NAME RECLAIM Question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostRyder3000, May 6, 2023.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Is there any way to know if a name is now (then) available BEFORE you buy a name change token?

I'd hate to purchase one just to find out that the name I'm looking for isn't available.

:cool:
  2. KidKretz Committed Player

dont even think of trying to take stinkymcbutterflubs...its mine!!! :p
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Add the name to your friend list.
    • Like x 4
  4. Dene Devoted Player

My theory is to do that and then (after restart on the day) look through and see which have add ons or have changed and then go from there

I did buy one already so could skip that step and just hope LOL
  5. Skoll Well-Known Player

There is no way to tell if an account has logged in since the cut off date, so no. There is no way to know for a fact a name in current circulation will be available. If you want to see if a name will be VALID for an attempt, either add it to your friends list or go to the character creation up until you enter a name and it will tell you if its both taken and valid.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mister Rook New Player

As a small alternative, a character slot is only $5. I'll be using empty character slots to mine a couple of names that I'm looking for and then just placeholding it on that character if I get what I need. The downside here is that it will cost two (2!) Name Change tokens to switch the new name to the appropriate character later and a small chance of losing it. But if you don't get the name you want, you're only out $5 and have a new fun character to play with anyway. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

The names I want I have added them to my friend list years ago and I have never seen them online. I am so hoping for at least one of the names
    • Like x 1
  8. Miserable Dedicated Player

Just delete the placeholder character to free the name for your real character. There's no reason to use two name change tokens.
    • Like x 4
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

Or, you can delete the new character holding the name you want, then log in on the character you want to change and use the token.

Edit: I didn't see Miserable posted this right before me, lol, oh well, both of us saying it really gets the point across right??? :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I would wait a week or more for doing that though. The snipers will be out for a bit after tomorrow, and that few min between delete and name change might be all the window someone needs to snag the name.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I'm waiting to get Reinheld :D
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Shut up GPT....Robots will NOT rule the world.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Too late.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I will wait.. My time will come... I mean, ok :(
    • Like x 2
  15. Magician Dedicated Player

Or do what I did. Have a secondary slush account to hold 2 names for free to use at a later time...
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

'Secondary'....quaint.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mister Rook New Player

Right, of course just delete the character, I don't know why I skipped that part, lol. <facepalm>
  18. Mister Rook New Player

Right, no idea why I wrote that you should use two. Facepalm.
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes! You can search on the Daybreak API and find if that name is being used. There is literally no way to tell if it will become available though, so good luck.
  20. Apple iPanda New Player

PC bots are going to take all the names anyway. DC won't be able to stop that issue. PC bots are going to make alot of money. There loving this. 500 to 1K a name. Glad I own 25 OG names.
    • Like x 1