Which Powers are Less Power Hungry; Which are More?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Warlock, May 1, 2023.

1. Warlock Well-Known Player

Just curious! Thanks.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All powersets are power hungry with the wrong setup/loadout.
    • Like x 2
  3. Warlock Well-Known Player

Wow. :rolleyes:
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

He really isn't wrong...The question is ambiguous. ...it's like asking "Which is the best power?", which the only real answer would be, "It depends".

Notwithstanding the ambiguity, and if I am correct in assuming the question correctly, you are wondering what can you do to use less power..which again, it depends on what role you are playing and how you play it. Certainly one could adjust their play style to use less power outside of certain situations that call for the use of more power.

If your question is exactly how it is written....the answer would be "It depends" as all powers (depending on its accompanying role) have abilities in their tray that nearly have the same powercosts +/-150...which can be found here: https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Powers
    • Like x 2
  5. Warlock Well-Known Player

S tier reply. Thanks for the wiki link. I'll bookmark that!! /s

Fortunately, I did find some answers on Obsdian Chill's discord.
    • Like x 2
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Just to add
    Just to add to the above, if you have combo powers and clip constantly you can also hit power issues if you don't have Cyborg ally. There is no passive power regeneration in the elite alert, so when I don't use Cyborg and clip my Celestial combos with each other I can quickly drain the power bar. If I use Cyborg all your base support, I don't really notice the power drain. You will probably also never notice it if you have a troll using just basic POT in a raid.
    • Like x 1
  7. Warlock Well-Known Player

Thanks for the answer. How essential Cyborg is is probably a good indicator. Atomic seems to have the same issue on the combo power drain. I've read mental is a hog also. On the other side of the spectrum, Water seems to do pretty well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

mental and electric seem the most power hungry to me or atomic in DPS role but its dependent on the loadout for all powers

I know Pet for sure eats your power bar
    • Like x 1
  9. SuperDepresion New Player

welll leaving aside the "non" answers i think that one of the more power friendly in terms of cost its fire, not really that meta compared to elec or gadgets tho
  10. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

Nature DPS is actually fairly power friendly... HOWEVER... Nature healing is a VERY power hungry beast. If you don't have Cyborg Ally passive, and now how to keep up the HoTs it can EAT power like crazy. that being said... IF you play it right and the group is wreckless, Nature can actually do quite well for power. We may not have the clutch burst heal, but Page makes up for that 9 times out of 10.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Always be quantum, prob solved