Youtuber Are Annoying

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob345, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Eve YouTuber

You better share some of this popcorn! :(
    • Like x 1
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

If you have a problem with someones signature being too big, you can report it under the relevant forum guideline being broken:

[IMG]

I mean, half of the posters here breaking just that rule alone :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Tros Well-Known Player

4. Elusian Crowd Control

Do we?

[IMG]

Just saying, advising a person just to ignore who is breaking the forum guidelines, is not making it right and does not solve the overall problem.
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I looked at that post and I'm guessing you are referring to the fact that the same 2 videos show in each post regardless of what was actually posted 'on theme'. Those are his current sig....hide signatures. There is very little to be lost doing this, and it would solve your problem without having to actually hide anyone's posts about particular videos...which are normally informative...sometimes entertaining.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

I was NOT wondering how anything looked; I do NOT have any questions; I will NOT take care; I will NOT see you in the next one; I do NOT want to make your day.

I swear, certain peeps around here gotta stop being aNnoYinG. I can't take all this AnNoyiNgnEsS.
  7. Grip Committed Player

Thank you, annoying YouTubers! (I'm responding only to the title this time.) Your social engagement does a LOT for a largely unadvertised game whose majority population won't recommend DCUO or even whisper within earshot of a close friend that they play it.

My hopes for DCUO's direction include a staff that improves player engagement and ownership willing to invest to make it a game players are proud to play. YouTubers (and YouTuberish people) already show that pride, and are a top reason some outside gamers know the servers are still running. Cheers.
    • Like x 1
  8. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I gotta disagree with you on this one, Trex. I have no issues whatsoever with folks who want to advertise who they are and their social media. While I don't love this new-fangled thing where folks answer a question with a video, I don't complain about that. But if your forum signature is half a screen height or more? I miss the days of signatures height limits being enforced. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if you can do it in a line of text instead, you should.

And the answer being, "just turn off signatures." You use yours for advertising as well. You would rather the majority of forum users nix your advertising than folks being considerate?
    • Like x 6
  9. kallader Committed Player

Not sure how posting stuff on forum post that only actual players look would inform any peoples outside gamers to know the servers are still running XD
    • Like x 2
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Not Wrong at all and limitations should be set. I thought they still were and folks were still working within them. Certainly a difference between obnoxious and considerate. I havent experience the obnoxious part but my threshold may be more tolerable than others haha. If a user turns off seeing signatures from other users (which i imagine is the setting that exists), I wouldnt be too offended. I cant stop folks using Adblocker so I treat that in the same vein. If it is becoming a problem, Mepps can and should put limitations in place. Or Im sure the Embed code needs to be changed to allow the video to be smaller.
    • Like x 1
  11. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I just started using my signature recently, and I was a bit surprised at how large it displays. There should certainly be a setting to allow you to change the display size (especially since someone who's looking at it can click to make it larger), or at the very least automatically resize it smaller.
    • Like x 2
  12. Grip Committed Player

Same. I re-read the post you referenced to make sure it doesn't say anything contrary to that, and thankfully, I didn't see it. The post, as stated, was in response to the clickbait thread title, and I felt like mentioning a very positive thing YouTubers do for us. Take care, friend
  13. Wallachia Devoted Player

Apologize for this thread and I will mercifully pretend this encounter never happened.