Rage power set

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Hangeles89, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Hangeles89 New Player

Hello everyone,
    So I just got back to playing DC, i Iast played when legion dlc was New. At that point I used an electric character and a rage character. I seem to be having alot of trouble getting help with rage now that I'm back, I'm looking for a good ranged might dps loadout, arts and allies. And especially a tank loadout, arts, and allies.
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Range might*
    -Artifacts: transformation card, grim verum, solar amp.

-Allies: House of Legends bot- active. Passives, I suggest cyborg for power Regen help, and giggling Batman for his random cards.

-Stat Points: superpowered focus. All critical attack/magnitude full. (Don't forget movement mode), robot sidekick, (maybe Word of Power, it's situational), fill might/power if you can.
    *Note* if you've got plenty of points left to play with, here's what I suggest. Put 100 into resto and 100 into dominance. It will help (not gonna make you invincible) with your ability to self-heal. Takes the edge off sometimes.

-Loadout: Heat vision, channel hate, dreadful blast, robot sidekick. (This is 4 powers, I'll get to the options for the other 2 shortly)

-Rotation: heat vision (gets grim out to set up PI), tap range (this is tap queueing a weapon attack that will not interrupt your channel of heat vision), dreadful blast combo clipped into channel hate (2-3 tricks of damage, more if you need healed), tap range (cancels channel), dreadful blast combo clipped to *repeat from the start*.

-5th & 6th powers:

--Super charges: best option is berserk, that's if you can be in the right position without risking the tanks survivability). If not berserk, you can run neo venom (other better options in my opinion), infuriate (adds healing and critical), or WoP (deals damage and adds criticals), or even run infuriate with WoP for even more criticals.

--powers: if running 1 SC (preferred method), then remorseless recovery is my preferred choice. It heals based on damage, capped at a percent of your resto and Dom (good thing we added some points, it helps). If you do enough damage, this power alone with help keep you alive in places without a healer.
    Redirected rage is another option, who doesn't like a shield here and there.
    Ire, a quick breakout/heal that gives you a couple seconds to get a combo finished, if needed.
    You really don't to have something here that is not able to be clipped, and needs cast often. You want this to be a 12sec quick casting power that you clip after something else.

As for tanking, I'm not certain what the best setup/artifact combination is at this point, but I am curious as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Skoll Well-Known Player

For DPS, this is all dependent on how many arts you have and how much you are willing to art swap before given a loadout and art set up. Stat spec will always be Superpower > both crits maxed > might & power > precision leftover.

For tanking, the general 3 all purpose tank arts will do fine. Manacles, everyman and mystic symbol. Once you’ve gotten those up I would start getting things like lazarus, eog, lasso, clarion, dilustel etc up. But really any combo will work that has manacles tbh. You won’t not be able to tank a boss just because you don’t have “x” art, but the general 3 are good for every single boss fight and work with every tank power should you want to switch in the future, where others are better for certain powers more than others.

For rage there are a lot of combinations. Dilustel, Manacles, Everyman. Manacles, Mystic symbol, EoG. Manacles, Lazarus, Dilustel etc…

Stat spec will be hybrid > 10&10 any crits > max health > 100 resto > rest dom. Allies: Combat any, Lex luthor (defense buff), Superman (breakout shield)

Loadout: pull, sever punishment, without mercy aoe pull (if adds, if no adds then redirect rage for shield) , e-chain (rage crash cancel), ire (superman shield), hardlight shield.

You pull, pop sever punishment and look pretty cc’ing the adds or countering the boss, moving/kiting to avoid damage until time to pop e-chain or another rage crash cancelling move, pop a shield and wait until sever punishment is back up. Rinse and repeat.

Rage tank is one of the easiest in the game along with Ice. Almost impossible to die unless you mess up your rage crash and your healer is another instance.

You can also remove the crash crash cancelling move and just use remorseless recovery if you have a good healer and you’re constantly being messed up trying to cancel the crash.

Just go experiment on a WB and see what works for you.
    • Like x 2
  4. Daitoso0317 Active Player

Is
    Is their a substitute for heat vision in this loadout, if i wanted to keep a bit closer to rage or use an art other than solar amp
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Currently, trans, grim, Quizlet works better than using solar amp: but still using heat vision, because it's a really great choice for single target.

Dreadful blast is the primary power, so you can jump cancel heat vision and tap range to get back into dreadful quicker (likewise using channel hate to clip after dreadful, tap range to get back into dreadful quick).
  6. Daitoso0317 Active Player

That would actually work great, I just don’t like the blue being mixed in with the rest of the powers
    • Like x 1
  7. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Don't forget to grab some chronometric emitters for your utility belt. These are great for freezing adds. I have saved many a DPS from getting one shot by elite adds when a DPS decides to strike before I have casted a pull to get aggro. Scoreboard chasers tend not to wait for the tank.
  8. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I like to be an all in one type of tank, using Death Metal Batman as a combat ally to debuff. Lex Luthor ally is a must, as he will save you a lot of times with his first passive. It is truly the best tank passive IMHO. Definitely worth opening 25 capsules to get Lex. Nubia has a great passive if you tend to block counter a lot. Not every situation will call for you to use a group breakout, but if you do, Superman will also work for your might DPS with his empowered channeling passive (as you stated you prefer not to use solar amplifier.)

