Name Reclaim happened.. is League Name Reclaim next?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Novasia, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Novasia Level 30

Since we just had a successful name reclaim, is there any plan for us to get a league name reclaim? Plenty of leagues have rosters filled entirely with names ending in "_#" meaning their names were wiped during the event. Those accounts (and leagues) likely have been inactive for years.

It'd be cool if we all got a months notice just like with the name reclaim event, and then league names with inactive leaders were freed up.
    • Like x 4
  2. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

Yeah I have seen so many leagues entirely with _#. If its possible it would be great to have a league name reclaim event.
  3. Skille Well-Known Player

Seems odd to want to change your league name imo. You've been XYZ for so long now you want to be ABC?

How would they even determine what league name is up for grabs?
  4. Novasia Level 30

Same reason people want to change their character's name.

I'm not sure how they'd go about it if we ever got a league name reclaim, but possibly similar to how the name reclaim went. If you're the leader of a league and haven't been online for x amount of time, your league would be renamed.

I spent some time searching up tons of league names on the census website and found that almost every single league I looked up had renamed, inactive characters/leaders.
    • Like x 1
  5. Skille Well-Known Player

Was the leader also inactive? I think leagues should demote leaders automatically if they're gone for more than 100 days at a time. ( not sure if this is already a thing)
    Would make having a leader that's active a lot easier.
    • Like x 1
  6. Novasia Level 30

Yes, plenty of names I searched showed the entire league, leader included, inactive. This means us active players haven't even seen the league name in game (in years, or ever) yet its unavailable for us to use.

That would be helpful. But then if there are no active characters remaining in the league after demoting the inactive leader, it raises another issue.
    Inactive leaders and inactive league names are two separate things, though. I'm sure there are leagues with leaders who went inactive but have active members who would love to take over and keep the league running. Then there are those, as I mentioned, that have 0 active members and should be renamed.
    • Like x 2