Sooo what's next?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jul 10, 2023.

1. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Could it be that this person will perform the Creative Director duties for both Ever Quest and DCUO? We have a vice president here at my company who is over both Sales and Marketing, two divisions that are separate but work together.

I can see how they would have personnel whose focus would be on one product or the other, but surely there are people who work across all product lines to give their guidance in making both products the best they can be without DCUO being siloed from Ever Quest.

At my company, we have people who may be given responsibility for a particular account but they will lend their expertise to help work on another account because we are all one company with same goal of being the marketing and development partner for our clients.
  2. Eve YouTuber

There was no mention of DCUO there and I never even heard of this website so I'd say we take it with a grain of salt. Usually when they fill positions they also take them down from the Dimensional Ink website.
    • Like x 1
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk but DCUO could DEFINITELY take a few pointers from EverQuest 2 ;)

Content wise, and even "mercenary" (look it up, trust me) wise, etc.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Two different studios. Two different states.
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

So they are not one company? We have Zoom calls with our other divisions out of state or out of country. We are still one company all answerable to the CEO and those under him.

I guess gaming companies are set up differently from marketing companies.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No they are separate companies (studios).
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yoo what a great idea RavNoc! I'm not sure why they didn't think of that when they added allies (I actually thought that was what the ally system was going to be but NOPE)!
    • Like x 3
  8. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

I just want to say thanks for the information. It is greatly appreciated to hear any update on DCUO’s status.
  10. Super Summoner New Player

Crazy EQ2 is still getting expansions.......

It outlasted Final fantasy XI in that department. XI was the most profitable Final fantasy of all-time before WoW players invaded XIV. Both released in 2004, with XI getting PC ports in 2002.

EQ & Champions Online aint shutting down at any point....I am convinced.
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Last I knew, each DLC is MAJOR as well. Chock full of many quests, items, instances, HUGE gorgeous & unique never copy-pasted open world, unique gear for EACH class (power), etc. Enough to last to each episode in which when I used to play were only released once or twice per year.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jcal Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  13. Popeyes Active Player

• Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

One of those 10 days that are left in July...one of those days
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. Great Architect Loyal Player

If you have nothing else to do, then why tell us? I have plenty to do. Why is your experience more important than mine?
  17. Eve YouTuber

Wot?
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

Endless people complain that they have "nothing to do" after they have "finished" an Episode.

It's not true, is it? Not even slightly.

And expecting something to fill that hole is a "you" thing, not a game thing.
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

I guess my point is that... no - I can't relate to that. There's always more to do. I have no idea what that feels like. I'm literally never finished with anything.
    • Like x 1
  20. Eve YouTuber

And that's fine. My point was that I want to hear what's coming next. I don't think that's a bad thing to hear and speculate what is next. As a DC fan, I always want to see which characters and stories they adapt next, what kind of missions or rewards we'll get, etc. To me also seasonals are something to do, it kind of felt like a downtime since, well, devs were quiet aswell.