FIX THE DROPRATE & BROKER

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LeonidusApollo, Jun 26, 2023.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No no you got it say it like
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

• Like x 2
  3. L T Devoted Player

Usually I buy it and relist it. Frequently lately it not 50% but rather 90%. I've literally sold things for 100M that were listed at 10.
    • Like x 1
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

People have been complaining that the game is "plummeting" and dying and about to die, etc., for ten years now. No evidence is ever offered. Argument by assertion isn't convincing.

There are zero signs the game is "plummeting." Dakota City is crammed with two dozen phases or more.

Complaints are not helped by disprovable assertions or wishful thinking.
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, yeah...you can buy the undercut item. That is a viable option if it's low enough. But if it were that under priced, realistically it would also sell and you'd be back at the lowest priced item again.
    • Like x 2
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well you were good up until you included/compared yourself to me in a competitive standpoint. I'm not competitive with skill points, never have been. People always assume I am. I just always enjoyed getting them until I had to rely on the sweaty toxic players (who are also competitive and refuse to help so I don't have more than them) to get them. Your league has publicly criticized me in chat for not having elite+ feats, and when I asked "so can you help me get them?", you could imagine my request was met with ridicule and deflection.

That is not my idea of a fun environment/community. Hence why I haven't "kept up" or trying much with SP. Not that I want to have "the most" ever again anyway, because all it did was create drama/rumors from haters and overjealous players, and people put me on some kind of "pedestal" I NEVER wanted to be on. Especially from heroes who despised the fact that a villain was doing well or "better than" them (SP doesn't mean as much as sooo many make them out to be). My message requests full of death/hack threats was enough alone to prove that. It wasn't good.

I only log on to do dailies and leave, sometimes chat for a little, never more than an hour a day. This is not only because of burnout and the direction of the game, but also because I have an 8 month old now that is more important (how can I enjoy the game when people are being toxic when I actually can play?). Yet you claimed I'm "always on complaining". So unless I'm always on your mind, I don't see how this could be so.

I have still not heard a legitimate excuse from anyone for why they dislike/refuse to run with me, in which leads me to believe it's the rumors that have formulated over time. I've heard: "you don't arti swap" (I can if I wanted), "you are drunk a lot" (drunk a few times in party chat in the past, as if everyone else wasn't high), "you complain too much" (sure), "you are toxic and over-entitled because you left a reg raid early and I assume you rage quit" (absolutely). That's about it. Idk how that's good reason to not want to group with someone to get content completed. I'd run with my worst enemy to get content completed as long as it gets done. So there has to be other reasons.

The fact I'm always having to explain this, goes to show how deep it's gotten, and this is usually what I'm defending myself about when you catch an already ongoing conversation in-game midway. I normally don't care what people think about me, but when they take it too far and start hampering my ability to join groups, then it's a problem that affects me. I'm not "over-entitled" for merely wanting to enjoy the game like I used to. I also am not just about to quit something I am passionate about, and put a lot of time and money into. I might care *too much*, but that is the reason.

You just don't get it.
    Nor do I expect you to, just attempting to give some perspective (with hopes that you could at least partially understand the frustration). I seem to stay always doing that.
    Take it however you want, and I hope you have a great day.

As for the OP, I actually thought this post was about the horrible drop rates in the capsules :/
    (Also applies to the stress of "fighting for a year to get 1 item")
    I mean, the title can relate (FIX THE DROPRATE & BROKER), so can we talk about that right quick?

As of now, Tattered Threads haven't even been on the broker all week and Page 20 I have never even see it whatsoever this time around.
    It sucks to have to rely on whales... Yet even more when they aren't opening enough to supply the broker.
    Even when it pops up, every capsule the rare starts costing more and more (this time it's about 200mil, last capsule I got it for 100mil, capsule before that for 75mil)
    Idk if it's a population thing or people are spending less or both (Xbox)

If anything, I wish they would sell the collections on the Quark vendor eventually as well, and perhaps have older capsules hit Quark vendor more often, because as of right now on Xbox they are getting harder to come by (not me personally). Perhaps even sell the older capsules themselves somewhere as well, because some of them aren't even on the broker. I wouldn't see how that would be a bad thing, because more people would be spending/opening them.

