To the DCUO Team, Artifact Swapping?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 0xDJBx0, Jul 25, 2023.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I don't enjoy trying to get *s to stop being *s.

If you define "fans" as "People who think I'm an * constantly pissing on other people's ideas"....

Sure... Than I'm a "fan".

(and the fact that you're "always here".... isn't something to be proud of)
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Just a crazy idea that's already been suggested: turn Dead King's Scepter and Philosopher's Stone into an actual orbital and supply drop artifact that you can slot in your utility belt like Bottled City Soder. Raise Bottled City Soder max rank to 10, give it a "restores x% supercharge on use". Everyone that doesn't already have those two artifacts (Scepter /Stone) will run to level them up. DI turns another profit. You can all stop bickering. Done.
    • Like x 5
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It's still slightly slower (slightly goes a long way) to bring up inventory menu than the videos I've seen of PC doing it. Also, you are forgetting that we can only really efficiently swap the artifact in the 1st slot of our inventory, where'st PC can point and click at any. That also slows us down tremendously having to cycle to each one individually with D-Pad.

And of course I feel bad for Switch, they got the poo end of the stick but that enforced the point (especially if a merge were to ever happen someday).
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You signature image isn't working again. It just says
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's working for me but Twitter is having issues so that's probably why.
  6. Xibo Loyal Player

Exactly the contrary: More slots for artifacts means less artifacts in your inventory to be swapped.
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

Simply to have the maximum potential from their damage, control, tanking or healing since they don't have another slots to place more artifacts they are "forced" to swapping. They've paid for.
    • Like x 2
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Being very honest, Art Swapping is simply unnecessary. But we're humans and we're always looking for more and we're never satisfied with what we are doing or seeking. A level 200 Artifact can cost like 300-500 dollars and people still spend so much money for that to have even 10 level 200 Artifacts and in my opinion, more slots could be a sort of reward permitting them to use these artifacts reducing Art Swapping since if the game is still alive is thanks to them.
    • Like x 1
  9. Popeyes Active Player

You casuals just love to complain about stuff that takes skill to do hence why literally every content that is hard you casuals complain and cry for a nerf.
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That sounds like something very familiar, something very familiar indeed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That's a rather broad brush to paint everybody with.
    • Like x 4
  12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Opening your inventory like a mad man isnt skill. Thats like me opening my bookbag to get my laptop out. "Look at all the skill I got". Also remember, the Casuals are what keeps the game running. More Casuals in the game that the try hards.
    • Like x 3
  13. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Aaaaand... THAT is why we will always have art-swapping.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I don't think I have ever spent any more than the cost of a Seal of Completion or is that a Seal of Preservation? I think it's the Seal of Completion. $10 at most maybe? Full Disclosure I am a member with a yearly subscription so that might have something to do with it.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You would think. But again, as long as there are more arts available than slots than there will always be some level of swapping. If you have 10 arts that have either beneficial stats or passives/actives and 9 slots then players will put 9 in and swap the 10th. The only way to stop this would be with 10 slots. But we don’t need that. We don’t even need 6. People saying this only want to have the same benefits as those who swap without needing to swap. So no. If I choose to not swap than to bad for me. I don’t need those benefits.
    • Like x 2
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Agreed. And I also don't care about art swapping, as long as it doesn't become a sweaty requirement as it has been on my platform (Xbox). Casual swapping (intended) I'm completely fine with. Stacking effects (not intended), I am not okay with. Some folks here seem to have gotten me confused by that.
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

While I wouldn’t say it’s the most skillful thing to do. There is some level of skill involved. I’ve seen many art swap yet not do any more damage because they lose damage while they stop and put the correct artifact in for that they need.
    • Like x 1
  18. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Same...

I gotta figure a part of my yearly membership fee as "artifact building".
    • Like x 2
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I like this idea.

Also, I was thinking more about the 4th slot business... perhaps I might add another suggestion:
    Instead of adding a "4th slot", perhaps certain specific artifacts can be labeled "Utility Artifact", such as Commlink, to be slotted for the effect only.

(Especially since it's being upgraded, it would be really nice to be able to incorporate it into my buff troll loadout permanently without having to swap claw, tetra, and cog.)

One can dream!
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk how it "takes skill" to open your inventory and change an artifact... But like I've said before, consoles can only make best use of swapping via putting 1 artifact in the 1st inventory slot for quick exchange. PC can click or drag any artifact on the fly, we have to cycle over with D-Pad (or whatever button to cycle on other consoles) to each one slowly (even if having to drag it manually to another slot, in which takes 10+ button clicks to navigate).

That makes a HUGE difference.
    • Like x 1