What's up with the small baseballs in Dakota City?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jcal, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Jcal Dedicated Player

I keep forgetting to ask. Occasionally I'll see them in random spots while tackling my solo missions. They're interactable and pretty cool. So what's the deal? I don't see a feat for them or anything like that. Could it be that someone there at DI is a big Rangers fan, and were they like "THE TEAM IS BACK; I'm going extra today?"

And you know what - a trinket that let you summon contruct baseballs would be neat-o. Or how about a pitching emote?
    • Like x 1
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

There's baseballs? I haven't seen any. Interesting
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Do they look like this?
    [IMG]
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

Miniature versions of that. They are literally construct baseballs. You can walk up to them and pick them up - you get the standard over your head pick up animation, which looks goofy given the size of what you're handling lol - and throw them. They shatter when they hit something.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

They shatter because that’s what happens when a super hero throws a baseball :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

My squad brings the HEAT!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

The mental image of that is fantastic :p
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Could it be this?

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Glowing_Material_Ball
    [IMG]
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

Off-topic: Where did these powerset balls even come from? When I came back to DCUO from my break, these things were already around and I still don't know where people got them from. Glowing Ball, Terrestrial Ball, Mystical Ball, Scorching Ball, etc.

Back on topic, if that's the standard Glowing Ball you linked, it's not that. That's still a fairly large sphere. The balls in Dakota City are smaller than any of our trinkets. Come to think of it... the Winter Seasonal has a "Batman Ball" base item. That's exactly the size, which is to say it's small.
  10. Jcal Dedicated Player

Maybe it's an NPC that's doing this? I'll tell you what... I'm going on a mission tonight, lol. I'm going to find a phase that has these balls up and I'll take a video or pictures.

I'm so dumb. I saw them last night and didn't think to do it then.
  11. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

The answer to your question is on the wiki page in your quote - those came from the vault.
    • Like x 1
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’ve encountered random places filled with light construct baseballs a handful of times over the years. I always assumed it was a dev messing around. No idea really though.
  13. Jaelia Committed Player

Some bang babies became lanterns :)
  14. Random Mind Dedicated Player

What it is is a character with Light powers using Entrap on Gizmo's toy Copters and Blimps, however I'm not sure why they don't shatter after the toys are destroyed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

That's cool.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Jcal Dedicated Player

That's interesting and it makes sense. That would explain why I see these balls in random places. Wish I had a Light character to see for myself. I'll try it with a Mental alt and see if it's the same. In theory, it should be the same - little Thought Bubble spheres rolling around the map, lol.
  17. Jcal Dedicated Player

Bingo! That's it.

Mystery solved!
  18. Jcal Dedicated Player

In conclusion: