tanking query

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ordy, Jul 12, 2023.

1. ordy New Player

so i have just come back after a 2 year break and was wondering, is tanking still all about blocking and countering? never played tank as it seemed a very dull spec but, from what i have seen, there are no tanks.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes blocking, countering, kiting, shielding or healing. Whatever you have to do to keep yourself and the group alive.
    • Like x 1
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

Blocking and Countering are two of your tools - but that doesn't mean that that's all you do all day long. In fact the *only* time you might want to Block is to Counter or on a Skull Attack.

Tanking may sound or appear dull to people that haven't tried it, but it ranges from the intense to the sublime. It's not like DPSing some content where you can basically just phone it in while watching Netflix :) (and the reason you can do that is largely because your Tank can't and doesn't).
  4. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

I am planning to change one of my toons to a tank powerset and I have my eyes on Atomic or Fire. Any suggestions?
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Fire.
    • Like x 1