Could these trinkets be added to emote menu?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LeatherJacket25, Jun 14, 2023.

1. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

Will the emote trinkets like the “Big Ole’ Sparkler” etc be updated to work with the new emotes system?

If so, would it be possible to include trinkets like the ‘essence of the firey skeleton”, the “will-o-the-wisp” trinket and like the “batwing” trinket etc?
    I know they aren’t really emotes but it would be sick if we could hold those things in that emote menu and save some space.

Cheers.
    • Like x 1
  2. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

I'm all for stuff like Big Ole' Sparkler, the proposal trinket and whatever the bastich-bomb-something from X-Mas is called, being converted to Emotes.

But the Essence of the Firey Skeleton and Batwing are form changes, not Emotes. I'm especially against Batwing being removed, since the QoL of just grabbing it from my Shared Bank on any Toon I wanna do some Investigation/Briefing/Collection hunting on, is a lot less effort than farming a Flight Ring for every Toon.
    • Like x 2
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I agree, that the few emotes, that are in the game in a trinket form, like the Proposal, or the Bastich Bomb should be made available as regular emotes, integrated into the dedicated system, so that there's no need to carry and equip the trinkets if you want to use them. And I'd guess it will happen at some point.

Form changes are their own thing and I don't see why they should have anything to do with emote menu, since they work in a an entirely different way. For one thing, you can perform all sorts of actions - including using emotes - while transformed, whereas emotes are just single animations, that stop, the moment you do anything, like move, attack, or use another emote. Would it be nice to have some sort of dedicated system for transformations? Maybe. But should it be a priority? No.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Don't forget the bubblegum! :)
    • Like x 4
  5. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

I came to mention it upon seeing the title. So I'll just thumb you up and second this, great idea! :D
    • Like x 2