Daily Rewards Change? Stabilizer Duo Back?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Oct 5, 2023.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've only run into that once in a major way, where someone actually told me to (paraphrasing because it happened a while ago lol) "go fetch" their fragments for them. o_O

Too bad for them I had the next day off of work and all the time in the world to wait them out. :D Still, I completely understand those frustrations.
    • Like x 2
  2. spikeat Well-Known Player

The stabilizers were replaced with a perfect exobyte and some old catalyst from previous episodes.

Can you at least tell us why you had to removed a QoL feature?
    • Like x 3
  3. Sheon Kureth New Player

"We've replaced your daily login reward with a daily chore -- are you excited about that? :D"
    ...No, no I'm not. I don't care for that change at all. Guess they weren't selling enough stabilizers. Many of us only have an hour or two to play, daily -- it's not fun to spend 45 minutes of that on daily chores.
    • Like x 4
  4. Eve YouTuber

If anything it should've been catalysts of current episode. Would have been more convenient, even though it just launched.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The only people that enjoy the stabilizer duo are farm accounts and lazy bots. Delete the damn duo or change it into a solo.
    • Like x 9
  6. Achikah All About That Base

Honestly, I'm pretty happy the mission's back, mainly being the furniture aspect. Yes, the Luxurious side of the loot pool were added to Cheetah, but that was only around 5-10% of the drops that were only available from the Stabilizer mission. Classy Bars, Palatial Baths, Large Cat Balloons and a bunch items of others can only be found in the instance so having it back in rotation will help out decorators immensely.

As far as the chore of running it daily goes, I'm ok with it. Instances take 2-3 min once a day. The Fate and Daily log in removals were a pretty big blow, but I can't say I'm upset about the STTS removal. I loathe bounty spamming, even moreso the ones on a timer, so not needing to keep up with currency weekly is a relief.

This is just my personal take though, everyone's interests are different. But for someone who decorate constantly, it's a welcome change.
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yeah .. this is basically a glorified vault run … it should be a solo, especially for some of us who play earlier into the morning hours and there aren’t as many people on sometimes this can take a bit to pop…

Matter fact I’d rather them bring the vault back just for this everything that drops in these stabilizer runs would drop in the vault run… I don’t know anyone who hated the daily vault run .. I mean I stopped doing them cause it was only one mark and nothing really else needed … but if it’s where we got stabilizers I woulda kept running them.

Edit* but make this particular type of vault account locked once ran obviously
    • Like x 3
  8. appocolyps Committed Player

Vile corporate greed in an attempt to force players to spend more again, its obvious that one of the boss', probably someone in finance has said "our sales in stabilizer's and keys are way down, rectify it now"!!! im genuinely disheartened to see the company take 1 step forward and 2 steps back with this, absolutely gob-smacked in all honesty,
    • Like x 5
  9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Horrible bad call who's idea was it to bring this crap back? Many of us would prefer the daily log in or just turn this into a solo. Then the Dr fate vendor and Dakota vendor stabs were removed too lol wtf . That's ok that's fine but as for me personally I still wont be buying stabs in the marketplace lol forget it.
    • Like x 6
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Queues up duo, afk.

Thanks a lot devs….not!
    • Like x 1
  11. GrumpySnorlax Level 30

Looks like someone new who didn't know what they were doing.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally I'm not a fan of the change. The 21 day rewards was nice as you could 'skip' a few days to get all but the runoff fate tokens the last week and not have that sinking feeling you are 'missing out' on rewards. Now, there are 45 or 50 extra stabilizer frags in those 9 or 10 days, and some Nth, so it feels like another ploy to just make us feel like we 'have' to log in.

And yeah, if it was making a comeback, why still a duo? Makes 0 sense as even if they were worried about some sort of exploit/speedhack, who's going to report it for that run and even hacked, what....it shaves off 30 seconds of a 1 min run? The queue time is sometimes more than 1 min.

The only people the duo really benefits is A) a squatter and B) a VERY low 'I only run healz' player.

And personally I'd rather not get it as a vault run, as I'm sick of having to clean my inventory of the 10 useless pieces of garbage we pick up in the vault. 1 piece of gear in the stabilizer run + stabs and nth that stacks sounds fine to me....just in a solo.

PS. Also, now that you can't queue inside the vault, it's more annoying. Best part about the vault always was you could queue up, and even if your run popped, you could just bust boxes for the 40 seconds or 1 min, then move right to your run. "pass lead so I can run my vault" was always nice too if you were in a long building group.
    • Like x 1
  13. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I'd prefer it to be a solo too, but don't care if the other player is a tryhard or a do-nothing~ difference of 20 seconds tops, big deal.
    All the other stabilizers removed makes me a tad bit salty though because I know I can't be arsed to run this duo every day, especially now that I got my hands on the Cyberpunk expansion, and will probably lose out compared to the now abolished, but fairly convenient way of distribution through vendors and daily rewards.
    But I'll get used to it again, so it's ultimately whatever.
    • Like x 1
  14. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

I don't have an issue with a company trying to make a profit. What bothers me is having something taken away that works just fine (farming bots my backside) and replacing it with something that resembles work so that people will opt for spending real coinage to get back what was taken rather than go through the hassle.

I also have an issue with being forced to team to do it, for all the reasons people have stated above, as well as the fact that my personal situation sometimes calls me unexpectedly away without notice.

Summer's over. There are fewer subscribers this time of year and your revenue will reflect that. A good business plan would have accomodated the slowdown.
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

I hope I'm reading this right. Is this not possible with the Halloween vault? did they patch it?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They patched that after they took away the normal daily vault.
    • Like x 2
  17. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

Hahaha hahaha I agree the afkers will be buying there tickets and getting in line to just stand there lazy ***** by the entrance.
  18. PandoraLaBella Well-Known Player

I couldn't care less about the scoreboard for a stupid duo where I can kill any adds with 1 hit. It's rude. I always wait for people because they queued to PLAY. Do you really think it would hurt to wait a few seconds for others to arrive? By the way, do you know that running ahead makes the loading take longer? What are you even doing here if you hate team play that much?
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Unless they changed it, you cannot queue from inside the vault since the changes 2 years ago. Maybe if it were to come back as a daily run...it would go back, but last I tried, you can't....there is a 'scorecard' now.
    • Like x 1
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Oh well the “vault run” I’m talking about wouldn’t give any of the old useless stuff you got before … the stabilizer version I’m saying would basically just be the stuff you get in the stabilizer mission just in a vault form.. and maybe some money to go along with it, basically you’d just get 1 piece of a gear, some nth metal, a furniture piece, and the stabilizers … the rest of the boxes would be money.

This is just a suggestion to remove it from being a duo .. it just seems like the easier option then it being a useless solo
    • Like x 2