Confirmed Issue With Witching Hour Race

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by jpharrah1010, Oct 6, 2023.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

When if did it on my speedster toon…

I started the race and every time I hit a node it would slow my character down as if I hit a wall …at first I thought I had hit the roof but when it was happening in clear open sky and nothing around I knew it had to be a bug.

It happened just right now at 5:13 pst October 6 if you want more info I’ll dm it to you.

Unless this is part of some trick or treat deal which would be hilarious however it would be irritating since there would be no way to actually speed your character up enough to medal
    • Like x 8
  2. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I had the same issue, I think... slow, very slow... the "fast button" working and stopping.
    • Like x 3
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Was your character super speed as well?
  4. Nova Superior New Player

I have had the same issue and was in a race that go booted on 10-6. Almost like hyper speed is not engaging and actually slowing you down.
    • Like x 2
  5. vRad Level 30

Yes! i encountered this today for one run; cancelling and restarting the race seemed to correct it. The boost sound and little cloud would show but my bat seemed to move in slow motion after. It only occurred once out of maybe 10 or so attempts I've done so far. There were 2 others in the race (strangers) and 1 teleported back to start right after me; may have had a similar issue. I'm on US/PS4, acrobat movement, hero faction, batman mentor.
    • Like x 2
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Wee you super speed or flight or acro?
  7. FaithfulJudgeDC New Player

Unfortunately I did the race not ss but flying and got booted it said zone unavailable.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Wel that’s good atleast we know it’s not only affecting non flight players
  9. Nova Superior New Player

I use flight.
  10. Nova Superior New Player

Flight
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

It happened to me one more time last night …

And I even canceled the race and hit retry .. it just kept happening
  12. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Relog and that should fix it.
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Same here, leaving the area and coming back seems to be the only way to fix it.
  14. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Which is really annoying it’s happened to me 2 times total tho
    • Like x 1
  15. Kestral Committed Player

This bug happened every once in awhile for the valentines flight as well. Not usually every day but common enough.
    • Like x 1
  16. RahRah Active Player

Been a bug for years. I just relog to fix.
  17. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I've done this race every year since it came out. This is the first seasonal this has happened to me. However, it is happening many times, regardless of the movement mode of my characters, and I use all three modes. I run the race six times a day. It happened on three of the six toons I run. Each with a different movement. I had to close the application to correct it. Not my best lap time!
  18. Dwild Well-Known Player

Happening to me too....every time I pass a gate it drops my toons to slow speed...when flight normalizes I can hit speed again, but it drops as soon as I hit another gate.
  19. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I am super speed and this also happens to me. I thought that it was intended but now after reading everyone's comment it may be a buglet
  20. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Yep, just adding my 2c. First and only time today, 1435 approx AEDT (20:35 Pacific). Flight character. Thought someone was sniping me at first. The next attempt with a new character, 15 minutes later, was clear.