Test Discussion Ally: General Zod

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Jun 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

No bcuz then it doesnt leave room for dual battle roles which is what we prefer to have goin forward
  2. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

It definitely wouldve been nice if DEF was included.. I feel like we should have access to the DEF stat..
    • Like x 1
  3. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Can't log in to double check right now, but I believe it's called a "Group Power Heal" at the top of the Recharge card, not in the bottom "[Control Role]" section. If that's the case, this could be usable by folks in Damage role if they're a controller powerset.

Regardless, 3% precision boost & -10% power regen. As a non-art-swapping, claw-wielding controller, I hope the gadgets folks have fun without a blue bar at all.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ranmaru Developer

I did forget to cover that I am posting this for El Cucuy as this ally was his creation.

But to my understanding the buff effect should work with Claw & will only work when inside controller role.
    • Like x 6
  5. L T Devoted Player

-10% power regen seems like s steep price to pay for 3% on the other stats.
    • Like x 4
  6. Whoru Level 30

2% Precision seems kinda low for the fact that Might scales 10times better with Percentage numbers i would say ´´Phantom Zone Touch´´ should be 2% might 3 or 4% Precision but overall extremly good idea
  7. myandria Item Storage

True, which is why it is a passive that should not be used on a whim, in my opinion. If your team needs that extra boost in a tight spot, then that power regen loss may be worth it. It should not be hard to regain that power regen loss.
  8. ElectedByParallax New Player

1. Phantom Zone Touch
    Too low stats at 10 lvl. Better use Batman Who Laughs/Cyborg with Death Metal Batman. I think 5-6% will be good.
    2. Warrior's Resolve
    Not adequate price. Lose 10% of power regeneration for 3% to all these stats is too many. I think 6% for them all with this power regeneration decrease will be good. Or leave these plus stats but do decreasing of power regeneration not more than 5%.
  9. Healing Juice Active Player

How are we supposed to test this ally if the test server is locked?
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its a group buff. This is just adding to the regualar group buffs from a troll. These % are fine.

These stat increases are kinda crazy and to get such stats as a flat buff at all times, -20% power regen should be the punishment. Keep in mind that power regen doesn't mean overall power in. So a troll will still give you most of your power in an instance.
    • Like x 2
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Considering Nubia gives 2% might and 4% prec for 10 seconds, but comes at the cost that it only occurs when an enemy is defeated AND Cooldown is 20 seconds, seems appropriate that it's lower (because it's constant).
    • Like x 1
  12. Whoru Level 30

Yeah idk what u mean they just have to give Prec more % then Might bcs of the Number difference thats what i mean :D it also could be 1%Might and 2%Precision
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just no… my main is prec and this is now how it works and not how it should work. Prec and might scale differently entirely. This is the very reason why most percentage based buffs and even flats stats are higher for might than for prec. You shouldn’t be making recommendations based on your biased opinion. (You as in anyone in general and not you personally).

I personally think the passives of even might/prec are fine in this particular passive but I would understand if it was changed to 2% might 1/% prec for first and 3% might 1.5% prec because it would fall in line with all other buffs. Thou every once in a while I could see the benefits of having an even split.
    • Like x 1
  14. Vikaluka Level 30

Can we have Weapon DPS buff instead of Precision buff? I don't think we need more considering the percentage is already more than 100%.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You do realize that precision is used for weapon damage calculations right? And what do you mean by prec already being more than 100%
    • Like x 3
  16. Hades2Eros New Player

Can't get on to either Test or US PC
    • Like x 1
  17. Vikaluka Level 30

Yes and Weapon DPS is also being used to calculate the damage as well. Precision modifier (or %), when in raids, is pretty much higher than 100%, some sources that grant it:

. Skill Points (20%) / Elite Mods (2%) / League Buffs (3%) / Augments (8%) / Neck Mod (4%) / Compound Omega (5%) / Weapon Buff (33%) / Group Weapon Buff (20%) --- 95% precision

. A regular build with Trans/Strat/VWD gives you another 12% and 18% after weapon buff being used --- 30% precision

Since everything is additive, adding 2% or 3% to something that's already high doesn't feel that good.
    • Like x 2
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

weapon damage = base weapon damage multiplier * (50% weapon DPS + 100% precision)

Your point about percentages seems really vague, even with the descriptor in your next reply.
  19. ElectedByParallax New Player

I understood that it's a group buff but stats are really too low. Don't forget that 2% to damage stats you will get only at 10 lvl. In practice it will be invisible even if you will have 5 damagers in raid-squad. In alerts or duos situation will be worse.
    I admit that i wanted too high stats but don't forget that for controllers more important use allies who will help to do 3 their most important things: 1) help to regenerate power (black metal batman, cyborg, batman who laughs), 2) help to debuff enemy (poison ivy or batman who laughs), 3) help to survive (poison ivy, batman who laughs, future lex luthor and others). Shazam give 6% might and 3% precision at 10 lvl for 30 seconds (with scrap of the soul cloak and ally emperor aquaman cooldown of this buff is very small) and black adam give same for 10 second with 20 second cooldown (buffed it every 10 second) but controller will give these stats constantly at fight and not use other allies in slot who will help with 1 from 3 most important things. Now i think 4-5% might and 3% precision at 10 lvl will be really good balanced with all this pluses and minuses.
    1. Don't forget that all roles most part of time will have maximum benefit only from 2 stats of this passive. Damagers: might and precision, healers: restoration and precision, controllers: vitalization and dominance, tanks: restoration and dominance. +3% for 2 stats with 10% power regeneration decreace is really too low. I am sure that 3% to all these stats with 5% power regeneration decreace will be good balanced. May be not perfect, but good.
    2. Don't forget that we have greedy superpowers and pets wich decrease your power regeneration too. Zod with 10% power regeneration decreace will be useless for damagers who use greedy superpower (for example: electricity) with pet.
    3. Don't forget about bad controllers who can't normally regenerate your power. In raid bad troll+pet+greedy superpower+ally general zod will be hell for you.
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If this would replace another ally buff i'd agree, but it just adds on top. A damage buff out of thin air for no effort, so it shouldnt be higher than that imo. After all, allies aren't meant to be as impactful as artifacts.

to 1.: Yes, i took that into account in my 1st reply
    to 2.: Thats the main reason i want the power-regen nerf to be increased further, to ensure those powers can't benefit from it or are at least forced to play Cyborg to balance it out again. Power-hungry powersets are most of the time more powerful. If less powerful powersets can use this ally and more powerful ones need to find a compromise, its good for the sake of balance.
    to 3.: That is the only valid point i see why this could be an issue, but since cyborg is pretty easy to obtain, it can be easily avoided.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.