QOL update! Fire sale! Everything $1!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by beardrive, Jun 22, 2023.

1. beardrive Committed Player

I'm one of those bad people, the people that use the broker as a trash can, a garbage dump for everything that has no value in the game to me because my inventory has become a dumpster of collections, catalysts, styles, trinkets, and every duplicated overdropped item of zero value I've gotten 10 or 20 times over already. I spend most of my day on this game in my inventories.

It's time for some summer cleaning!

How many visages of the spring rebirth did you get during the spring event? Yep! There were 16 pages of them up during the spring event. Most of them for one dollar!

None of above said items are sellable to a vendor, so you either delete them using too many button strokes or do the intelligent thing and use the broker as your own personal trash can using far fewer buttons and hitting the enter button and list.

All the old catalysts, styles, collections worth 50k or 75k I can't even be bothered with anymore. So rather than having to press Triangle/X repeatedly on my controller across 20 or 30 items, I just dump them all on to the broker like a boss. It's far easier than deleting them.

So for all of you broke people buying all of my items for $1, you're welcome!

The reason this is bad for gameplay is because those catalysts are for sale on the marketplace. I sell those catalysts for $1 on the broker, because from each DLC there is only one catalyst worth anything, and all the rest are trash within one or two months of a new DLC release.

$2001, $501, $251, $1,001, $1 etc are all of the numbers that come up when I hit the X button on my controller for any number of items and click submit. And I noticed that dozens of times a day from other people doing the same thing attempting to circumvent cluttered button play That's those numbers show up repeatedly.

A friend of mine told me that his buddy stopped playing DCUO because for every hour that he spent playing he was spending an hour cleaning digital trash out of his inventory.

It's time to clear out the clutter, the garbage, the trash mob drops, and all of the collections, catalysts, styles, and every overdropped griefing item in the game!

All of these can be sold to any vendor for $1. I vote we make every item in the game sellable to a vendor for $1. Every single one all at once for $1!

Kites
    beach balls
    supply drops
    orbital strikes
    Backups
    Tokens of Merit
    Pet trinkets
    Body changing trinkets
    Seasonal styles

Perhaps someone can make one of those cumbersome progressive feats for SP, where if you sell a million items for a dollar you get a 25-point feat? Now that's a farm worth doing.

Thanks!

My controller thanks you as well.
    • Like x 5
  2. MxOiE Level 30

I feel like you’re dragging this in order to make something happen. You don’t “spend most of the day” managing your inventory. Most of the things you listed that are in your inventory shouldn’t be there anyway. You have a whole bank. If your bank is full, then you can make a second account as a second bank to hold tradable important items like catalysts, collections (why are you holding on to these in your inventory anyway?), styles, etc.

“Using too many button strokes” So going to your inventory and hitting triangle then x is more work than going to the nearest broker and putting it on the laggy, slow, buggy broker? Come on, brother. Stop the cap. Also your friend’s friend clearly didn’t want to play DC if he let something as inevitable as inventory management on a MMO force him to quit.

Your controller will be fine. If you want people to rally behind your cause then don’t exaggerate your reasoning behind it like you just did. It makes people focus more on how ridiculous you sound rather than the change you want to make.
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Make sure to list up any and all examples of the Dr. Sivana Glasses Face Style that you've been holding onto, because it's been quite some time since anyone sold that on the Broker! ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If everything I'm pretty well forced to delete right now (as you say...putting in the broker for $1 is pointless) could be sold for $1 to a vendor....I'd still delete them.

And no...adding another pointless grind feat just to accommodate the over abundance of drops no one wants is not a good solution. Better QOL request would be to adjust the loot table so you don't leave the vault and seasonal with 3 of the same collections dropping.

This is not really QOL. just delete that crap.
    • Like x 4
  5. beardrive Committed Player

Thank you for your insights
  6. beardrive Committed Player

Hahaha! I'm afraid you're going to actually have to do the work to run that one. :) I don't know about the US server, but the EU server has five times less players. Now if you want the Hank chest, or the energy battery backpack, those are quite easy to get! People run Oan sciencecells regularly because it's fast gear progression for alt leveling. I was also talking about useless items that nobody wants anymore, or uses the clutter up a huge amount of space. I think those glasses cost 35 replay badges to unlock, I wouldn't consider them useless or a trash drop. :)
  7. beardrive Committed Player

I used the word cumbersome Reinheld to denote sarcasm. Lol No one wants to spend a billion dollars to get a simple feat. For those of you who don't get that reference, research the forums. When I was running Valentine's Day collections I had 150 inventory items that I just could have hit the X button repeatedly at a vendor to clear out my inventory in probably less than 30 seconds.

