee attacks (especially Brawling) if you'd like instead.

Battle support roles generally take fairly high SP and arts (e.g. Clarion) to work. I have not seen an effective battle heal outside of this setup. The idea is to rely mostly on group + prio spam, absuing the PHR + Page combo, and then weapon buff + plenty of weapon attacks. You can take other heals as needed (try not to, because prio + group with those arts is legitimately broken), kr shields, but otherwise fill it with clips like a prec DPS. I can reach about 1/3 of a top DPS's damage in a raid, which (believe or not) is going to be close to or exceed a very mediocre's DPS's damage. Of course you should also use trinkets. In alerts or smaller, you can get away with even less heals and more damage, so dropping group heal and even using some Prec augs is an option.

Also, the content lately has not required a healer (not even the elite raid), so you can get away with a lot.
    • Like x 1
  3. Pretenama New Player

:rolleyes: try to heal with air before water...worst thing i ever saw
  4. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Since you get unattuned gear, it's pretty easy to have 2 sets of gear. After only 1 week of the episode I had full sets of at least green gear or higher on both roles.
    The best way to do damage in healer role is with your weapon. Both the combos you mentioned are the fastest and do the most damage. I usually find if you have purple healing ray, you can wear full dps gear, 60 sp in your damage crits, full precision mods, and use the Clarion artifact for healing and damage. You mentioned you have trans and Strat, so you could just do clarion, trans, strat, and only use purple if you find yourself dying during boss fights. That would mostly be for running alerts solo, since you can solo even elite duos in full dps gear.
  5. Lucidex Active Player

So I managed to make both a might healer build and a prec healer build...but I'm kind of confused, even when the specs are the same, the augments are the same and everything else, I seem to do massively more damage in dps role than in heal.

I mean, yes I understand this is literally the Damage role, but the damage bonus is only 10%, and I have everything else the same, why is the difference so high?
  6. Lucidex Active Player

I had a stupid Idea that I don't know if people tried before.

go in DPS role, use trans strat and PHR, have 4 might augments and 2 resto...then heal using group and priority heal.
    sure I can't share the shield, but you can raw heal most content anyway, and PHR has a damage reduction shield.

this is literally the only viable battle "heal" plan that I've found, high damage and good heals...and I won't get pressured by a terrible tank or players who step into hazards or don't block because I'm not their healer...win win am i right? lol
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Battle healing with what you've got in artifacts, my suggestion (yes, I've battle healed water).

Trans, strat, purple (since this is what you've got).
    Full dps gear (in healer role). Spec superpowered, both critical attack and heals, 100 resto, rest into might.
    Full might augments.

Loadout for solo/duo
    Shark clipped with bubble clipped with riptide, depth charge, ebb combo, then rotate shark, depth, ebb until bubble is ready again. Robot sidekick passive.

If more heals needed:
    Tsunami strikes combo clipped with shark. Robot, bubble+riptide, use dehydrated or whirlpool.

For alert content:
    Tsunami strikes combo clipped to shark, bubble+riptide, rsk, then whatever is needed on 6th slot: heal, shield, SC, another attack.
  8. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Ah, someone may know better than me, but you actually don't have full damage potential in healer role. Not sure if it's a % penalty? You can't actually achieve the same level of damage. All of your might damage powers do less damage in healer role, less healing in DPS role. For example arc lightning. You still get small heals in DPS role, but more damage, Vice versa in healer role (bigger heals, smaller damage).

I'm not sure if precision also has a penalty? I'll run some tests on the sparring target but guessing it might be similar.
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You take a 20% hit to your damage if I remember correctly. 35% resto, as well as group shields vastly outweigh that though in terms of overall prowess. That's why battle healers are always actually healers.

In alerts though, battle healers look a lot prettier because of every dps after the first one makes every dps lose 7% damage. So if there's 3 of them... they're all being cut by 14%. So the healer is really only cut by 6% relatively... and it makes them look like god's gift to women everywhere.
  10. Henoshock Well-Known Player

This is handled on a case-by-case basis based on power used. Arc Lightning does not have such a penalty, and has the same numbers in both Damage and Healer role. The power descriptions will typically be pretty accurate in this case, such as for Water and Celestial.

So if you actually use powers meant for damage, then they will still do damage. The base damage value is the same, it's just stats and other multipliers which will affect the final damage number. Similarly for Precision (note that Prec in general is more reliant on having a Troll as they give +20% prec for free).

Healer role does not grant a reduced damage (or impact your damage directly in any way). Being in Damage role grants you +10% damage, however. In most cases though the damage difference will seem a bit more than 10% as this stacks additively with Transformation Card, which almost every DPS uses. This is the only damage difference between the two role that comes solely from the role. It is true that Healers do gain +35% Restoration.

---
    It would be good to note that Augments, Skill Points, Artifacts, and even gear play a very large part in your stats (obviously). A typical DPS may have ~60k Restoration, while a Healer will have ~175k. This is where most of the difference in healing/damage out will come from.

Battle healing is about finding a balance between the two roles. Of course, separation of responsibilities in a group content (i.e. specialization) is generally more efficient, but there are still optimizations you can make. In the majority of content, a Healer is either unnecessary, or only needed some of the time, and you will have plenty of time to not heal, and do damage instead. This is more prevalent in alerts which actually challenge the tank. They will not be constantly taking damage, and if they do, you don't need max Resto to be able to heal them (just press prio a few more times). Additionally, any amount of extra burn there helps a lot, but you still need a Healer occasionally. It may be better to think of Battle Healing as starting in one role, but shifting the spec a bit more towards the other role.