Shout Chat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LunarComet2002, May 21, 2023.

1. LunarComet2002 New Player

So, this is the second time this has happened to me, first time being when I played on Xbox. So basically, I was distracted by Youtube and looked back at my screen to see "Shout [You]: I am GAAAAAYYY"

Mind you I didn't type that. I was still away and hadn't touched my gaming controller. The first time it happened was about 4 years ago on Xbox in a league chat, and I had to restart my game entirely to get it to stop because it was saying very inappropriate things. When I checked 'Recent Text' I didn't see a person named You. Idk if it's just someone being funny, if it's happened to others, but I'd figure I'd bring this up and maybe see if this is something that has happened to others or if this is actually just a troll.
  2. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

It's just a troll.
    Write this in Shout chat and you'll see what happens (make sure that you use lots of space after Lol, not tab):

Lol[Shout] [You]: I am GAAAAAYYY
  3. LunarComet2002 New Player

I kinda had a feeling but I prefer checking with others to be 110% sure, and I'm moreso glad it's a troll than a bug. I did laugh at it a bit cuz it caught me so off guard tho lol
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

If you expand the chat box wide, you will see it's just the player above it putting spaces until it hits the next line and pretending. They call it a "chat bug", but it's not really a bug at all.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Ahhhh....the good ol' days of target trolling the chat box is still very much alive. I recall a player absolutely adamant and truly believed that he was "broken" because of the messages that came across to him in chat that was supposedly from Mepps himself.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I always wondered how they did that! Lol

The only place I have seen this done was at Little Boh, where the creepers live.
    • Like x 2
  7. Eve YouTuber

I forgot this was a thing, lol. I think it mostly worked on console, tho.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I'm not sure if consoles can add extra spaces to the input tab like you can with a keyboard. I am curious if they can, if anyone on a console can confirm.

@OP, these used to be very dominate a long time ago, but I'm not sure if they were against TOS and that was why they stopped or not? In any case, don't worry about it. IF, and this is a big if, you were reported, because someone said something bad on your name, the chat logs will result in the ban to the person who is impersonating you. It doesn't change the damage they might do to your reputation, but you can rest assured, that the logs would prove your innocence.
    • Like x 3
  9. Dene Devoted Player

People used to impersonate iconics & Mepps years ago using that trick.. like "Shout [Batman]: Come see me at Watchtower for a free style" etc

Then laugh at everyone swarming to Batman in the WT etc etc
  10. Eve YouTuber

I recall years ago my friend on ps was able to do it, so this is why I lean more towards ps. lol
    • Like x 1
  11. Skille Well-Known Player