Tier 6 Omnipotent Source Marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, Aug 20, 2023.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Patchwork to Doom Metropolis Tier 6 Omnipotent resources require source marks but the amount you need to obtain is still high. If it’s just to increase your CR, you can just obtain a higher CR from Dakota City. For example I’m CR 384 I’m just one number shy from 385. My neck piece is cr 323. I have enough to get neck piece worth 30 Meta Clinic ID which is a 355 cr. Meanwhile my omnipotent neck piece (cosmic shaper is rank 28 and cr 325. I just waisted 146 source marks and couldn’t even level it up lol

In Patchwork Themyscira you need 500 Stygian Water for the omnipotent resources, problem is you have to do the bounties for it and Hydra is a no go due to how that boss works so you’re stuck with one less bounty meaning one less way to obtain Empyrean, of course you can just use 100 source marks to trade it for 200 Empyream Arthur. Point is, where I’m sitting at, none of these low tier omnipotent gears do anything for my cr when I can obtain a better rank with less resources to spend.
    Spark of the Skyland has such a low drop rate and the only instance it drops is in the raid. And the sheer amount you need for it doesn’t justify it in current time.

Static Omnipotent Goggles is at rank 23 and 293 cr. I can simply just buy a Dakota City vendor face mask gear and it’ll be way higher than what I currently have and that’s a 332 face mask. I can spend better resources and time doing something than can have me achieve more than just one item. Seems like I probably won’t complete them any time soon if any.
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Aside from that Athena Omnipotent helmet is the only one I’m interested in solely for the style.
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Can’t you put the helmet on with out leveling it ? I have the static goggles on and never leveled it past green
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

No, I have to fully unlock it to be able to obtain the style.
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Dang so this musta been right before they started to allow you to consume the style with out leveling it

I feel like that should go back and let us equip
    These pieces just for the style and then we can level it for the feats
  6. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

The best way is to just keep farming the Wonderverse open bounties and run the Wonderverse solo (for catalysts like New Genesis Seeds). I suggest leveling up both of your Wonderverse adaptive augments as at higher levels you'll receive more marks from the bounties and content. More people should be running the bounties during the first few days after reset during the week. Also remember that old omnipotence catalysts (the ones you can only buy from vendor) aren't tradeable so you have to get it on the toon you intend to use it for.
    • Like x 1
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'm in the same boat. I can't finish ranking up the Wonderverse or the Long Live the Legion OP pieces, because the catalysts only drop in the On Duty instances, and DCUO's RNG has a love/hate relationship with me. Mostly hate.
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I'm not sure where the CR increase factors in. The reason to obtain and level up any OP piece except the most recent 3 is to get either A) the feat B) the style or C) both. If CR is your goal, old OP stuff isn't a good way to go. Even most drop pieces are better than a 4 episode old OP piece.

This is how it has always been since they've introduce 'buildable' OP gear vs the drops. The difference is that you CAN spend source marks on the ones from older content. On the new 'active' ones, you can only get with drops or the episode currency. You are actually much better off working on the older OP gear after the fact IF you can get over the CR loss. The OP components cost less in the broker (up to a point), any 2nd currency involved can be obtained by source conversion vs spamming and endless loot in EEG means you could run and re run to collect components. I know Canary Crys and new gen seeds were way easier to farm once they hit EEG as the drop rates were bad when current, but the runs are quick for spamming.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

New Gen seeds drop in the solo. The solo takes 3 min. I'd guess you will get one at least every other run, so you can get about 10 an hour if you spam. Skylands are a bit worse, but pretty cheap in the broker, especially the week we had the spotlight. Always look in the broker for components if a spotlight week is on.

You can get lucky in an omni box as well. I've had 7 or 8 goggles crystals in them before. But that's dumb luck...but you can also buy those for source. Not sure if the new gen seeds or sparks are available for source....haven't checked.

Guess I know what I'm putting up in the broker tonight.;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think most of the newer ones have the regualr style you can get just putting on the base piece, then an 'enhanced' version that is granted via the grant menu when you max the level. You will also get the grant if you buy the feat on an alt to reduce the vendor item prices.
    • Like x 1
  11. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yeah, they're not available for marks. :(

And the drop rate is so terrible, I haven't gotten a New Genesis Seed or a Faraday Cage in months. I've just resigned myself to not getting those feats, even though they seemed like easy ones at first.
    • Like x 1
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yes, you can get the style immediately, not like the Wonderverse and earlier OP pieces that require you to max them out before you can equip them. I didn't know about the Enhanced version, but I haven't maxed out any of my OP pieces yet.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seriously? Are you running the WV solo? I'd pull one out just about every other run, if not higher like 2 out of 3. Cages are still iffy in the alert, but I think I'd get one every run of COU.
  14. Vella Well-Known Player

Any OP Item from Doom DC down you are ranking it up for the feat. The back from Death Metal would still be usable for support this episode. OP items are good for 3 episodes (4 for support roles).
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

For a couple of weeks, I was running all four of them daily. Granted, I haven't run them in about a month, mainly because I was sort of taking a break until STU started. Maybe when STU ends, and I'm not running multiple toons every day, I'll try again. I'm not going to worry too much if I can't get them, though. It's just for the feats, and that's not that huge of a priority for me.
    • Like x 1
  16. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I find that the easiest way to grind anything is through the broker. Considering that everything does drop from Omnibus, along with the weekly reward box loot, chances are you'll be able to find them on the broker, especially the first few days after reset. It took me a while to finish old OP gear as well (probably at least a year checking for good prices on the broker), but it is doable. As with a lot of things, it's probably easier to grind money then to grind the actual drops.

As for source mark costs, most players tend to build up an excess of source marks over time, so this is also a time thing. Even at current content, it can take months to finish the current OP item, so I do see even the old OP pieces as a time investment.

Also, if you're on USPS, I might be about to just send you some. I think getting the catalysts is mostly a matter of running Omnibus and checking the broker, consistently over time.
    • Like x 3
  17. Eve YouTuber

I remember grinding for this one. They should make an enhanced version, perhaps add it as a free early version for everyone then the non-enhanced stays the final reward. In my previous league my league leader helped me out with finishing the grind. Ever since I pretty much style unlock it everywhere. It shows hair and I'm forever grateful for Megzilla for it. But yeah, either friends or broker. That is probably the fastest way. I am assuming you are on US, or I would give you the catalysts I have. :(
    • Like x 1