This has probably been said a 1000 times, but...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vella, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Vella Well-Known Player

Adaptive (Episode) Augments should have a 100% breakthrough rate for all ranks.
    • Like x 12
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

On the Switch…you guys should have 100% breakthroughs for artifacts too. :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Vella Well-Known Player

Yes pls
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yes please. Especially after the rampage I went on after failing 8 times in a row to a 80% breaththrough....
    • Like x 3
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

You don’t count…get outta here XBox, lol. The struggle is real for Switch.
  6. wisetoons Well-Known Player

buy a lottery ticket
  7. myandria Item Storage

The fickle finger of RNG is real on all sides.
    • Like x 1
  8. Vella Well-Known Player

I've been catching up on adaptives cause I've been gone for 2 years, and I had 3 (one each from the current 3 episodes) ready for rank 23 breakthrough. 50%. It took 4 for STTS 3 for IK and 2 for DK. The last one hit. It's 50% at most it should have failed once and hit the second time. Then people get confused as to why I'm only getting prec augs and not healing augs. I got both for every episode up to FP. Looking back, not worth it.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Any of the past adaptive augments only rank up one from each episode for the feats. You do not need them maxed or even equipped to play the actual content.
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

Good advice, rarely do you need both, unless there’s an additive bonus that helps with old elite content. Get the first for the feat, then as it ages work up a second one if you so desire…but 90% of the time, it’s not needed.
  11. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

No kidding. 80% chance of success, burn through 9 or 10 preservation seals. 20% chance of success, breakthrough on the first try! (I had that second one happen last night; it's usually the first scenario)
  12. Vella Well-Known Player

For elite, and elite plus you do. Regular, you don't.
    • Like x 1
  13. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

There is not a snowball's chance in hell those breakthrough percentages are accurate. Something funky is happening in the background for sure.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mike_B Level 30

This right here. Just for ships and giggles, I've tried a breakthrough with a SoP at 10% chance. Never once did it go thru. But I have failed a 90% more times than I can count.
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol thats not how % chances work lol.
    That line of thought is why chance games make $ for the house not the player ;)
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Actually thats exactly how % chances work. This is an incredibly basic concept really and common knowledge.
    It happens to me too, it sucks when it does and i hate it but a 20% chance to fail a decent chance to fail. Also, each time u click is a NEW chance an the previous result has no impact. In your mind (for example) u see 50% chance as u should hit in 2 tries but thats not reality. Its just as likely to fail each time. Your brain just refuses to accept that tho.
  17. Vella Well-Known Player

But but 50 + 50 = 100
    • Like x 1
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Actually, no, you're just assuming that's what I think. I understand how random chance works. That's why I don't gamble IRL. I have no illusions that a 50% chance means that you will automagically succeed on every other try. 1 chance out of 100 doesn't mean if you do it 100 times, you're guaranteed to hit the jackpot once. Statistically speaking, you stand a chance of succeeding, but that's just an average. You can fail all 100 times, or you could get lucky and succeed several times.

I was just pointing out how even if you have a high % chance to succeed, you can get bad rolls and fail every single time because the RNG gods hate you that day. Or if you happened to sacrifice a platinum d20 to the RNG gods, you can succeed on a low chance of success on the first try.
    • Like x 1
  19. myandria Item Storage

True, but that only works for simple addition. RNG uses algorithms and since we don't know which variables are used, the 50+50=100 isn't reliable.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He's being sarcastic.