Remove the mob packs at the rallying point for the TD alert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Aug 17, 2023.

1. spikeat Well-Known Player

The flag is on a timer once you hit the cog, it's not from a group you've skipped. When it was first released, the adds were a lot harder. We used to clear all 3 areas before we captured all 3 flags in order to beat the timer.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tolly Committed Player

You're forgetting about the mobs that several members of the group have aggro'd and that while you're dealing with the boss they pile up in front of the boss arena and that you have to clear once the boss is finished ^^.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen a dead player stuck there because no one wanted to take the time to clean up the area's adds, and sometimes we even carry on without him.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If it causes my death, I won't have hit the cog, so someone else will have to and will have to fight the adds in that spot anyway...so in the end, no time saved. by leaving them there.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    If only the AI in this game was that smart. Remember, these are the same adds when you are 10 feet away beating their leader down and raising an enemy flag right next to them, as long as you don't get a tiny bit closer, or throw a shot their way....will let it slide.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Not when I shield, hit the cog and abandon you to your fate to spawn and escape, I won't be fighting your adds :p
    • Like x 1
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I had a group today that, at the gazebo(?) started the In-somethingorother Statue while I was still outside dealing with the adds they'd dragged into me. I just went, "Okay," and stopped fighting and let the adds knock me out. Then I waited at the rally point until someone picked up the shield, and activated the statue. Thanks for the idea! :D
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Best thing to do if you've been locked out honestly.
    • Like x 1
  8. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

9. Proxystar #Perception

Because it's one of those moments where you think you're being smart then fail, so it's funny, so I'd just be furthering the laughs.

10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I knew you were a coward.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, when people are dragging the whole map, I'll just make sure to be behind the statue, grab the cog, then take the KO and flee. Drops agro and moves you where you wanted to go anyway. Let them fight the adds...I'm talking to WW and getting ready to finish.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Reverse Psychology doesn't work on me, enjoy your adds :D
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Generally I'd have them dead before it ever became an issue....so don't worry...I'll pick my teeth with their bones.

Or I'll just not respawn till they agro on you, then take off after they give chase. That's always a viable option.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Either way, good times will be had.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Dy-NO-MITE!
    • Like x 1
  16. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Just kill them. Done deal.

You only need to knockout the flag ads, first boss, second boss, last room ads, and last boss to win the battle. But there are some ads that are in need of being ko’d as well.
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Just wait there comfortably I will solo the rest for you
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yesterday was awesome for TD. Out of four runs, two groups actually fought the adds as we came across them. Of the two that tried to bypass them, one was so bad at it that we wound up with every add we bypassed jumping us after each boss (yes, even after the WW/Circe battle). That run took longer than any of the other three.

To be fair, I think the group I was tanking would rather have skipped the adds. But I just thought, "Well, I'm the tank. I'll decide who I fight." By the time we'd gotten to the rally point, I think everyone had resigned themselves to the fact by the time we finished one group, the tank was already aggroing the next group. :D

Oh, and that was the first group I've tanked in a long time that actually waited for the tank to hit the boss before jumping in.
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, as tank you get to pretty much control it unless the others like dying a lot. I actually jumped into a run where they were stuck at the trio last night, I got to the gazebo and typed 'just a second' as I was going to add an extra shield....they jumped...they almost died, but I made it in the door at the last second.

And yeah, if I'm tank, I'll agro the adds I'd want cleared. If they agro the rest of the map...well, 'shouldn't run ahead of the tank' is something everyone must learn in time.
    • Like x 1
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't mind skipping adds, but one side is easy to skip the other side is bit of a pain, too many corners..