Any Chance for Making Allies Usable Account Wide?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Photonaxon, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Photonaxon Well-Known Player

Upgrading them individually is extremely time-consuming and costly.

Also, having to replicate for each alt is nearly impossible. I'm still working on my main as it is.

Healer Allies, Tank Allies, DPS allies, Controller Allies, Utility Allies.

It would be nice to pick from an Account wide system of Allies to equip.
    • Like x 4
  2. Cypharr Committed Player

This is an absolutely great idea. I've been suggesting other methods but not as good as this. Allies account wide will give player more flexibility in the game allowing them to buy more allies to upgrade if they are account bound.
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

If you purchase from the market place they are account wide.
  4. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

I'm glad to see so many people asking for this. It would be a big help.
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

People just need to accept that this is a one character kind of game. Alts are just cute little farming tools if you so desire.

You can't have a life outside the game while managing multiple toons and that's ok. You get to choose between having multiple characters at a competent level and having time to go outside sometimes. Choose wisely.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I’m
    Some people have both though so I disagree with this statement
  7. Entrust Committed Player

I guess this would depend on what each player considers to be "a component level."

I have 2 to 3 toons I keep at/near EG, at least in their CR. Over the years, I've taken multiple long breaks. So any maxed OP gear is irrelevant.

* I have the basic allies, krypto - 2 minor support.
    * Artifacts- average is around 100. (Some are higher, others are new, while others are sitting in the bank waiting for a double day)
    * I don't do Elite runs (outside of solos), not because I can't, it's just not fun for me. (Mostly bc I've yet to find a group of ppl who are chill about it)

Are my toons component?

For me? Yes. Instance success is in the 90%. Run times are acceptable. My DPS scores are in the high-average range. Support roles are sufficient.
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

My standards of competence are significantly higher in terms of toon power, but if you don't intend to do elite at all... I guess they're sufficient. No idea how anyone could enjoy the game like that though. Even elite nowadays is mostly comical. I wish I had the time and patience to master elite plus raids, but my gaming windows are generally too brief.
  9. Entrust Committed Player

Aaannnddddd, that's why I don't do Elite. That perspective right there. The hypocritical stance that says elite is easy, but then expects ppl to be gear & SP chasers. None of which demonstrates competence, just completion.

Nobody knows WHICH feats a player has earned, or WHEN, or HOW. The number of hours put in, or the research done.

I LIKE playing the game. I LIKE playing with good ppl that also LIKE playing the game. What I don't like are snobs, which is why I just chose not to do elite. I actually pity them. I've met some great ppl in this game over the years, not elite players just great ppl.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Elite is the new regular. I'm sure there's plenty of baby alts with 200 SP getting by in this new one at least. The snobs are in Elite Plus. You'll be fine.
  11. Cypharr Committed Player

With the recent changes I've come to realize this. My alt are just farming tools. I'm no long trying to get there arts to 200, they are fine at 120 since I only use them in normal content. I was stocking put on nth metal when it was tradable which I planned to buy some perfected nth metal from the marketplace to finish it up but now i'll be damned if i buy much more or any for that matter. As for allies Krypto, Cyborg & Oracle is where the road ends for my alts. I've no incentive to spend money on DCUO anymore. The devs are too greedy.
    • Like x 1