Up-Votes Needed Skin is visible through styles!

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Dachdueb, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Dachdueb New Player

Skin is glitching through multiple styles on DC Universe Online.
    (More accurately: Riddler feet style on Sprite Large Female)
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Would you please take a screenshot and post it in this thread so the Devs can see what is going on?
  3. SupermanJSH New Player

Seen something similar on one of my characters playing on pc the neck glitches and temporarily disappears when using pieces of the shock jock style. I’ve completely uninstalled and reinstalled several times and issue has seemed to return, not sure if I just need to do a clean reinstall of graphics card to then reallocate to Navidia again to see if it will fix or at least help
  4. SupermanJSH New Player

Performed a full uninstall and a repair/reinstall of the game on my pc several times as previously stated and issue still remains
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

There's a number of weird style glitches in the game that happen when you pair up the "wrong" combination of 2 or more styles together. They often do result in parts of your character turning invisible. There are also clipping issues when certain styles are used on certain body types and sizes.

Here's just one example that's happened within the last several months:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sometimes the Devs are able to find the source of the bug and fix it. Sometimes they aren't, or they just deem it to not be worth the effort to fix it.

I hope for your sake that it gets fixed sooner, rather than later.
  6. SupermanJSH New Player

Agreed had the same issue with the same character earlier in the year with same parts of a outfit it was the shock jock one but until now it looked like it had resolved as when I had checked it it seemed to stop issue only affected the one character and not my other characters when I put pieces of same style on them. Had a similar problem several years back with a different style but that resulted in something going wrong with my graphics card and affected my operating system when I was on laptop and not on my pc that I got couple of years back. I did do a scan of the directX and it said some issues were found and fixed hopefully that might be the case unless it’s just a wait and see thing as it isn’t on my end but rather a server issue.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's why I asked for screenshots to be posted. It helps the Devs, but it also helps other players to see if we can duplicate it. The screenshots I posted above were from me testing an "invisible leg" glitch another player was having, to see if it could be duplicated... and I DID duplicate it. This presumably helped the Devs to figure out what was going on.

I'm happy to help out to see if the glitch you have can be duplicated. I just need a bit more info to know what to do.
  8. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

There is also "Shock Jock" legs style that completely removes your characters neck. I brought this one up when Megzilla was around and she let the right people know but it was never fixed. :(
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Damn! Sounds like it's time to bump that old thread!
    • Like x 1
  10. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

It was actually a DM. Like...3 years ago lol but yeah. A lot of styles are ironically glitched for a game that 95% of It's focus is cosmetics.
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, since Megzilla is long gone, time to create a topic for it! ;)
    • Like x 1