Test Discussion Ally: General Zod

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Jun 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This is correct, unless I want to re-test every ally at 414cr I keep them at CR395 :D
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, nah I was just teasing, I saw that's what you were probably doing when I read your other feedback, it was all relative, the point remained the same, Krypto is still better, so no crisis requiring people to level a legendary, they can breath easy :D
  3. RookJL New Player

Yeah, only seeing Zod do three hits and no AoE explosion. I'm also seeing a possible bug where the Emperor Aquaman Ally's Seaside Restart doesn't affect General Zod's cooldown. Maybe they don't like each other?
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Who said it was prec players clipping every flurry with speed? I personally do not have DW and I am also not speed. Using Prec properly in general is power hungry.
    • Like x 2
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The icon for Phantom Zone Touch persists for several seconds beyond what the actual stat buffs do:
    • Like x 2
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    At Level 10, Phantom Zone Touch is supposed to give a +3% Might and +1.5% Precision boost when using a Group Power Heal.

This is what I'm seeing in that situation:
    Might goes from 144845 to 148624
    Precision goes from 62002 to 74011

When the buff is active, I see a large increase in my weapon attacks.

I did not have any other artifacts or allies equipped when conducting the test. My base mods were expired too.

So is this working correctly? I'm seeing a much larger than 1.5% boost for Precision.
    • Like x 2
  7. Wanning Comet Committed Player

He has multiple voice lines, at least 3 refer to kneeling; one is explicitly "Kneel before Zod!" The delivery of the line is not as good as the legends Zod, though, I think they might have changed the voice actor since fos3/legends Zod was released or for this. Most of the lines sounded really flat comparatively.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Rewatching my video..... I noticed The Exploding and Damaging effect from Kneel Before Zod does not seem to work??
    Although I only tried it on Combat Dummies.... :oops:

EDIT.... just tried it in Dakota City.... does not seems to work there either. :(

9. El Cucuy Developer

Good day one and all,

We are currently investigating an issue with General Zod’s combat ability causing him to leave combat before completing the full attack.

We hope to have a fix for this as soon as possible so additional testing can continue.
    • Like x 2
  10. grifterwildkat New Player

the warrior resolve this by showing dominance, restoration, power and vitalization 2% and accuracy 1%, I hope it is 3% as it is showing in the forum
  11. grifterwildkat New Player

at least the precision
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

We all knew Zod was a coward.
    • Like x 1
  13. The I3atman New Player

I feel like this is gonna be very annoying for trolls to keep power hungry dps full
  14. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Run a Power/debuff controller and a buff controller. We need to get back to using 2 controllers in raids.
    • Like x 1
  15. The I3atman New Player

Good luck with dps they'll never allow it lol Plus I haven't had/needed a 2nd troll back me up since year 1 when I realized I can do it all myself. The power consumption for some powers is pretty brutal, adding arts and allies that hurt power even more is a headache for us trolls. I refuse to play art swap simulator for groups too, I didn't need to for all these years and I wont now.
    • Like x 1
  16. ElectedByParallax New Player

May be i understood wrong but this buff really would replace another ally buff because zod will take 1 place in a ally passive slot.
    And before reading your messages i also came to conclusion that need to make a gradation for this passive skill. It's really great idea and i agree with it. May be make that: for raids: +3% might and +3% precision; for alerts: +3,5% might and +3,5% precision; for duos: +4% might and +4% precision; for solo: +4,5% might and +4,5% precision. If you will think that for solo and duo it will be very much don't forget that controllers will not get much benefit from damage stats.
    2. Players must don't suffer if they don't want to play with ally cyborg :D Power-hungry powersets balanced not well and spend different amounts of power. I have 5 AoE skills on loadout of my might gadgets damager and it spends much smaller power than 4 AoE + finisher skills on loadout of my might electricity damager. On my electricity might damager power spends very fast even if i have very good (not perfect) controller in our squad. With using zod it will be unplayable. And i will need forget about using pet. It's abnormal. And if not change zod's decrease of power regeneration presicion damagers wich use this zod's passive skill will have a lot of advantage against the same might damagers. It will be big disbalance and it will end that might damagers with greedy superpowers will not use it ever.
    3. Don't forget that If you will use cyborg in your slot you can't use other allies in this slot and you will lose much benefit without other better passives. +30 power regeneration in combat not worth to lose any passives from 500 source marks allies.

