Can i use PS style buttons on PC?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jasbur, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Jasbur New Player

i'm not really fond of the 1/2/3/4 labels on the buttons and i'm used to the playstation buttons/layout but decided to try the PC version of the game. is there any way to have it toggle to show the playstation buttons or i guess the nintendo buttons instead? or can i like... replace the files with ones of playstation buttons or something else instead to make it display them?
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

When you hook up a controller to your pc, if you use the mouse and keyboard, the icons witch to pc icons, and when you use the controller, the icons automaticaly switch to controller icons, with xbox controller colours.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There isn't a way to show PS icons on PC.
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

By default, it shows the numbers
    [IMG]

When pressing L2 on controller, the powers automatically switch to blue, yellow, red, green, the xbox colours, and only show the first four.

[IMG]

Here's a video showing just how seamless it is:

I have just a regular old PDP Afterglow controller from Walmart. The problem is, that my controller actually doesn't have the xbox colours on it to match the screen, it has the X Triangle O Square ... making The One Who Waits Elite instance real fun if I don't switch back to keyboard.

Like Mepps said, there's no way to get it to show PS only Xbox. Probably because PC and Xbox are both Microsoft.
  5. Zamara Dedicated Player

Plenty of PC games nowadays have this feature, some (if not all) do it through steam's api but it's most likely built in when they're in the earlier development stages and not 12 years later when you got years of code inside the game.
    Specifically for this game i've always thought it's bc of some technical limitation the game itself has.
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Sure, the colors match, but it would be nice to have the actual button prompts, instead of just 1, 2, 3, and 4. I don't think of the buttons as Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. I think of them as A, B, X, and Y. Even the PS symbols would be easier to keep track of than just 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Maybe that could be added to the UI settings? Let the player choose what button icons to use?
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

When I tried the PC version, back in 2013, it didn't natively support controllers, or at least not very well. I think the icons were there, the way they look now, but I had to use a 3rd party overlay to map the gamepad buttons to the keyboard and mouse functions. It was a pleasant surprise when I tried the PC version again last year, and it recognized my XBox One controller right off the bat.
  8. Zamara Dedicated Player

Also idk if it works the same on the regular client or if it even is an intended feature but i play on the steam version and my PS4 controller light changes depending on the character's power just like it does on the PS4 version of the game. Could be a sign that the game does know what controller you have connected or just some code that is there always running in the background.
    • Like x 2
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

The playstation controller changes colour based on your powerset? wow
  10. myandria Item Storage

Yep, it sure does! For example; light green for green lantern and dark green for nature, light blue for Ice an dark blue for water and white for quantum. Basically, the light on the PS controller shows different shades of a color for powersets that seem similar.
    • Like x 2