Switching to Rage Tank...help with Loadout and build..(Battle Tank?)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Poveglia201, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Still not worth it even with the block or tap cancelling which I'll be sure gets reported so its acting accordingly like Absorb heat. Remorseless Recovery would serve better healing and utility than Channel Hate any day.
  2. Daitoso0317 Active Player

Unfortunate, thanks for the help tho
    • Like x 1
  3. Mr. Mage New Player

have you even used rage? literally everyone but you have said that rage is completely dependent on artifacts, so far from my gameplay on my fire toons, they're actually in line with other tank powers in terms of offensive capability, also I don't think you know what contradict means either, I've had almost as much hours in ice and earth, both are better at damage by a landslide, none of the other tank powers I've used depend on articfacts as crutches to be up to par
  4. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Agree to disagree I guess :rolleyes: The heals don't matter much in either case and in terms of utility I guess it's a matter of whether or not to engage with Rage Crash, because ultimately the worst enemy of Rage is getting cc'd at a bad time.

So perhaps for OP's sake, let's call things by their name: You want to trivialize rage crash regardless of circumstances? Use Remorseless Recovery, it will minimize the crash damage to nothing more than a slap to the face.
    Alternatively, you want an additional low-cooldown immunity to make sure you hit the rage cancel in bossfights without adds? Put on that empowered channeling mod, use Channel Hate and once it's about time to crash, tap out and immediately hit Eviscerating Chain or Dreadful Blast.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Fire Tank is dependent on Artifacts. Mystic Symbol of the Seven actually brings it back in line to be usable. Ive been a Rage Tank since its launch and its my Main toon. Rage Tanking requires Zero artifacts to survive in content because its Powers are actually balanced in terms for Tanking. I survive much more than most Fire Tanks Ive ran across and again, they require Artifacts, Rage doesnt. Artifacts are suppose to enhance the gameplay, not fix them but it fixes Fire. DPS is a different beast and even most Rage DPS I lean on Pale Rage for that. I certainly have the melee and range loadouts I use and will always suggest but for best loadouts in DPS, Pale would know more.

Absolutely and if folks use it and it works, it works. But its not optimal. To be effective with Channel Hate requires a Mod where in your example, I just pop Ire, get 3 secs of immunity and hit E Chain. RRecovery was certainly a suggestion opposite of Channel hate as again, it doesnt require a Mod to be effective. Its more passive and doesnt do damage but if you want to do damage, Galling Eruption is still a better option than Channel Hate. Again, if it works, it works. Im glad to hear not everyone is using cookie cutter builds but Channel hate usefulness in Tanking is minimal where there are better options.
  6. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Well I mean what mod does a tank really need anyway~ baby heal every 12 seconds upon popping a shield? 2% more damage? I don't know... I keep insisting on Channel Hate because for one I think it can be a great help for learning the crash timing, as in context we're trying to help somebody who is about to learn it to begin with. I know I might have been hyped about this power when I first switched to rage, instead of just running with the loadout I've been told. But it is what it is, hindsight is 20-20.
    And secondly, it just can be really handy to have that immunity for yourself and keep the group immunity for mechanics where you can help the group.

I'll admit it's all fairly situational and Remorseless Recovery probably has a much more universal use, even though I personally don't quite care for it trivializing the thrill of Rage's one mechanic :p
  7. Mr. Mage New Player

I think you're getting rage and fire mixed up, as of recent, I'm lvl 20 on my fire villian toon and rage is a wet match in a dark cave compared to fire, if you can't tell the difference between fireblast and virtually every non SC rage power then idk what else to tell you[/quote]