Anniversary event is so sad

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kallader, Oct 11, 2023.

1. kallader Committed Player

Big fan how they use ambiance in the game for event like Halloween and Xmas with both main city full decorated same for HOL best time of the year then the Anniversary event come.....Hol no decoration with the teleport to the Event location in an empty cold room... Other than bases items in vendor no decoration about a party or something that could tell an actual anniversary is running.
    Anniversary event should be the event with the most love so peoples feel good and appreciate the new year coming like wow another year in this nice game.. In Dcuo we get a msg telling us to teleport to the event Anti monitor and that's it nothing will mention anniversary at all a single time.
    Not asking for items just some basic decoration in HOL and Watchtower at least something.
    • Like x 2
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Considering the event is a concerted effort to fight against the machinations of the Anti-Monitor, I'm not 100% sure that celebratory decorations would be all that appropriate. LOL

I get where you're coming from, but I think it's a matter of the difference between the anniversary itself and what we do during the event.
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

When it comes to video games, that IS celebration. "Traditional" anniversary type stuff like you'd see for a marriage or company or something just works very differently from how a video game does anniversaries. Much like the comics this game is based on, video games quite often opt for a big event, a spectacle, an extra large scale story and that doesn't necessarily always translate to a party (plus we have Homecoming for that now). It gives cool items that represent a lot of the cool, popular, and important things in both comics and the game itself and that isn't always happy or party type items. It's celebrating the game by giving us an extra dose of what most of us came to and enjoy the game for in the first place. Celebrating media often comes in the form of immersing yourself in it that little bit extra. To revel in what you love so much about that media, which isn't always just the cheerful happy-go-lucky aspects.
    • Like x 1
  4. kallader Committed Player

Dude I just ask for a banner with anniversary written on it not a psycho analyze XD
    • Like x 1
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I didn't psychoanalyze.... I analyzed the game and celebrations, not you
    • Like x 1
  6. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I get where your coming from there should be balloons and some new music playing maybe some fireworks that's in a static place like HOL. It should be like a celebration for the coming year and good things to come. I am just surprised nobody on the team hasn't thought about this yet.

But who am I kidding lol many new devs so they wouldn't know just a small few but still surprised some of the vet devs haven't brought this up. I just forgot EG7 might only give them a certain budget to work.
    • Like x 1
  7. Grip Committed Player

I may not agree the gameplay event is sad, but any excuse to toss in cool new touches works for me. I'd be interested in seeing long-beamed floor and ceiling-mounted spotlights added to complement the op's idea of dressing up the HoL area for the anniversary because nothing says Look over here, this is important quite like spotlights. Would they also work wonders for league halls and the large bases? Sure, but that's not my point...
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

So as much as we call it the Anniversary Event, its actually the Anti-Monitor Event. In game, there's not a celebration as we are actively being attacked. I dont think we can celebrate destruction lol Well, maybe some Villains out there but the big guy is attacking yall too haha.

I understand the reasoning and not a bad idea but to fit the theme of the event, there's no need for balloons or anything. You do get cake though so there's that.
    • Like x 2
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

The cake is a lie.

(sorry, not sorry)
  10. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1