Nth Metal Cache! Account Bound?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cypharr, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Cypharr Committed Player

This is a wrong move. Nth Metal Caches & Detectors just became another useless item in the game. Players will no longer buy Nth Metal Detectors, the reason players bought Nth Metal Detectors was because they were able to sell it, it was a way for players to make cash cos not to many players need it & most of the players who need it have the convenience to buy it from the broker. Nobody want to farm Nth Metal Caches (I know I don't). The only reasons players bought Nth Metal Detectors was they were able to make money of it. Anyways when you devs realize you just made Nth Metal Caches & Detectors another useless item in the game no one will tell you how stupid making it account bound is.
    • Like x 9
  2. wisetoons Well-Known Player

nth metal caches should be sold. i agree with OP. players are buying detectors for to farm and sell caches.
    • Like x 2
  3. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Next step: Make all the artifacts after ranking them up account bound too. Then we'll be good :)
    • Like x 3
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Meh, I never sold or purchased them from the broker anyway. I like having loads of Metal not having to rely on over priced items in the broker and trade. TBH, having all that in game cash is only good if having bad RnG and to scratch that instant gratification itch.
    • Like x 1
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

This change sucks too.
  6. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

None of this describes me as a player, please limit your posts to facts. I farm Nth Metal Caches and hold for 2x weeks. I have NEVER bought or sold a cache EVER. If you do what you describe then please speak for yourself. As I just did.

I am sorry your revenue stream has been cut; I know that can really suck.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

I can get behind this. At 200 u can unlock on alts.
    • Like x 2
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Please devs revert this change... It will be impossible to complete artifacts on alts now that caches cant be sold. Plus, nobody is going to buy detectors now since the prices are going to drop...

Is there a reason why this decision was taken???
  9. August Moon Well-Known Player

Better step, make it so feeding your artifact gives you 100% of the yield so people can change their artifacts more than 2 weeks out the year
  10. Grip Committed Player

Nice. I'd even be thrilled with the compromise of only having access to developed artifacts' loaded Nth on my other account characters via the shared bank. So we wouldn't be able to swap them around willy-nilly or gain full access to their progress via unlock, but we could freely offload an arty's progression (minus cats and seals) within our account. If a 55% non-2x hit was needed, my heart would survive that, too.

From a component perspective, a ranked artifact is metal and catalysts, so strip out the cats and you're left with the metal, and since the Powers That Be decided all Nth metal needs to be account bound...

Hey devs... ftfy :) (jk) I like way you guys think. Interesting stuff!
  11. BeastGamingSkill Level 30

It's probably because of those cheaters using multiple devices to farm NTH metal cache and then send it to their main. Two years ago I saw someone who had 5 other characters farming during double nth metal xp drops. Then they'll send all the cache to their main account. I quit DCUO like 20 months ago since I moved to xbox ( played on PS ) so it doesn't affect me but it sucks that cheaters always ruin everything for others.
    • Like x 2
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Still doesn't make much sense. You need to buy detectors from the marketplace to farm nth metal, so worst case scenario they are paying a lot to the game lol, maybe make the cache from the fate vendor and gifts account bound but keep the other cache tradeable. The whole game can't pay for a few guys cheating.
  13. BeastGamingSkill Level 30

Not necessarily, they give "Gifts" like during the anniversary event with the CR skips and you get a few catalyst and nth metal detectors for free which people with multiple boosting accounts and get and then use to farm nth metal cache and then trade them to their main account. This will hurt everyone but making them account bound will hurt the cheaters more since it makes farming on multiple booster at the same time useless now.
  14. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

No, they most likely are not, since you can buy Detectors on broker, use them to farm Metal caches, sell some to buy more Detectors and repeat.
  15. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Well but someone is paying to put them on broker
  16. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

As I said, in that case they should just make nth metal from gifts and fate vendor account bound and keep the ones from MP detectors tradeable
  17. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

You know that those detectors that were being sold on the broker didn't drop out of thin air, right? They're being bought on the marketplace for real $$$.

With this change, nth metal detector sales on the marketplace will drop significantly. I don't see this being a very beneficial change for Daybreak.
  18. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

I wouldn't consider that cheating at all. Anyone can have multiple devices with multiple accounts and farm things for their main account. I do it myself whenever they drop free cr skips and send all the catalyst to my main.

This was a terrible change honestly.
  19. BeastGamingSkill Level 30

I'm guessing people who had 50+ accounts for Stabilizer farming weren't cheating either. They just stood there and had others complete the duo and then logged out and logged in to another account to do the same. I never did it because I thought it might be considered cheating but it would of been nice to know it was legitimate.
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

Unless your Alts are on different Accounts, you can just put them in your Shared Bank Slots, and your Alts can pick them up from there. The same goes for anything else that is Account Bound.