Anyways, getting back to the actual point of the thread, I don't see why older stuff like this couldn't be looked at to have a higher drop rate OR be purchased on the pet vendor for 700 (or something) Source Marks, but only after getting a headline like the other items on said vendor.
    • Like x 2
  7. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

For me, it's just a way to get rid of stuff I don't want or need, without just deleting it. I gave up trying to "make money" off the broker a long time ago. The last time I was successful at it was back on the PS3, when I used the broker to finance a complete set of the Batgirl style.
    • Like x 1
  8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Wasn't aware of half of those 'reasons' and regardless, I made my own mind up on you long before I even joined my current League.
    If you wanna talk about repeating yourself here's my example:
    Don't like you because:
    - you are selfish & self-centred
    - you are over-entitled
    - you spend your entire game-time talking crap, incl talking crap about others.
    If you think those aren't valid, then it's probably time you re-entered reality.

And btw, the level of hypocrisy you just hit... You just asked for help yet you pride yourself on not helping others because to quote you 'you don't need it'
  9. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Congratulations.
    • Like x 1
  10. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Not wanting to play Omni or SM does NOT equate to "not helping others"... let alone "priding" himself of not helping others.

Edit:
    Also... The clamp sucks... That's the reason to argue against it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well if you are just 'getting rid' of it, I'd guess you are listing it stupid cheap...in which case you'd likely not be undercut. I know often if I go in and something is 10 or 20k or whatever...it goes up for $1, mainly because I'm already in the broker, but I don't feel like ever seeing that thing again. Generally it's sold by the time I exit the broker screen.
    • Like x 2
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

- If you think I am selfish and self-centered, you really don't know me. I've ALWAYS been putting others before myself.
    - I don't understand you with this "over-entitled" schtick. I never once "demanded" anything change in the game. Only hypothetical general statements or responses to others' suggestions.
    - False, I spend my game time doing dailies and other things. When I am chatting, it's usually when I'm waiting for world bosses. Also, talking crap about others? You are entirely delusional. I'm always defending myself against attacks from others OR sarcastic/joking with people I KNOW. Have I ever talked smack about you? NOPE. Besides, how I choose to spend my time in the game is none of your damn business unless you are paying my subscription.
    - Where did I say I don't help others? I say I don't run the old content unnecessarily. Meaning for myself. If I was asked to help, I would gladly. Hesitant because it takes 3x longer now, but I'd still help.
    - They aren't valid, being they are all literally assumptions and accusations.
    - They aren't valid because chatting in a game box does not hamper from completing an instance, if said chatting is not occuring DURING said instance.

Believe what you want, and go off. But keep your feelings about me out of creating biased responses.

You got me all wrong, but I'm not here to try and change your mind about me. Just to keep a clear mind for others you might be trying to convince I'm such a "horrible person" like you are attempting to make me out to be. Acting like I'm worse than most people that play just because I have a "reputation" or put on some kind of pedestal. Get real.

I don't know what else to tell you.
    Do you even realize how nasty you are being for no reason?
  13. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I'm not asking you to say anything, nor do I care what you deem valid. My opinions don't require your validation, or anyone elses. I form these after observing something happening, in this case, your clownery on & off game. Others are fully entitled to form their own opinions on both of us.
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well at least you finally acknowledge that I'm merely "clowning around" and any time you assume I'm "talking smack" it is 100% not meant to be taken serious. People that actually know me, know that already.
    • Like x 2
  15. MxOiE Level 30

I love when people talk like this in my runs! When me and my boys boot them it feels so good sending them back to their league.
  16. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I don't think I've ever seen something go quite that fast, lol. But yeah, I stopped worrying about making enough money to buy stuff on the broker. I just to be rid of it, and I don't like having to relist stuff. I want to spend my in-game time playing, not playing the stock market.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think you will find that if the run is bad, most decent players won't mind the boot. Saves the guilt over bailing out 15-20 min later.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hence the reason I don't waste time going back to see if I was undercut. If I am....oh well, I listed it already. Not spending the time to 2nd guess that.
    • Like x 1