New power.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Jun 18, 2023.

1. Civil Well-Known Player

Devs have avoided alot of things for years. Even during 2015 days.
  2. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

And my entire post is saying it doesn't have to be priority 1-5 but the fact that it's still a highly requested thing it would be nice to know it's in future plans somewhere vs a never gonna happen thing. I'm personally not asking for anything unrealistic but I am very aware of the fact that it seems unlikely DCUO may ever progress their game in that direction again. And realistically I don't ever see it not being requested by players because it is a interest regardless even more so then whatever is in a random loot box.
  3. Civil Well-Known Player

Well its their way of making money, especially since now, thank god, sub is no longer needed really. Although it does help, they're making good money regardless. It's the fact that its been 6 years since a new power, when in the first 5 years of the game being released, although it was sony at the time (RIP) there were 9 POWERS from 2011-2015. And tbh, I didn't hear anything back then about licensing issues, but it could have just been me not in the loop at that time.
  4. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

No one said anything about anti-new-powers. In fact, I said the exact opposite. We're just acknowledging why it's easier said than done and why they haven't done it. I'd love to see another power or two eventually, but I understand they can't right now. That is not an attack on the idea. It's just understanding current circumstance and not being a jerk to the devs, but apparently anything that isn't pure vitriol and "everything the devs do is terrible" is somehow "meat riding so hard". I do criticize the game and the devs. I just try to be reasonable and realistic and not a jerk about it. And you act like I'm attacking you but I'm only reacting to you being antagonistic and aggressive both to me and just in general. If you lived up to your username, my comments would look very different as well. You can't blame someone for trying to fight because they blocked the punch you threw.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

From new powers ?

They put so much effort in to new powers, initial idea all the way to the aftermath of testing, balancing, feedback etc etc - that is a lot of time and staff hours - for what? for most to try it, then discard it when they either

1. don't like it (like others have said - if it isn't exactly what a persion invisages they will revolt on the forums lol)

2. realise it is not/no longer "meta" etc etc

Water was the latest one, right? How many people do you see as water?

Also, a new power can throw all the other powers in to a balance nightmare so easily.
    • Like x 2
  6. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

I think an attractive thing to do would be to extract powers from legends. There is a plethora of abilities that are exclusive to legends at the moment. Perhaps they can tap those abilities, sell them for source marks, add a legendary abilities pack to the marketplace, or outright appease the players by adding them as a drip feed into the iconic abilities. However it's done, if it can be done, it should be done. I would prefer to see this than to have any new power development.
  7. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

If we’re being quite honest, a new power would only be a waste of resources due to the implementation of artifacts and allies. No player is going to want to invest in new artifacts or allies just to switch to another power. Rather than new powers, I’d like to see some other gameplay changes like fixing pvp, and implementing new features. Something that will entice players who quit the game to come back. Time capsules and booster bundles don’t add anything to the game aside from cosmetics. Don’t get me wrong, I love new styles, and I’m even content with the recent implementation of emotes, but a vast majority of the community didn’t ask for them.
  8. Tolly Committed Player

If he'd spent less time on capsules, artefacts and allies, a new power would have been mooted/exited long ago...
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Who is he?
    • Like x 1
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

That's the thing, though - the vast majority of the community are not united on what they *do* want, or ask for. Say 20% want PvP fixed, 20% love cosmetics, 20% want a new power, 20% want content nerfed, and 20% want content made harder. Even with plenty of crossover, the vast majority is almost always not going to want what any of those 20%s want.

So everybody is always in the minority on something, so those things should never happen?
  11. Civil Well-Known Player

How long has gadg prec been top dps for, how many years?
  12. Civil Well-Known Player

Fixing pvp is a thing needed for 8years now, but it wont bring back many players as some may think. Not saying you in particular, also, alot of arts work with many powers, if they didn't, I couldn't make dps loadout for yt.
  13. Civil Well-Known Player

Because I wrote comments about you, having to prove your opinion and all that before that essay... Also, assuming is the worst thing you could do, this post isnt about oh new powers, but this in the game is amazing. Its about a topic. But you can calm down thinking I was being aggressive before you. Its called a discussion where I was replying to you based off of your response for a game, and I replied to it based on the game and my thoughts. Bet yes, it came off as abit of meat riding, and still does. Because I never said I could do it, or have it done in a second as you said I have to do to have an opinion. Read what you said back, and I can also paraphrase and quote also. But this isn't the point of the topic.
  14. Civil Well-Known Player

