DCUO Development Update - August 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 15, 2023.

1. Elysiann New Player

One EP and the announcement of new console clients is the entire Dev Update? By “Holiday Season” and it being in Q4 I am assuming December, so, gameplay wise, (you know, the whole beating heart of the game… not the MTX and P2W nonstop flood) between April (STTS) and next year, it’s just STU, rinse and repeat seasonals and then 1 episode?

I mean… welp.

Really hope the new JLD EP is truly something special. I think the appropriate term would be DEFCON2. Let’s hope JLD2 doesn’t kick the chair out from under a lot of players. I think most of their will’s to play are barely hanging on.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jcal Dedicated Player

Is it time for Lasso Arm and Corruption goo everywhere?
    • Like x 7
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They could add a statue of Batman from Earth 12 somewhere in Gotham??
    • Like x 3
  4. CJG335 New Player

Will we be seeing any information on the next Booster Bundle or Survival Mode for the next coming months?
  5. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

ps5 and xbox everytime i see an updated its only for those 2 what is with pc?
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

As far as we know.... no Survival Mode this year.

For the Booster Bundle.... we will have to wait and see.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

PC gets all updates.
    • Like x 5
  8. Raven Roth Committed Player

Threat to all magic
    Jld sequel
    WW being involved
    Hecate being involved

does this have something to do with The Upside Down Man? o_O
    • Like x 4
  9. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Great job and thank you Devs. I know you will hear from some about the faults with this announcement, but it shows our game is not going away soon like some believed it would. To me it also shows a brighter horizon in our future, especially once your staff is up to full strength. I look forward to the challenges of this next and future episodes.

RIP Kevin Conroy - you were one of the best Batmans every!!!

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 4
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I like that you guys were able to get him one last time and might have a few thing I’m the archives with him. I think that’s great

However at the risk of sounding cold hearted (which I’m not) I feel like after this it is time to move on and recast Batman.

With Mark Hamil (spelling) never returning to the role, and sadly Kevin’s passing. I feel like it’s time to recast them both in a future dlc.

We haven’t had new joker content in years. ( the riddler dlc also had archived joker voice overs I believe) I love marks version but he isn’t the end all be all for me. So I say let’s get some joker content out there with two fresh voices. Or semi fresh.

I really like the way the guy voiced the Batman who laughs that could easily fit with joker if toned down a little since it basically is the joker, also the guy who plays flash point Batman (Thomas Wayne) if he made a slight tweak to his Batman voice he could be the next Batman (Bruce)

I know some will be completely against it but we really shouldn’t just have no more Batman and joker content because of this.

Lastly can we finally get a joker ally ?
    • Like x 1
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'm hoping a huge House of Mystery in the open world, like Arkham Asylum but bigger. Being able to look into the windows and seeing different bizarre things.

What would be hilarious would be seeing people fighting ghosts inside and realizing it'a a recreation of stuff we did during the Fellowship of the Arcane raid.
    • Like x 2
  12. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

It's amazing you got a final performance outta Kevin Conroy for this and especially because it's JLD themed, but this is a terrible update in every other respect.

We're down to two episodes this year? Totalling two raids, two alerts, a duo and a solo. I know that every dev update says 'plans can change' but this is ridiculous. There's no way you can possibly spin this as a positive for the community or the game as a whole.

The ever delayed next-gen update which is still just as vague as ever. What will this actually do? We've heard about this for like the last 5/6 dev updates and I still don't really know what were going to get other than 'optimisation'.
    • Like x 1
  13. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

This makes me happy and so sad at the same time. I'm glad to get more Kevin Conroy, but so sad there will be no more, ever. :(
    • Like x 2
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Okay it will be hilarious and creepy if we got a upside down man hanging from the ceiling as a base item lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Hi Mepps,

Appreciate the update, you mention Gotham Cemetery, so question, does that mean we're getting more content out in the classic open world environments, i.e. the Gotham Cemetery over by Arkham Island or is this going to be it's own instance? Assuming the latter but thought I'd ask anyway.

Bit disappointed that we're only getting one raid though, as it always puts pressure on difficulty and content longevity, if there is only one raid are we also getting a bounty rotation on this one like the Shock DLC?

Thanks.
    • Like x 6
  16. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

I really hope that once the next Gen clients are done, we will get more than two DLC a year of new content. I miss the old days of getting new content around once a quarter.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

I wish there is a revamped PS5 experience, similar way to the PS4 update with minor updated graphics and tutorial and so on.
    Also anything abilites, powersets or iconic powers would be awesome but thats asking too much I guess.
    • Like x 2
  18. Popeyes Active Player

True
  19. xGMZen Well-Known Player

I am grateful for the update, though as a casual player, I understand there are more important subjects than a game. good people matter too.
    I do not know them, But I feel it's appropriate to just give my condolences.
    regardless of circumstances.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are there any customer surveys coming up?
    • Like x 1