[idea] Powerset Animation Packs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

In stead of getting a new power, why not allow us to upgrade to a variant set of animations for current powers?

- Green Fire (Fire)
    - Cybernetic Munitions (Cyborg)
    - Variants of the Lantern Corps (Sapphires, Orange, Indigo, etc.)
    - Black Ice
    - Blue Electricity (Black Lightning)

Just a few ideas, pls leave your suggestions and tell me what you think!
    • Like x 32
  2. Gravedigger Active Player

Got my vote. Others I would want:

•Pirate Era munitions pack
    •Blue Fire
    •Red Water
    •Hallowed Earth (darker black/grey color, mixed with bone etc, like you are using earth from a graveyard)
    • Like x 6
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Crown of Thorns reskin for Nature with Sea Creature transformations (Crown of Thorns Golem = Insectoid, Trench Creature = Primal Wolf, Barnacle Golem = Gorilla, Brine Hatchling = Canine).
    • Like x 8
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

A few other possibilities:

• White Quantum / "Magnetism" (Cosmic Boy powers are essentially this, with some of the quantum projectiles being iron spheres instead)
    • Orange Water / "Lava"
    • Purple Fire
    • Gold and Teal Sorcery / "Atlantean Sorcery" (Silent School mobs use this. Guardian could become a coral golem, Fury could become that fat barnacle monster, and Watcher..... could become a blue eye...)
    • Bright Blue Celestial / "Holy" (Holy magic in games, that I've played at least, are usually pure white or bright blue)
    • Like x 6
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Atomic in green and black instead of orange and yellow.
    • Like x 9
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Wow, these are all really good suggestions I hadn't even considered. Keep them coming!
    • Like x 4
  7. Tros Well-Known Player

Cool
    • Like x 2
  8. Tros Well-Known Player

Wow those ideas rock!
    • Like x 2
  9. Dene Devoted Player

I love this!

Allowing us to re-colour is great but going even further.. same names for powers and same action (to ensure balance) but different shapes - imagine a blue square flux in electric.. or a swirl of green fire as the finisher in fire etc

Like Lorax said.. a pirate muntions, imagine that with an SC that is cannonballs etc
    • Like x 3
  10. Eve YouTuber

I love that. I want Blue fire animations. And Purple fire.
    • Like x 5
  11. Raven Roth Committed Player

Spectral Cursed Celestial - Spectre and his mobs use this
    Gold and blue Blessed Celestial - Dr Fate
    Astral/Starry Blessed Celestial - Amazons, Donna Troy, WW, Avatar of Magic
    Black and white Cursed Celestial
    Source Energy Blessed Celestial - Giganta, Perpetua, Source Infused Lex
    Sin Energy Cursed Celestial - Sons of Trigon, Trigon
    • Like x 5
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Lol there was a huge thread on this back in the day so you remember ? It got pretty heated when atomic was being introduced
    • Like x 2
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Oh I’d love a source energy atomic…

Also a grey/black or Smokey mental give ther shadow look
    • Like x 3
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

Oh I remember lol. I was on the green side. Still love Atomic and has been my main since it dropped but I really would rather it be green
    • Like x 1
  15. CantLoginWithPS Active Player

Maybe water could get retextured to be mud? Actual mud, not just "brown water".
    • Like x 3
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I was on the orange, and same I’m still using it.
    • Like x 2
  17. The Anxient Loyal Player

When they advertised it as a tank who had to stay active to survive I was hooked. I learned to tank in the turtle tank era. Atomic was a blast. I do miss the pre-revamp atomic era
    • Like x 1
  18. Jaelia Committed Player

Agree +1 need sapphire powers
    • Like x 7
  19. CantLoginWithPS Active Player

I think ice could be used to make sand as an alternate power.

Some of the ice moves look windy already, the ice chunks and boulders could be changed into sand projectiles. Wintry Tempest could become some sand field with sand spikes sprouting in and out. Snow Devil could become just a sand tornado pet.
    • Like x 4
  20. FaithfulJudgeDC New Player

Beautifully put Mr. Iconic my dear brother these would be wonderful additions to our dcuo community.
    • Like x 1