I mean, Didn't they do this already or somethin? with neo venom and another? apparently idk. I thought neo was always in the game, but apparently it was a replacment for a drug type power that was cut.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Several years. What makes Gadgets Prec top tier was kept somewhat secret up until a few years ago.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Neo-Venom Boost has always been in the game. Experimental Serums was a tank powerset that was cut for many reasons but ultimately they decided to go with Water. Atomic was going to be the next healer powerset so they switched that to a tank power.
  17. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

And I was simply responding to you. Goes both ways. The fact you think stating the sheer reality of why they can't do something is "meat riding" is very telling. I simply tried to explain the situation to you, but you clearly don't care about anything other than getting what you specifically want. Sorry, but the game doesn't exist in a vacuum or just for you. They have to balance between what everyone wants as well as what keeps the lights on. This game takes money to run. Making a new power, as has been explained several times, is very risky and not something to be done lightly. It's also not the only aspect of the game or the only kind of content to be added. And I don't care how many or what powers we have if the actual gameplay doesn't make it worthwhile. If all the content were terrible and there was nothing fun to do with those powers, then there's no point anymore.

And the reason I said you've been antagonistic and aggressive isn't just because you replied or disagreed. It's because of what you specifically said. And yes, you were being that way before I came in as well. Saying things like "meat riding so hard" or "no excuse" is antagonistic and aggressive and if you can't see that, that is frankly concerning. And I never said you said you could do it. I said you have no room to talk about there being "no excuse" to not be able to do something unless you know what you're talking about, which you do not. And I know what I said. It's not meat riding. It's just the situation. Meat riding would be saying they can do no wrong, not simply explaining accurate information about the circumstances the game is in. I literally said I criticize the game and the devs sometimes, just that I try to be constructive and not a jerk about it, which, again, if you consider that "meat riding" that's very telling and you may need a name change because you're being anything but civil. I literally just explained what the obstacles are, and all of the information is true even if you don't like it. We already have quite a few powers. We don't NEED more right away. YOU want more. Others have other priorities. And the devs have more things than that to worry about. It's not meat riding to simply know the devs are human and can't magically do things there's simply not enough of them to spare for. Right now, the manpower and resources and time they'd have to take from everything else just for a power barely anyone will use could literally mean the game isn't here at all. And this wouldn't be such an essay if you didn't need so much explanation of the same things over and over again. If you think I'm the aggressive one you need to do some serious reflection. I'm not slinging around accusations of "meat riding". I have only been describing simple reality and that it's a lot more complex than you're acknowledging.

At this point.... this thread should just be nuked. We're not getting anywhere because you keep being antagonistic and refusing to accept that what you're asking simply isn't doable at the moment. I don't see this thread lasting very long when Mepps and the devs get back to work.

[IMG]
  18. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Capsules, artifacts and allies bring in money and are used by most players. New powersets require more work, and are used by only a few percent of players. If customers were buying DLC powersets instead of artifacts, allies and capsules - the devs would be working on new powersets. A game company is a business, not your parents - you can't nag them into giving you things you think you want, just so once you get it you can decide you wanted something different.
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Yes. And everybody plays new content. You can see for yourself here how many players use the newest powersets. If the players' interest was worth the effort - there would be more powersets.

Lol... This is an old game. Games don't tend to last very long. If you're expecting "progress" at this point, you're being extremely naive. You should be happy this game is still up and running. Do you know how many MMOs came and went during DCUO's lifetime?

Welcome to capitalism, kid. Without income the game will shut down.
  20. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

thats a unfair comparison considering your saying it as if artifacts and allies have been around forever and people were requesting such a thing if you really look at it Water came out August 2017 and Artifacts Nov 2017. So there is no fair comparative analysis between the two And even Allies included since thats the newest of the three things you mentioned. Of course time capsules are gonna be the most money maker compared to powers considering its gambling. I personally vote with my wallet though I dont even see this situation as a thing about nagging. But if I am a customer of a product I enjoy I dont see the harm in expressing something i want to see. I see more threads pop up on new power request vs I want this in the next time capsule. I think it should be well understood that loot boxes will bring a profit but I feel for the players who would also like to see the profit get rewarded back to them by showing progression of the game. Even if it isnt new powers anything outside of the standard format that has in all honestly become more mundane then not and a continued trend for the next years of the same format isnt gonna progress the game honestly. New powers wont be anything innovative but including it would still bring more internal excitement towards the game. But like I said I vote with my wallet i dont think anybody is begging them i know im not, i fully exercise my rights as a consumer to not invest in a product unless i Feel something is worth it for me.