This idea was written and i will repeat it. I think it will be a great solution of our dispute. Need make a gradation of this passive skill: damager role: +3% might and +3% precision with -5% power regeneration; healer role: +3% restoration and +3% precision with -5% power regeneration; tank role: +3% restoration and +3% dominance with -5% power regeneration; controller role: +3% vitalization and +3% dominance with -5% power regeneration.
    I think it will be well balanced. Do you agree?

First passive well balanced i think. Thanks, good job.

I disagree with second passive. Why you don't want to make a gradation? Like it: damager role: +3% might and +3% precision with -5% power regeneration; healer role: +3% restoration and +3% precision with -5% power regeneration; tank role: +3% restoration and +3% dominance with -5% power regeneration; controller role: +3% vitalization and +3% dominance with -5% power regeneration.
    Greedy superpowers spend power very fast with "Superpower focuse" passive (+25% power regeneration). If zod will take a half of it then this passive will be unplayable for players with greedy superpowers.
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

Any chance to add either defence or health to Warrior's Resolve?
  18. El Cucuy Developer

Good day one and all,

We appreciate your continued input and will be pushing the following changes with the next update:

• Warrior's Resolve - The in-combat power regeneration debuff was lowered from -20%/-17.5%/-15%/-12.5%/-10% down to -15%/-12.5%/-10%/-7.5%/-5%
    • Kneel Before Zod - Adjusted the timing of the combat ability explosion to address a bug that prevented the explosion from happening.
    • Kneel Before Zod - Fixed an issue that was causing General Zod to not respect Emperor Aquaman's "Seaside Restart" ally cooldown reduction.
    This was already done per a previous post! My apologies if it was unclear, but Defense will also gain a max affinity bonus of +2% from Warrior's Resolve.
    • Like x 5
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feedback on the Warrior's resolve passive:

I tested it with a maxed-out Nature Dps and Mental Dps with a superpowered setup on the sparring target without power regeneration.

Test 1: Nature with Ivy and Black Adam = 5,5 rotations
    Test 2: Nature with Ivy and Zod = 4,5 rotations

Test 3: Mental with Ivy and Black Adam = 4 rotations
    Test 4: Mental with Ivy and Zod = 3 rotations

The power regeneration has a greater impact than I thought, cutting the self-sustainability by 25%.

Considering that I had a maxed Zod and the fact that a lower-level Zod has a much greater passive power decrease I suggest that this may be restructured.

-10% passive power regen should be the max. I would keep that passive at any level at those -10%. On top, I would like to see this passive moved to the first slot.
    Like some others pointed out before, it could be an issue for some players to sustain their power, and having this passive at Rank 6 is already quite the investment, just to see if you can actually use him. If the passive still starts with a -20% power regen, it's an even greater investment and will leave people disappointed if they can't make it work with their playstyle.

Based on experience, being able to keep up 3,5 rotations on a sparring target without power regen, lets you do any content in the game with a controller in your group. Without a troll it should be min. 5 rotations or else you see yourself struggling with rotating supply drops and soder to keep up the power - up to a point where even that doesn't help anymore.

Conclusion:
    As is, it's a great ally for content with a controller in your group and even for content without a controller, if your powerset/playstyle isn't very power-hungry. To let players test if this ally is working for their playstyle, the passives should be swapped and the -10% power regen should apply to all ranks.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not gonna say it... wait nah I will, It's almost like I saw it coming, remember 2 pages back :cool:

Haha, good to see they changed it.

It's good the max rank is now at 5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.