Test Discussion Ally: General Zod

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Jun 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

Naw, it would just mean that groups would want a controller in controller gear to get a bit more passive power over time. I don't see the -10% to be a problem if the group has a controller in it. Not a pseudo controller, that just hit T for more damage. A battle troll might even be okay too, as long as they have some controller gear to increase their vit a bit.

Really, the passives on this one are pretty big deals. I appreciate the difference between them, considering these are flat stats, over random stats, like BWL's. Though, I do think that the percentages could all be bumped a little bit more, considering these are a legendary ally and very costly to get to rank 10, but that would also remain to be seen in practice if these numbers are worth it.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah.... same here. :(

But USPS5 works fine. ;)
  3. Incineration Inferno Active Player

-10% power regen is way to much and isn't worth these stats being this low, unless it hidden behind a feat unless this is changed I personally will not be buying this one.
    • Like x 1
  4. Incineration Inferno Active Player

Being Munitions DPS/Trol and it has been public knowledge that each power will have their own ally going foward came I make a request for the only one who make sense for Muntions when it's time.

Can we have Deathstroke for our Munitions Ally

Thanks again
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

This is simply not true, at all. Players using precision irrespective of their power still have to consider power management while being optimal. Precision damage isn't free damage and respectfully your comments in this thread indicate to me you have no idea how to play precision damage at all.

This ally simply does not provide a buff worth the exchange for the -10% power regen, if I wanted a buff like that I'd be using venom wrist, that at least provides a decent precision buff. Couple this with RSK power penalty and most players moving away or having moved away from Grim and you've already got existing penalties.

The reality is, the ally isn't appealing in its current form, when I looked at it initially I was thinking about it in terms of a potential battle tank build, but in giving it more thought I still won't use it, it's not worth removing other more effective allies.

This ally needs to decide what it is, at the moment it's trying to appeal to all the roles at once in a highly ineffective way that makes it unappealing it would never be worth the investment to anyone outside of a controller, where it's almost mandatory for passive 1.
    • Like x 3
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are many powers and playstyles that have a lot of excess power. Just because prec players want to clip every damn flurry shot with a super speed ability with 200 power cost, doesn't mean it's intended to be played that way.
    I see many prec players not having any power issues, so adding 10% negative regen won't do much harm.
    I still couldn't test him (not sure if anyone could) but i'll take a proper look at the power regen/cost of various playstyles soon.

Also, dont forget we have an artifact to counteract such a stat penalty and it even provides a buff for both Might and Prec.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

I'm aware of the various playstyles, that's why I've mentioned Grim, Venom Wrist and other various things, I'm well aware of it, I'm simply thinking through all the permutations having not tested it yet either.

I'm well aware of the fact you can do things to manage power, the truth though is that if I'm having to ditch something more optimal simply to get this 1%-2% buff then it's just not going to be happening.

Maybe it'll work and testing will help, but what I see here is people just putting Zod on and crossing their fingers then acting surprised when they're out of power, or they're going to simply start expecting more from the controller.
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

I think you have no clue about prec,im a prec player as i said if i say i am not struggling with power you can believe that or not doesnt matter, prec players arent supposed to spamm powers its that simple most dps for prec comes from its weapon attacks unless someone spamms abilties its not a problem.

This ally is giving a lot of different stats while we give feedback we should keep in mind how other allies are this one gives stats for a entire battle while others dont this is a huge plus you cant be asking for a ton of stats full time with no drawback plus no condition this one drawback is -10 power and thats fair unless its attemp to try to make another meta ally replacing the current best one, one ally shouldnt be much stronger as others released just few months ago the current changes made are fine. Also this ally has 2 very usefull passives which should be considered aswell.
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As long as the power debuff isn't decreasing with ally levels, i don't see the issue, since rank 6 lets you test him. If it doesn't work well for the majority of powers at all, it'll be pointed out during the testing phase.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

For sure, I mean my original comment, did mention I'd take a look at it, my initial concern actually is that it's a bit high, that being said you mention an interesting thing and say as long as the debuff isn't decreasing with the levels, what if it did, would you object? Let's say it went all the way down to 5 at say max rank?
  11. Proxystar #Perception

If you think a prec player isn't clipping their attacks with powers then you're so far from optimal it defies belief. prec does not work by just tapping brawling into shuriken and letting it fly... If you think that then you're wrong.

It doesn't matter if the ally gives a bunch of different stats, those stats are redundant outside of role, stop looking at the ally and thinking because it has a bunch of stats (which you won't use) it's somehow worth the exchange, it isn't.

I'm also not asking for no drawback I'm suggesting that there should be open dialogue about whether the drawback is reasonable on first glance I wouldn't think so, but we'll see during testing.
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually meant it the other way around. It would be bad if it were 25% passive power reduction at rank 6 for example.
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Ah right, I guess let's see how it shakes out on testing :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

When are we going to be able to test him? Test has been down for a few days, which makes me think It's more than just Zod. Are we getting Save the Universe aswell?
  15. Proxystar #Perception

It's 20% at level 6, eek imo....

for a 0.5% prec buff and a 20% penalty... ooof.
    • Like x 1
  16. FireJRStorm New Player

Come on yall please change his voice line to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD
    • Like x 3
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Single Target Damage - 791,517 compared to Krypto's 587,656 - juicy lol

second time 809,410

AOE damage is fine, it's less than Shazam and clearly it appears to be intended for ST strength.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Just looking at the combat ability at the moment Kneel Before Zod. There is a 5 second delay from its spawn to when it attacks. It also has targeting issues similar to what can happen with HoL Bot and Krypto where in the Injustice Bounty there was 1 npc besides the boss and even taking the boss which I was locked on and attacking to the side Zod still chose to turn around and focus the non-boss npc.
    • 3 hits on Injustice Bounty for total of 699,347k at CR395 which would put him as the 3rd weakest Ally
    • on 5 targets HoL dummies it dealt 703,790k in 9 hits with the 5 hits coming from the explosion at the end after heat vision which accounts for 300k of that 703k damage. But that does put him in top 6 for aoe.
    • On a solo sparring target was 5 hits (1 hit explosion for 300k) 705,325 total, which would be Top 3 on non-boss targets
    • Tried on a few different bounties, each are only 3 hits, never the explosion proc and doesn't appear the bonus boss damage is working. Unless we have to target a non-boss npc with the eye beam then when the non-boss npc explodes it deals bonus dmg to boss?
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You wouldn't use krypto or hol bot unless its a boss-npc. Repeat on a boss npc and Krypto is 1,750,121 compared to Zod's 700k
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Fair point, but my testing showed Krypto as 2,029,216 versus Zod at 846,999, you and your Krypto don't appear to be paired at maximum friendship Obsidian ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.