Alfred Base Companion

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tiffany6223, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Grip mentioned in another thread about a conversation he and his friends had about “Alfred base companion”, which would be a wonderful addition to any lair & league hall, because league halls need some love too!

It would be fantastic to have him as a general purpose kind of NPS who could mend gear and sell a soda cola. Like Grip was saying, he could wander around making snarky observations lol. Regardless if the Alfred base companion is mobile or stationary, a lair / league hall attendant who provides useful services would be great. I have just such an attendant in the other MMO I play, just saying.

Thank you Grip for the idea!
    • Like x 9
  2. Grip Committed Player

Sweet! So the concept exists in other games. Definitely makes me more hopeful, Tiffany; great info! In fairness to accreditation, I'll bet fresh cup of tea the idea was previously mentioned in some form :)
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

I adore the idea. He could basically be some type of vendor, in a way but inside the league hall. I wonder if he could then technically walk around? The NPC's for vendors usually stand in place.
    • Like x 4
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I was thinking about the Isis kitty cat NPC, she walks around and will give a treat once a day. Maybe the same mechanics can be applied to Alfred? Some snarky British commentary would be great too lol.
    • Like x 4
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

All I know is that if somehow Ambush bug ends up strangled with a pair of neatly pressed socks....I'll know who to look at.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  6. Proddy Active Player

she needs to give better treats to be honest :D pretty sure the last thing I got was a rubber chicken. i try hard not to click on her honestly, lol.
    • Like x 3
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

True! Lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes, in FF14. They are called Retainers and you also send them on their own missions and rank them up.
    • Like x 1
  9. Grip Committed Player

*smirks* So you're saying there's a chance... :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Glitter Character Artist

I've been really wanting to get Alfred in game -- I hope we can add him into the game in the future. I guess right now he's just too busy with taking care of Bat family XD
    • Like x 11
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Or it could be that DCUO isn't the same as those other MMOs and isn't built the same way.

First MMO I played was Star Wars Galaxies, and one of the more fun little features in the game was that players could sit in chairs and on couches. The game was built with that in mind as players could do that in spaceports, so when player housing and furniture came into the game that feature was extended to those furniture items.

DCUO has never had that feature, even though we have more furniture items that can provide a seat than I remember in SWG. Not having it in DCUO doesn't mean the devs didn't/don't care. At the very least it means it wasn't considered a priority, and just thinking about it a bit, it'd probably be a slight headache (if not outright nightmare) to make sure all body types were able to use seats without serious warping of the character models.

A feature in one MMO isn't going to be a fit with all MMOs, whether it's because the game wasn't built for it or it just doesn't fit in with what the devs had in mind for the game.
    • Like x 4
  12. Grip Committed Player

Keep hope alive, fam
    • Like x 3
  13. Eve YouTuber

If we do get him in the future - you should be the one making the Model!
    • Like x 6
  14. Glitter Character Artist

Yes - that would be amazing!
    • Like x 7
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They don’t care? If you feel that way you can play any of those thousand other games.
    • Like x 2
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Alfred the GOAT

If we get him as an ally, it seems like his combat should be a boxing combo or a shotgun attack. Maybe even a combo to use a bit of both.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Well..... that... and being dead. :(
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    You mean too busy being Dead after being killed by the EEViLLL Bane?? ;) ;)

Heck that would have been great for Halloween.....
    a dead Alfred in a coffin for our Lair. ;)
    or a Zombie Alfred butler pet. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

NOOOOOOOOO! Say it isn’t so!

I thought he was just in jail for a bit after Harley joined the Bat Family! :(

I know nothing of this. How did he die? In jail? Was it from all those years of breathing in fumes from fabric starch and Mop & Glow?
    • Like x 2
  20. Grip Committed Player

*sigh* You guys are leaking Batman stories I may want to read or watch one day. :eek: At least give a reference, fam...