Renown use after max

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Loki2911, May 26, 2023.

1. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

Tbh it is an shame That if we got Max Renown we cant trade Renown (marks) to something like Sourcemarks or Spen the league for Get Prestige it becomes just totally useless witch brings me to the point why should someone with max Renown Help someone if he dont benefit from it?
  2. FixMyPower Active Player

I somewhat agree. Maybe make it account bound for people that have alts? But people run elite because it’s almost as fast as reg but it gives you more marks and, if im not mistaken, better drops for op item catalysts and food.
  3. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

ok the loot and marks thats true yh but on some point it feels strange to take the renown u normaly work hard for before u maxed and u just celete it or take it for nothing i mean if ppl help other they should at some point feel benefits too not just some more current marks
  4. Loki2911 Well-Known Player

in the end its an thing of motivation too i think
  5. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Some older renown tokens have a small cash value on them. With those you could at least vendor them to not feel too bad about more or less throwing them away :D
    • Like x 2
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Make it so you can donate to league, not only giving prestige but perhaps giving the league it's own renown as well. For special league buffs pertaining to the episode, perhaps. Could give more incentive. Or perhaps unlock special base items like elite "head" trophies of bosses you have defeated to display and show off. Just some random ideas I had.
    • Like x 2
  7. Skille Well-Known Player

I like the idea of converting renown into league prestige
    • Like x 3
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Using it to get extra things for leagues and league halls is a good idea...but i can already see the threads crying over it from players in small leagues or that doesnt run elite content.
  9. Dene Devoted Player

I think this would be the least 'contentious' option.. noone overly benefits or loses
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think just the prestige benefit would be fine. And if you are in a league with full prestige, you just sit on the tokens till you hit a lull between episodes or during less favorable seasonals when less people are on and prestige might slip. Having 'extra' incentives would further penalize small leagues already struggling to get their standard buffs
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

League prestige has always been my suggestion (many others as well). Perhaps a conversion to source marks once the DLC goes to EEG status similar to the DLC currency but it'd have to be at a somewhat low conversion rate to avoid disrupting sourcemark supply and demand balance. Maybe 1000 renown per sourcemark.
  12. GrumpySnorlax Level 30

HA something should be done about it not sure why nothing has happened yet.
  13. Unknown1 Level 30

Prestige for it sounds good to me.
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I meant more of like a buff to help elite+
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah I get that, but it's already kind of mandatory to either be in, or run with a 'good' league to get that kind of stuff done...why add more fuel to the fire? Not that you 'CANT' get picked up in a group for E+ randomly, but I'd wager the % of pure 8 random LFG people groups finishing E+...especially for feats...is pretty low. Just looking at LFG for a night, E+ is not run much....or it's run by pre-made groups of leagues or friends of leagues. There are not that many shouts for E+ raid groups.

We already have, "What's your CR....SP...ARTIS"....and now add..." your E+ league buffs up?" Nah.
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It wouldn't be like that. Those elite leagues that want to do elite+ will get renown for the league and aquire the buff (or debuff). It wouldn't be something major enough to be excluded from a e+ raid for not having. The entire league buff system needs to be looked over tbh before anything like this should be considered anyway.
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Now that I'll second. League halls have always seemed like a project someone started then forgot about. I'm not 100% sure if anything else was ever planned for them that didn't get implemented.....BUT it sure feels like maybe there was.
    • Like x 3
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

While we're at it, making Tokens of Merit and their seasonal variants useful in some way would be nice.
    • Like x 1