(I can't believe I'm requesting this!) More character slots, please!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Spider Jerusalem, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I have been playing since day one, and I have maxed-out with 32 characters. 30 of them have a CR of at least 406. I would definitely buy more character slots if the opportunity arose. Ever since the clamp, my enjoyment of the game has come from creating and designing heroes and villains (I no longer "build" like I used to for obvious reasons).

The chances that we will ever get the opportunity to purchase more character slots seems slim, especially if my situation of being maxed-out is ultra-rare. So, I'm curious, how many of you have the maximum number of characters, and would you purchase more given the opportunity?

And, since every idea here has its critics, what would be the objection to such a proposal?
    • Like x 9
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

I feel you on that. I really want more character slots. Even if It's just 3 more, it will make the difference for me. I sit at 31 cause I don't want to max out when I have so many ideas for OCs. I'm not even sure what the actual reason (from Dev POV) that we can't have more slots but if it doesn't harm anything else, I don't see why we can't have more.

Something I thought about is that we're allowed about 8 bases per character. Plus I use characters for both farming and storytelling.
    This is the *Whole* reason I have my "Power Inc Stories" book on Wattpad. So it gives much more options. I don't want to farm on a new account. I have styles that cost me a lot of money (aka Time Capsules) and sometimes I wish to unlock them with replays on a new character. Like I unlocked the Nightwing TC Collection style for my Metanite from my main.

Also, as I've mentioned briefly in another thread requesting this but I want to elborate more, I don't play on all 31 on the same day for obvious reasions. I seperate my playtime throughout the week. So I get to play which character I want based on what I want to progress or improve next on this character. Most of my characters passed 350CR at this point with about 4 above 400 (including my main).
    • Like x 4
  4. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Yes! I created another account just to flesh out some of my ideas, and while I am having a blast leveling to 30 (I haven't done this in years, and a lot has changed!), I just can't justify starting from scratch in acquiring all the styles again when they are all unlocked on my main account.

I bet I spend at least $50 worth of replay badges per character to get the look 'just right.'
    • Like x 2
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If you largely concerned just with creation and not with leveling, why not just keep opening additional free accounts?

Personally, I'm desperate for inventory space, bank space, and auction spaces to be expanded again. They were last expanded eons ago and we've seen quadrupled or more the number of trinkets we otherwise could usefully carry around to play with, as well as all the other catalysts and items, particularly those that don't stack.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tros Well-Known Player

Well i have 27, trying to get all those high end cr for farm ally favor in save the universe, also im going to upgrade slots for 32, prob when i have 32 i will have your feelings
    • Like x 2
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well......:D Couldn't resist.

I don't really have any criticisms or objections to the idea. I've got 21 characters on my account (some actively going through the tiers, some made just for the heck of it and being used as storage) so I fully understand wanting to have/make more characters.

The only thing I'm left wondering is if it might be some kind of database issue, where having anything beyond a certain number of characters might cause issues with the game somehow.
    • Like x 2
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I hit the big 32 a couple of weeks ago, and am having fun with the new character. And I can't let go of a character once I get it past level 30... so yes, more slots please. Or at least the chance to buy them.

32 more would last me another ten years. :p
    • Like x 2
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would buy that for a Dollar. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Because your other accounts do not have all your styles.

I have a PS5 and a PC account..... but.... I do not have the Rebellious Jacket on my PC account.
    Already getting the Superboy Jacket on PS5 was a tall order..... getting it for 2 different accounts?? did not manage to do it..... yet. ;)

Getting all the styles you need for more then one account..... is difficult...... sometimes too difficult.

So getting more then 32 character slots on one account would be appreciated. ;)
    • Like x 3
  11. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

My only guess is that 32 (currently and hopefully not forever) is the "limit" due to premium maxing out at 16. Thus, 32 is double of 16. But, as members I don't think our limits should be based on non-members benefits or lack thereof.

They've been providing a lot of perks and concessions to non-members as a way to get more people playing. I say increasing the number of character slots that members can get would be a nice way of acknowledging those that help pay the bills. Memberships and character slot adding isn't free.
    • Like x 3
  12. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

The game has been around for like what, 12 years now? 32 slots works out to less than 3 new characters per year over that length of time.

32 might have been plenty in 2017. Not so much in 2023.
    • Like x 3
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I tell ya, man. I swore I was done making new characters when I hit 16. that was it. no more.

aaaand. . .these last couple of weeks I went & invented two more! what am I gonna do with another two characters?!!! I could never imagine having so many characters that I reach the cap myself, but I can totally see why & how someone could easily reach the limit.
    so, yeah. upvote from me.
    • Like x 4
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Never say "no more". ;)
    • Like x 3