Superspeed...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AshocusTheMuse, Jun 9, 2023.

1. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

Okay, I'm probably going to get flak for this... but WHY does everyone HAVE to go superspeed? I feel like they missed out on a trick here. Almost every Tank, and Troll are superspeed... and why? Because you gave it abilities that just makes it the CLEAR choice for meta gamers. Personally, I can't STAND the movement style and get motion sickness because of the fact you stick to EVERYTHING, it's clunky and not to my personal taste so I tend to avoid it like the plague lol. But that's ok for me, I'm not DPS, or Tank, or Troll which almost NEED it for their loadouts to work.

Yes I understand that Hover/flight is supposed to be slower and that I can deal with in fact I LIKE that about it, but it should at least have an ability that makes it FEEL more 'meta'... Like I'm always surprised that there's not more flight tanks because of the extra pull potions and additional CC options for load outs... *shrugs* Maybe it's just me not enjoying superspeed... Maybe it's a balance issue... Or maybe it's just me wishing that there weren't as many "one true way" players. This game is supposed to have diversity and depth... It just feels like if you don't play superspeed, you just aren't playing right... and that just feels... wrong.
    • Like x 6
  2. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

well i hate superspeed to tbh i think superspeed is most popular bcs of this perc clip trash everyones doing today i feel like this game becomes more and more this u do this one direction or you wrong like u said but personally i say do waht matches to your play style an let the rest follow all other like soulless robots

i wanna be honest an mmorpg should give u options how u like to play and not force u to follow an red line
    • Like x 2
  3. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I think Flight and Acro would be much more viable if they were capable of the same in-combat mobility as SS, both horizontally and vertically.
    • Like x 3
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1. It is the most convenient method of moving through content.
    2. Superspeed abilities can be used in a variety of builds.

Superspeed has its advantages just like flight has its advantages and acrobatics has its advantages. Some people prefer superspeed. If you don't like superspeed than don't use it but you can't push your personal feelings about it on everyone you play with.
    • Like x 2
  5. Siramez Well-Known Player

I play superspeed because I love speed in games and movies/shows (Flash being my fav dc character)
    You play superspeed because of the meta

We are not the same
    :)
    • Like x 3
  6. Sheon Kureth New Player

They just need to nerf the combat viability of superspeed's attacks, or better yet buff acrobatic and flight attacks to be on the same level, and we'd see more diversity. Honestly, I'm surprised that hasn't happened already, but I imagine it will, eventually.
    • Like x 2
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Superspeed needs to have its sound effects muted. Having ppl spam that **** just annoys the **** outta me having to listen to that dervish twirl crap. It forces me to play the game on mute so I can actually play the game. Then you have those players clipping everything at once and their character is twitching the **** out and that’s also an eye sore.
    • Like x 2
  8. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

O.k...

1. I was stating personal preference NOT stating rederict.
    2. This wasn't an attack against people who LIKE superspeed, I was just wondering why Flight and/or Acrobatics didn't have the same utility in close combat. For movement benefits it truly is go with what you're comfortable with. I like flight as it makes moving around a LOT easier, but I acknowledge and ACCEPT it's always going to be slightly slower. Acrobatics is HELLA fun to goof around in cities, and the grapple is super cool! I even admit that Superspeed is very cool for getting to places faster. Each have their merits in that respect... I meant that It kind of feels like most people are being pushed into Superspeed by peer pressure instead of letting people have their choice. thats what I meant by "One true way-isms"
    • Like x 2
  9. SuperDepresion New Player

Personally i kinda picked super speed without thinking much in my new main, then latter i found out it was kinda meta so i got double happiness since not only i ended loving the way you get some verticallity in fights but also i can be somewhat meta competent

but yea its a bit overtuned compared to the other 2 movesets
    • Like x 3
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Flight is my favorite movement and i also tank with it. If i feel like i want superspeed i just equip my SS ring cause i do like SS in small doses.
    • Like x 2
  11. SuperDepresion New Player

ahaha well my ice tank alter got me a bit addicted to the flight freedom overall as well, its very fun despide being a bit less meta

also its king in recollecting briefs and specially amenities

like for real some locations in arkham island are a bit ehhh
    • Like x 1
  12. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

So whats the problem then? that everyone uses it? maybe speed is just overall more enjoyable it expresses a character more unlike flight, doesn't mean flight is done wrong it just means speed is overall cooler.
  13. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Yeah about that movement attacks are no longer viable, they got severely nerfed all remains now is just the power itself.
  14. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

the reason why everyone pick Superspeed for meta, is the clipping options of the movement skills, nothing about being more or less cool...
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

While I fully agree that the benefits of each movement need some serious balancing, I do just fine with my acro dps/troll main and flight tank. Nobody HAS to be superspeed. There are a handful of scenarios where you definitely want a superspeed ring from the anniversary event, but they are few and far between. I do kind of wish I could replace cry-foam with tornado pull in my main toons ST DPS loadout, but that's about it.

As for in combat moving, I don't have any issues tumble mastering around in boss fights. Worst case scenario I can use the brainiac bot or morrowbot form change guises for extra tumbling distance (did this first few times in TTe 1st boss for dome til I got used to the timing).

As for hallways, I personally couldn't care less. When tanking, if they wanna speed ahead of me it's their funeral. When trolling, they'll be just fine for 1-2 seconds without debuffs or PoT while I catch up. As for DPSing...well....they're hallway adds. They don't drop loot, they're almost never a threat to wipe the group and for the scoreboarders out there, nobody gives af about the first column.
    • Like x 5
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Funny thing is that I’m hallways I’m normally first to adds and sit there waiting for the speed users and occasionally tanks. And yes I actually wait and don’t attack until the tank gets there lol. All my toons are flight :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

They're not wrong, and neither are you btw. However, you telling someone that they can't express their feelings on a subject while also expressing your feelings is a bit ironic. Why you constantly feel the need to bully everyone into your line of thinking is beyond me.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I didn't say he couldn't express his feelings, I said he couldn't push his feelings on everyone. In other words he can't discourage other people from using superspeed just because he has personal issues with that particular movement.

Like if I were to say, "There's too much purple in this game. I have a personal issue with players that wear purple. What is the point of wearing purple? It's an ugly color." I would sound crazy for expecting people to change their taste in color just to spare my feelings wouldn't I?
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

No. Super Speed is absolutely horrible to me. There's absolutely no way on Earth that I would use it ever if it weren't for the Movement Tree Abilities. None. And for me to use a Movement Style I loathe and detest specifically because it has access to the best Combat Powers should tell you something.

Flight has no viable Combat Powers (though I occasionally see some people gamely trying to make Whirlwind Attack work), the worst Movement Shield in the game, and some of the jankiest Pulls ever. Flight is definitely done wrong.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

Both abilities are the same they are just different cosmetically