How Is This Even Possible? Random Instant Death To A Meteor While Afk In The Hol

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sindara, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Sindara New Player

As per the title, I was AFK in the HoL, tabbed out, came back to find myself dead to a Meteor without having accepted a duel and I was not in PvP mode.

[IMG]

There were no chat messages about entering or leaving duels or being defeated by anyone as would be normal in a duel. There were no chat messages about entering or leaving PvP mode.

So how is this even possible?

Some kind of glitch or an exploit used against me by another player?

Anyone had this happen to them?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There is no PvP mode in HoL so likely an exploit.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not to mention it killed her with 3200 damage. 'Bug' girl indeed.....splat.
  4. Sindara New Player

I had a feeling that was the case as I tried toggling PvP mode on and off a few times after this happened to me, to check if that was the cause, and nothing happened. I am still fairly new (only been playing 2 months) so wasn't sure.

Thanks for answering :)
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Meteor's Meteor... lol
  6. Sindara New Player

lol - well it's an alt and only level 21 so that's actually all of her health.
  7. Sindara New Player

I guess it called it that because there was no player involved due to it being a glitch / exploit of some kind. Unless the player happened to be called Meteor as well, lol
  8. Sindara New Player

I don't think so. Mostly because when I found myself dead there was a player positioned right up my butt doing the fistpump emote so that it looked like he was ... well, you know. Was a really gross experience to be honest. Just wanted to get some idea how this can be done to you in the 'safety' of the HoL while you're AFK.
  9. Eve YouTuber

Yeah that is terrible. It could be some kind of exploit players are abusing - and hopefully will be taken care of.
    Not the same a GOD Mode, because a Dev gave it to me while spawning bosses during my stream, so the link above doesn't apply to this situation. Good think you brought this up, I hope you made a ticket too.
    • Like x 1
  10. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

I hope this was another server other than USPS as I have "Meteor" on USPS and it wasn't me.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sindara New Player

US PC - not sure that 'Meteor' in this case was actually the players name or just the way the glitch / exploit labels the attacker if the player can't be identified for some reason - like technically I was killed by 'Meteor' - if that makes sense.
  12. Sindara New Player

No because I didn't have a player name, could only press escape while dead and then I respawned at the start of HoL - by the time I got back to the Salvage table area where it happened I had no idea who was involved. Not sure Meteor was the name of the player or just how the game describes what killed me when 'Meteor' is the cause of death and maybe the player cant be identified because of the nature of the exploit. Think it's still worth making a ticket anyway?
  13. Eve YouTuber

Yes, if you mention the time it happened too they could look at this potentially, and even just being aware and fixing the exploit so players can't do it will help.
    • Like x 2
  14. Sindara New Player

Okay will do, thank you for helping :)
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a CR 52 hero named Meteor on the US PS/PC server.
  16. Sindara New Player

Guessing that's the guy a few comments above who said it wasn't him.
  17. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I.... WTF?! That's incredibly bizarre and I cannot think of anything it could possibly be that isn't some kind of glitch or exploit or hack, unless there's some incredibly specific thing I'm just unaware of but doubt it. Especially strange to happen in the HOL. Truly baffling and reminds me of stories I've heard of people hacking games like RDR2 Online to spawn a bunch of really strong bears and stuff on top of people.
    • Like x 2
  18. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

It's a bug like the seed pods out by the poison ivy mission. Smashing a seed pod over a player lower level than 20 can kill them.(This bug has been reported I'm sure and still exist to this day) This can be tested outside the North burnley nightclub.

The meteor is a bit different because you would have to be standing still next to a wall for it to actually occur. The meteor/Ice boulder can stop in it's tracks when rolled towards a wall and explode after 2-3 secs. It's not guaranteed to happen but when it does it's quite hilarious seeing so many bodies get sent flying.
    • Like x 1
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Was this last night / early this morning? I saw someone asking in LFG last night (or maybe very, very early this morning) about how they could be killed in HoL by a meteor, when they weren't in PvP mode or dueling.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sindara New Player

Yep, that was me :D
    • Like x 1