Time for a 16-24 Man Raid

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MightyHornet, Jul 3, 2023.

1. MightyHornet Well-Known Player

Thank you! I was just thinking of something to mix things up like a grande multi-stage battle. Instead of same old rinse and repeat content drops.
    • Like x 1
  2. MightyHornet Well-Known Player

And let’s be honest. The game can handle it. If waves and bosses arrive in the same fashion as F5 does in Dakota, and also how they do for TTR/E, the game could handle my idea.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kaminuse Active Player

I would prefer a timeable world boss that spawn once a day/week rather than a 24 ppl raid.
    At least ppl can prepare for it.
    Or make a traditional raid that can be done with 8 but more ppl can still qeu into, something like a instanced bounty.
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

i don't think the playerbase can support a 16 person raid yo.

otherwise we wouldn;t have people trying to solo world bosses.
  5. MightyHornet Well-Known Player

It can. Lfg is always shouting for endgame runs. And you can even randomly q for endgame raids
  6. MxOiE Level 30

I’m convinced no one hates this game more than the people who play it 24/7. Every time someone has an idea or suggestion about the game, most of you forum dwellers run to the post to recite the same nonsense. “Small dev team” “crashes” “not possible bro” “Will this make money?” Like damn. Not every post has to be an opportunity to pretend you’re on the Dev team or “live in reality”

On topic though, I love the idea, bro. Game needs something new besides new emotes and cosmetics. People are complaining about queue times as if that’s ever stopped anything from getting ran before.
    • Like x 1
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I'm all for any change. I don't care how little or large.
    Seeing as the devs took the chance with 6 man Survival Mode, heck anything is possible. I do see the coding restrictions, however, since the game has been set up for a max of 8. You never know though, unless you are a dev yourself.

On a personal level, I chose this game as a "retirement" from MMOs as a whole. I used to play many that were 24-man raids over the years, it was nice to dumb it down for my "last MMO". But seeing as the direction of the game keeps trying to bring me back full force, hell with it, why not lol?
    • Like x 1
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Why are you retiring from MMOs? Don't go!
  9. GermanM Committed Player

No, for 2 reasons:

Reason number 1. Sometimes i just want queue without the 8 players because find people is very hard...

Reason number 2. I dont wanna even start to thing how many bugs and problems something like this will bring to us.

Don't get me wrong, i would love see something like this, but the conditions in the game are not the best to do this kind of things.
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I can assure you they are fun. In FF 14 it called an Alliance Raid, 3 teams of 8, and it really is more enjoyable I think than a lot of players who aren’t use to such raids know.

In regards to your Reason Number 1, I too wish DCUO would offer us more solo missions. I will only run the Duos with certain people only. Call it being shy or whatever but I just don’t feel comfortable playing with only 1 other person who I do not know, and I have a fear of being yelled at over something they think I did wrong or if I get KO’d and they have to pick me up. I just don’t really like Duos. At least in an alert there are 2 more people there with me than in a duo, but even there I still prefer to run alerts with at least one other person I know. The negative experiences of my early years playing DCUO left a lasting impression that I have carried with me too my other MMO I play (FF 14).
    • Like x 2
  11. GermanM Committed Player

I would love if they give us that system that allow us use other characters in our account as NPC. That would reduce the queue time a lot.
    • Like x 2