Test Discussion Episode 46: Cursed House Of Mystery Alert

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Shadoweaver, Sep 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

DCUOT.558929
    • Overall the [Elite] version is in an ok spot. It really is designed for 3 dps - 1 tank, if that is what you envisioned. You can run a healer if you wanted but it isn't needed and would just slow down the instance.
    • I feel like any new feedback would just be placing it in a situation where we force a healer, ie faster spawning fire pools, increased damage etc not true mechanics
    • Don't let anyone tell you spore cloud should be toned down, there is a good tell and you just need to roll when Cursed Swamp thing raises his arm
    • As long as you are ready for large adjustments/additions made to bring this instance up to Elite+ level when that releases later then this alert is good to be released in the state it is presently on test.
    • Like x 1
  2. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

For regular I wanted to point out you can run 4 dps and get the feats from the furniture not hitting you by skipping entirely the phase with enough dps. I think it should be better to have the phase be forced in my opinion.

A couple dps died because they kept being in the boss face hitting all the damage but 4dps for the alert is entirely doable and I don’t think it should either be at that spot. Just my opinion though.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shadoweaver Developer

Thank you for the feedback!
  4. Shadoweaver Developer

Thanks for the feedback! Do you mean you can kill Deadman before the furniture phase triggers?
  5. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Correct, it’s only going to get worse as this dlc ages. I’m pretty sure it’s possible too on elite with the right set of dps

Please, personal request, for the + version of the alert make it to require all roles! Otherwise it won’t feel like plus.
  6. Shadoweaver Developer

Gotcha, I'll keep an eye out for this. Thank you!
    • Like x 1
  7. Amused New Player

I did this alert twice last weekend on elite difficulty. It was a lot more complete than the first times I tried to run it.

I liked the addition of the fires on the etrigan fight. Etrigan's fight and the last boss swamp thing felt more of a challenge than deadman's fight, which I thought was a bit too linear. I didn't feel at any point that the fight was dangerous at all. The only tenuous moment is when deadman reappears after the furniture phases when he may attack a non-tank player if the tank is not fast enough with the taunt. But even if the player is knocked out, it's not a big deal because the other players can revive straight away without much interference. In contrast, with etrigan, you might have difficulty with the revives because of the fires/ads and swamp thing has the gas/ads. The trapeze attack was more or less the same, where even if it took a players health down to a critically low amount (why not just make this a one-shot in elite?), there's no follow up attack so that player can heal themselves at their own leisure without any fear of getting hit by another random enemy or attack. Even just having some extra enemies come out (maybe some bats or something spooky .. I dont know much about deadman lore) would give it that extra oomph.

I enjoyed the transformations into the colorful sprites. It's great that the symbols had different colors as well as different shapes, for the case of the color blind. The furniture was cool, but again I didn't feel any danger here. Perhaps if the trapeze phase had been combined with the furniture phase (with some tuning), it would have given more sense of danger.

Swamp Thing's fight was pretty solid mechanic-wise. I felt like the gas area of effect moves got buffed to the right level. The damage does start very fast though, so I can see players having a tough time with it at first. At certain points a random player is selected to become a tiny tree monster. A cog appears along the edge of the fighting area, and another player has to activate the cog to free the teammate. Early on the cog took a few seconds to complete, but when I activated them last weekend, they activated immediately, which was a good change. However, I felt like even if nobody freed their teammates, it wouldn't make much of a difference unless it was a tank that got transformed. I could be wrong, but I remember I was still able to use my moves and abilities while being a tree.

Mostly a good experience with this alert. Etrigan's fight is working fine. Swamp Thing was probably the most interesting fight to me. Oh ya... when I tried to type a message to my group about deadman's trapeze attack, it wouldn't send. I tried multiple times, and I finally figured out it's because the word trapeze has a non-pc word in the middle that censors it. Are you guys able to whitelist just that specific word? if not, its not a big deal. I also noticed the LFG abbreviation for the cursed themyscira raid is the same as the birds of prey raid the clock tower. I have seen CT being used for clocktower, but they might have to start adding TCT for "the" clock tower to differentiate the two.

I know my feedback came a bit late. I thought I would be able to run this a few more times before thurs but that didn't turn out to be the case.
  8. Shadoweaver Developer

Great notes, thank you!
  9. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Obviously, it's not on test anymore, but the second boss fight, against Deadman... getting transformed into a ghost really screws over Earth brick tanks... Is it intended to kill this style of tanking?
  10. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Devs, please stop adding feats lately to the instances, it's a very bad move. Thank you.
  11. Stranger Well-Known Player

Bug Report

At 2nd Boss (Deadman) Batman keeps attacking some invisible enemy. But Deadman was there so it cant be him.
  12. Odin EU Level 30

I think I’ll just put it out. Not sure if this is unintended or not. The trapeze attack by deadman feat also fails when your pets get hit. I tried this 2x and both times it failed while only combat log saying robot sidekick/Lexcorp security bot henchmen got hit for all of us. When we did a no pet run the feat dropped. This is from the 12th, yesterday. I did get the feat on day one but I don’t recall that pets getting hit counted. Thus, I wish to ask for some clarification on this. It may perhaps be a bug that happened with the addition of new alert feats?

/Odin.
    • Like x 1
  13. Stranger Well-Known Player

I can confirm, this also happened to my group. (1 week ago)
    He only did the Trapez attack once, and he jumped into a henchmen pet group. After that never again until we defeated him. No feat popped. We retried without pets and it worked.
    I also had the feeling that the fire feat fails with pets too, without pets it worked for us.
    Maybe they should check this again.

Fun Fact: You can't write "Trapez" ingame because there is a special word in it :) ... Why Devs, Why?
  14. Kestral Committed Player

It would be really great if the animation for Etrigans attack where you need to move away from your allies always displayed. Right now when running regular you can only see it on a person in your group maybe a quarter of the time it happens. In Elite it actually displays more often but yeah it's hard to get people who aren't aware of the feat to stay away when they can't see the red arrows.
  15. Moon Shinobi777 Level 30

Everytime I am in CHMR or E, my armor changes colors and weapon's too. In the Cursed Deadman fight the trapeze attack there is no skull, the aoe is too big, and it take's too much damage. The furtniture phase of the fight. The damage is too high, the route's are misalign for the furniture making it hard to achieve the feat. Please adjust and fix this. Thank you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.