I do delete all of that stuff, repeatedly over and over and over. That was the point of my post. Perhaps my issue is I'm doing this across 20 characters. Maybe someone running just one or five characters it's really not very big of a deal. I myself notice huge quality of life issues with it, constantly, and daily as I navigate the broker, my inventories, and all of the trash drops as well. But thank you for adding to the conversation.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I already have them because I bought them on the Broker back when people listed them regularly. Just trying to help another player find them now, and they are AWOL. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

as someone who hits the vender first after running stuff i will say this idea would be great since i can get rid of more in one shot, thus saving me time.
    • Like x 2
  10. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Gotta love that argument. "Oh, you ran out of space? Make another character to hold your overflow." That's not a solution, that's a band aid.

I may not spend most of my time in my inventory, but our entire league jokes about playing the Inventory Management Simulator constantly. Everything seems to drop base items and gear that's not an upgrade (granted I'm at endgame, so I get that that's useful for leveling/alts). If you do a T5/T6 boss rotation for marks, you're going to also get about 4 rows of boxes to open. The Flashpoint content alone can fill a row of your inventory for one instance. Can I get rid of things by salvaging or fortifying or trying to put on the broker? Sure. But it does add up to a lot of "administrative overhead." While you may not personally see that as a problem, there are definitely players that find it annoyingly tedious.
    • Like x 4
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Your request seemed like it was legitimate something you wanted...and want. That's what I was responding to. If you save up 150 V-Day items all to sell at once or delete at once, I fail to see the difference, although I'd be fine with an option to turn off confirmations on delete to make it a single button push, which would be less cumbersome, but WAY more dangerous for most. I've advocated for this option before on the box openings, deleting/donating modded items and some other stuff that ONLY becomes cumbersome because of multiple confirmations during the process.

I've 100% spent multiple billions of dollars getting single feats, so maybe change that 'no one' to 'most people' or something. There are lots of people who spend billions in game to get feats done. Not sure what exactly that had to do with this thread, but I'm not looking back through months of pots to try and figure it out.
  12. beardrive Committed Player

When soba was in development Red five created a feat that if you spent a billion dollars buying very expensive soba items you would get a feat for it. I'm not even sure if you got feat points. I think it was actually just a title. Anyway all of the base designers lost their nut on the forums, including me about it, because we were begging for my base items, and then they were pricing them at absolutely ridiculous prices. Lol Mepps then commented that they had removed their "very silly joke", and it never happened. But it was on test. I believe my response was a very pointed wall of text if I remember correctly.
    • Like x 1
  13. beardrive Committed Player

I wish that I had come up with inventory management simulator. :) That's exactly what it feels like! And one of my thoughts about creating this thread started after running flashpoint content. I had two rows of garbage that I had to physically manage myself by just deleting all of that junk. And yes! Doing a t5 t6 marks run? You'll spend a half an hour at least going through all of that junk.

I also agree about creating another alt to store it. I already have 20 valuable and playable alts that I use for seasonal base items that don't stack, other base items, auras, trinkets, materials, consumables, and various sundry items that I don't feel the need to dump in there, only to eventually delete later.

I wish I had also stolen "administrative overhead" as well. :) I personally feel like I manage far too many things in various different ways in the game that could be taken care of by back of house. Thanks for the reply, and I think you summed up My thoughts and feelings better than I did in my original post. I'd rather be playing than sitting around shuffling irrelevant objects in inventories all day that don't count as any kind of valuable play to me..
  14. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

There is 0p Title for buying Base Items for 1mil. Pennies on PS/PC, a small fortune on EU Switch.
    • Like x 1
  15. Miserable Dedicated Player

Is this a troll post? Deleting items is easier than selling them on the broker and takes less button presses.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I wasn't aware of that 'joke', although we did have a feat for buying 1 Mil worth....so not as much 'removed' as 'lessened'.
    • Like x 1