The New Normal?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Aug 15, 2023.

1. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

And if they are still not working in the office anymore and working from
    Home, the productivity more thank likely went down. Studies from Stanford recently showed most companies where their staff either all work at home or some work from home, have about a 10-20% loss in productivity.

I read a week or so ago that it’s believed the staff is mostly work from home still. If it is that can explain some things. If not then I’m gonna guess they have less staff than ever, although I thought they said everyone who was working on the marvel game got transferred to the dcuo team. So I feel like the staff would be larger.
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I do agree that they were two of the better raids, I think they could probably do without the puzzles though, they just routinely make content a PUG hell scape.

The raving mad feat was also a PoS so none of that if we can help it, I don't think having just the one raid is helpful for overall difficulty balancing so I think there's going to be a community choke point there where having 2 raids helps alleviate the pressure of people asking for an easier one and those needing or desiring a hard one, but yea.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I did call it a week or so ago in that other thread, even called the month right, it was so transparently obvious it wasn't funny lol.

As for whether its acceptable, probably it is given how frequently other MMO's release content, is it satisfactory from at least this players perspective, no, not really. I'd obviously prefer more content, especially if the DLC's are only getting 1 raid, solo and alert each time.
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The 12 month calendar year shouldn’t be used to measure frequency of episodes. That’s just weird.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ok so how about by week?
    [IMG]
    See how stagnant it looks towards the end?
    • Like x 1
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Pretty sure they're making it up as we go along.
  7. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

Quality over quantity? We are not getting either. And next year I’m sure DCUO will go through another batch of devs. STTS started out being released to soon. The STU event was just old missions updated and they’re messed up. 2 emotes and 3 new gear pieces. Get used to low quality with new devs. No one is in charge to set a clear direction. They ask for our ideas in the forum’s, that just misdirection. Nothing is ever added. My game on Xbox 1 disconnects once an hour, for no reason at all. It will be worst once they update for nex gen consoles of Xbox 1 and PlayStation. The game is ridiculous and embarrassing.
    • Like x 2
  8. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

The 'study' most secondary articles are citing is a working paper at this point, not a peer-reviewed study. It is more complex than just a basic plus/minus assessment of WFH - for example it looks at environmental issues that might impact on productivity. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kqbngD8pemqxAkZmWCOQ32Yk6PXK9eVA/view

Pre-pandemic most studies were finding WFH was a net gain. Poorly supported or hastily cobbled together arrangements (hello, pandemic?) may play a part in the more recent draft findings.
    • Like x 1
  9. zNot Loyal Player

Isnt it weird how as soon as the devs started working from Home the content quality and quantitiy went down the drain i mainly refer to those who are responsible for creating instance based mechanics,bosses,maps (actually they are mostly resused anyway). We are waiting 6 months for mini episodes and its 2023. a couple of spots missing doesnt explain the lack of many things and this has been going on for a few years i highly doubt that they will improve untill they start working in the Office again and have someone check them on a daily basis what they did the entire day.

6 months for a episode? Sure quality over quantity right? Its twice as long as back then but hey lets give them more time,and then another low quality episode emerges this shows that theres clearly some devs who are lacking the amount of complaints about this topic has not been resolved and its always the same/similar complaints i expect them to take care of these issues i think the community has been generous despite what we have been serves as episodes for the past years that take 6 months and are lower quality then 3 month episodes in the past.
    • Like x 2
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is actually normal and happened around 6 months after the next-gen release for many other online games.
    Also, it was on the dev's calendar for 3 YEARS. It's fine and understandable it took them longer than initially anticipated, but that's not an excuse for such a low frequency of content. What IS however a valid excuse for the lack of content is the lack of developing staff of their ability to keep the newly acquired staff to stick around.
    • Like x 1
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

There ya go. Much more accurate.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What's funny is RWC was 8 weeks, and it had 2 duos, a decent alert with a new map (maybe?...was that a 1-30 map reused?) and a raid with a new map and some amount of challenge (elite 2nd boss especially). Granted it did have the hated 'kill x adds this week', but it sure felt like more effort went into it...and it was only 'current' for 8 weeks.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was also originally supposed to be a "major event" like the Starro event before it but they converted it into an episode. The first half of the alert looks like a recycled section of police station and the second half is the bat cave arena.
    • Like x 1
  14. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

My hope is that due to staffing issues and the list of bad debt items needing to be done the new content took a backseat. Now that it is over we get maybe 3-4 quality releases a year. I could care less about Emotes. Allies are nice but how many can we have (also when we getting a Lantern one?!?)

I don't want to see another grind 100 times for this open world boss BS, for me I get burned out from the game and go away for a time. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I do miss those Tribology of storylines (Amazon Fury/War of Light) to where the game was connected with a story. I still wonder with Gunn taking over everything DC, if somehow we will get that in the coming years.
    • Like x 1
  15. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

OMG, I love that graphic!
    • Like x 1
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bump
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

I don't think they have recovered from losing half their development team last year. I just checked their Careers page, they are still looking for a Creative Director and Lead Designer.

Mepps confirmed they have the staff, I think either late last year or early this year. But I feel that playing catch up, learning, and of course, trying to follow any schedule that is required. (Cross promotion, like Blue Beetle launching with the movie yesterday as an example.) It's been hell on them.

I'm not pleased that we are only getting 2 DLCs this year. I do feel that they should do some sort of update to Save the Universe and do like they did at launch. Make it last longer and be actual progression. Right now, the drive to farm it has been low. A lot of people had marks already and some of the content was already Save the Universe before (TD, as an example.), there is nothing but the feat counters. It's a lot different "event" than the seasonal ones.

With all said and done, I was hoping that this year they would have caught up, but it's obvious that they were too far behind and the native clients needed to be done.

I don't think this is the new normal, but it could easily become it.
    • Like x 5
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

New normal??
    Let's hope not.

2 DLCs is not enough.

Even with the Save the Universe Event..... Save the Universe is not enough to make up for a DLC.
    It is a nice distraction.... but not enough content..... and certainly not enough new rewards.

People have been ready for a new DLC at least for a month now.
    By the time we get the next DLC in October.... people will be starving for new content.... even worse if we get it end of October. :(
  19. Vella Well-Known Player

If the Devs don't have any plans on working on a client for the Switch 2 they might as well let Switch players move their accounts and close the servers. Also I believe Xbox has the smallest population? Just because the Switch isn't the largest server, doesn’t mean it shouldn't get updated when new hardware comes out.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it's at the cost of development on the servers that arguably pay the bills, yes...that's exactly what it means. I'd love the switch community to be bigger and viable, but facts are, it's not. If the US PC/PS servers shut down, the rest would go with them, and while I'd expect a switch 2 client at some point, seeing as they are NOW just getting to it for PS5 and newest Xbox, I'd think Switch 2 would need to wait a while as well. Unless it's so straight forward that no additional dev time is needed...but I doubt that.