Otherwise, if you don't have the stabilizers to open the capsules to get Nubia or Superman, Calcbot is a great basic ally, easy to level to max, providing you a passive heal every 20 seconds when being attacked. I prefer to prec tank, using Clarion, Symbol, and EoG, giving me the ability to heal and shield the group, thus, the all in one tank. As a prec tank, you can use a few more rage crash reducing abilities, than if you are a might tank relying on echain, while having both redirected rage and Hard Light shields.

I use weapon buff (reduces effects of rage crash) clipped with severe punishment, redirected rage after severe punishment wears off, ragebringer pull, HL shield, and pheromone bloom supercharge with eog. With the emitters I mentioned previously, you will have great survivability and CCs for days. If you don't like pheromone bloom, infuriate also gives you a great way to heal yourself and the group.

Dominance is more important for rage, as once you reach 15 hits on your combo meter, you gain scar tissue- a percentage of max dominance is converted into health, increasing your max health. Resto doesn't hurt, but I would try to get max health and at least 100 spec'd into dominance. Hybrid provides 5 percent of both Dom and resto, so you could potentially put 30 in each to get that 10 percent of both. For augments, definitely go all dominance, no doubt about it.

For white mods, go hearty for the chest, fortified assault or guardian angel for the neck, and for the head mod use either the critical weapon buff if you choose prec or the supercharge mod of your choice if you use EoG. Feet will be tumbling mastery, however, I like explosive block, don't ask! Hands will be either regenerative shielding or max damage. If you have elite gear, affinity mods A and B will be health if you mostly tank, otherwise get might or precision for your DPS. If you prec tank, mod C Aggressive Protection is great with your weapon buff. Mod D I use crippling stance for the chance to stun an enemy.

Best of luck to you!
  9. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

I dont recall the rage power names off the top of my head, so will use colorful descriptions to fill in. :p

I got bored of the leaping spam - especially considering both leap combo powers only feature one of their combo attacks that's an actual AOE. Found a better option with tinkering but it's oriented toward rapid button pressing and fast monitoring of powers on cooldown. It's also more power hungry so may need to watch consumption here and there.

It's both a melee and ranged dps setup, but will do more damage in melee range when you can get good attack angles.

First thing is to lunge toward a pack of mobs. Before hitting, cancel the lunge by using the 360 AOE pull.

Now that mobs are gathered (hopefully) directly near you, pop the large bloody ground AOE

Follow that with plasma wretch. It's a conal AOE so you want to line up that angle to try to tag as many mobs as you can with it.

Now that two dots are set up on mobs, and they're still gathered in close proximity, cast the finisher power, E' chain, and combo it. As soon as the combo's 2nd hit (another conal AOE) hits, start spamming frenzy (melee claw clashes).

Immediately cancel frenzy any time the plasma puke/bloody AOE and E' chain are ready to be used. If enemies start to scatter again, pop the 360 pull move. Any time you use that pull move, jump. It'll give you a second of mobility in the air while performing the attack so you can reposition a bit further if needed. Note that frenzy is a mobile power, which will allow you to move while you use it. This is helpful as it lets you reposition that conal AOE angle if needed.

When mobs can't be pulled, such as when they are CC immune, you can switch to the rapid fire ranged blasts (not dreadful blast, which is slower and will sap DPS potential from your other abilities) to finish them off. They should still be in close enough range so that the two dots are still effecting them. If a single mob starts to wander off, E' chain can gank them back to you as well.

This plays incredibly fast and frenetic. In the chance you get interrupted and your recently used abilities are in cooldown, you can pivot to using the rapid ranged blast combo in close range until frenzy is refreshed, or you can use the 360 pull, which can help draw in mobs again as they start to move during the action. Be ready for those interrupts so you can rapidly breakout and just keep right on going. Keep making use of the weapon's lunge attack (but cancelling it just before it hits with a power) to compensate for the lack of power based lunging from the 3 other range leaping powers. It's pretty satisfying to watch, especially given you're using several powers and aren't just spamming the usual 2, and will have higher damage potential considering it's AOE focus.

For tanking, I don't use the rage crash mechanic at all. Never liked it to begin with, and there are issues with it being partially audio based. (Hearing impaired folks will instead have to babysit the cooldown 'o clock' position, which is just plain bad). Instead I use channel hate with the empowered channeling tacmod for more defense and to make it immune to interrupt, combined with both pull moves, the breakout, and remoresless recovery. This is a very, very similar setup to fire tanking, but channel hate is not as powerful as a self heal as fire's absorb heat, so without using the healing from the rage mode gimmick, you lean a bit more on the healer. Paired with handblasters power discharge and the weapon buff power + clarion, transformation card & strat' card or w/e for additional heals that can be clipped with channel hate or other abilities.
  10. sirAlann New Player

happy when everyone helps