DCUO Development Update - August 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 15, 2023.

1. SilkyPawz Bunny

Hi Mepps,

Since only 1 raid can we ever like have a 16 man raid??? we did have a 6 man SM. yes , no , maybe :D
  2. SilkyPawz Bunny

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

No Survival Mode this year is a big disappointment. For 2024 please consider a STU-like SM if you don't have resources for a new one. It would be nice for lots of us that never had the chance to run the old 8 person SM to run it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aren Sul Committed Player

His passing hit me hard, so I'm really happy we get to hear him again even if it's one last time.
  5. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Nws, we will get new time capsule, res and regural, booster bundle, meta allies and artifacts till new dlc so you can farm enough or just simply buy them from MP.
    New dlc raid will be House of Mystery backward, last boss in the Cosmic room. Ohh and e+ version ofc. 4 new levels of FOA (event, reg, e, e+) , oh I mean new JLDC raid sry. So no room for complaining.
  6. PandoraLaBella Well-Known Player

This makes me happy AND sad at the same time. But at least he has a huge legacy as the best Batman ever.
  7. PandoraLaBella Well-Known Player

I hope we get back Halls of Hades, Coast City and Ferris Aircraft when you're done with the next gen stuff. I need those feats...
    • Like x 1
  8. DarkMastery Active Player

I'm curious I look forward to seeing what's in store for us.
  9. Kebapbox New Player

Sounds great! However, why is the focus always on new content? Why don't you guys finally bring back Halls of Hades / Coast city :/ ?
    Can we expect these to return so we are actually able to chase the achievements for both PS4 and PS5?
    Best regards
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's great and all, but what are you doing for PC PLAYERS? Sinceriously, we were already left out when Xbox One and PS4 players got a higher level of Texture Resolution, bumped up to High while PC Players are still stuck at either Low or Normal/Medium. And now console players will get another performance bump!

Meanwhile, I'm playing on a 2023 gaming laptop running a top of the line 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13980HX CPU and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop CPU, and I'm stuck with the game still running at the same level of detail it was running at in 2011 and 2012! It's not right!

TLDR; Time to re-enable the High Texture Resolution feature for PC Players! And maybe add in a new Even Higher Resolution! ;):p
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, PC needs a bit of love, some times it feels like the PC client is a bad PS3 port.

How about a full screen borderless window mode as well. :)
    • Like x 3
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Yes please! I always wanted that for years :)
    • Like x 2
  13. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I agree.We PC player need to be heard TOO not just console side...The graphics is a big portion of the game that made me loose interest in the game and it's sorely needed to be upgraded for us too!
    • Like x 3
  14. Gerry Well-Known Player

I have a question about combat pets with the introduction of super dog krypto I was wondering if the jokers hyenas would be added to the game
    • Like x 1
  15. Whoru Level 30

U just said my problem there are 2 raids in one whole year with no new content noone cares about Time capsules,res capsule, booster bundle and allies i was complaining about no content
    • Like x 1
  16. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

Is the new Justice League Dark Cursed an old re-skin of the last JLD? And if it is, was this DLC made with the old devs and just sitting on the shelf until now? Just a little tweaking of the combat ratings. Just curious, my mind tends to wonder between DLC’s. And since the last couple or three have been so so.
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm glad we'll have him for one more go.

I'll also use this to point out the lead/development time for an episode. He died in November of last year and the episode was already written/planned to the point of recording NINE months (or more) ago. The staffing issue that came to a head early last year seems more or less resolved now but that doesn't magically translate into fully fleshed out release schedules right this minute. I've no doubt we'll start getting more content, as long as it stays on an even keel, but this is why things are still feeling a little sluggish.
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm glad we get to have Kevin a Batman for one more go.

What I want to see most as we move slowly forward are characters we haven't seen in game yet.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tolly Committed Player

I'll mainly be remembering what he said, with of course, in addition to the information indicating "2 more major announcements to come" in the hope that it will be more enticing than an emote announcement like last year. I hope that Vol will be included in the improvements to gameplay, which I find far too penalised in terms of mobility in the face of danger, as well as by the malus of the super-movement in flight during combat, which too often pushes the player into a corner, unbeknownst to the player...
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

It would be nice to see some sort of tribute to him in the game, somehow, some way. He played Batman in numerous productions, including DCUO, for 30 years, longer than any other actor. That is an incredible achievement, and deserves commemoration in the game somehow, some way. I'll leave it to our Dev Team to figure out the most appropriate way to do that, hopefully coinciding with Batman's 85th Birthday next year. :)
    • Like x 2