Resurgence Capsules don't stack?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

I thought in the preview stream, they showed them to be stacking. But the ones that's dropping don't seem to stack at all. This is going to fill up the inventory very fast.

Is this normal? What do we do with the extra capsules when you don't have any stabalizers to unlock it with?
  2. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

don't they expire after a certain amount of days? I say just delete them, its hassle, but whatever
    • Like x 2
  3. Prindacerk Committed Player

It expires after 14 days. That's a long time for inventory to fill up.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes they do not stack. Delete them or sell them.
    • Like x 1
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

They don't stack.

They never have.

Each one has it's own timer for expiration.

Either sell them quickly (there's a time limit for that, too) or delete them.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What is the 'time limit' on selling them? 14 days, when they disappear? That's not exactly a separate timer.
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Marketing strategy.
    • Like x 2
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea pretty sure they dont stack and never have

now should they

yes but the timer makes that not viable

should they remove the timer

yes as its just a marketing ploy to make you feel under pressure.

just be thankful were not in neverwinter its all like that
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They could remove the timer if you think about it. Timed things can stack, like prestige tokens, but as the timers can be reset by re-stacking them with a newer 'fresher' item, it means you can extend the timer...which I'd guess is NOT desirable for marketing purposes. However, they could let the timer stay and stack....or take it off and stack, and just have a date 2 weeks after the event is over and all Capsules are purged from the game....'poof'....gone. Once deleted from the item table...they gone...or don't delete and just change them to cost 100 stabilizers or something....they will get gone fast if some waskly wabbit figures out how to exploit having them.

Personally I'm not that worried about it. I let them accumulate till I have enough to use the stablizers I'm going to use, then I sell/delete the rest. I'm not jumping in 13 days after the event and deciding to open another 10 of them.
    • Like x 2
  10. Limey Committed Player

It's separate when you obtain them on different days, and the 14 day counter has different numbers remaining.

If that's too much to handle, I could recommend not playing for the next 2ish months until they're gone.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've never really minded them not stacking. What is slightly irritating is that you'll still get a "Resurgence capsule has expired" message after 14 days even if you delete it. Can't remember if it happens with selling it as well, though.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Right, but he made it sound like there is some 'sale' timer you have to act 'quick' on.... The only timer is 14 days....sell, delete, use, whatever it's all the same timer.
  13. Limey Committed Player

I hadn't noticed anyone suggest or imply such a thing, but you are correct, it's just a single timer like any other 'perishable' item.

I'm more amused by the idea that it's a 'marketing ploy', when it may have been when resurgence was first introduced, but it appears more realistically as a method of removing all remaining resurgence capsules from the game 2 weeks after they stop dropping, without making them disappear immediately and upsetting players that had intended to open a few more on their next payday, or after getting a few more fragments from daily login a few days later, that would give them just enough stabilizers to open one.

But people here do love to twist the narrative to make Daybreak an evil corporate entity trying to screw everybody out of their money.
    • Like x 1
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

I read it like Reinheld. The phrase was "Either sell them quickly (there's a time limit for that, too) or delete them." The addition of "too" implied another timer.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Filling inventories increases chances of purchasing inventory slots, it's also like looting a ton of advertisement fliers, basically heh. In my opinion, these "regurgitation/regurgence" (as I call them) capsules are just to get you to spend your "free" stabilizers so you won't have enough when the "real" capsules with feats attached are released.

Sorry, I'll put my tin foil hat away now ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm sure it's marketing. You have an item that will expire, it forces you to make a decision between letting it go or buying stabilizers to take advantage of the 'good deal' at getting 9+ a bonus for the price of 7...assuming you already exhausted any stabilizers you might have had from grants/previous purchase. If they never expired...especially if they stacked, you could hold them till you built up some stock, or wait till there is a stabilizer sale and then open...basically double dipping on that discount.

I'd guess it's also why we get so many...more than would be realistically possible to use WITHOUT buying more stabilizers. I mean if you are just going into your pocket, you could just buy the unlocked megas off the MP vs buying stabilizers then open drops...you wouldn't need dozens of them dropped a week for a month or 2 simply to burn up built up stabilizers you have in stock.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yep... it was the 'TOO' that makes it sound like a 2nd one. Spot on.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The timer is there because the resurgence mega capsule is a limited time event. It is meant to be overly clear about what's happening so no one is surprised when the capsules are gone later.

The unlocked capsules you can purchase directly from the marketplace do stack and do not expire, which is what you saw on the stream.
    • Like x 8
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

I'm not sure... but, it's before the thing is about to expire.

EDIT:
    I'm talking about selling them on the broker... not at a vendor.

(I'm pretty sure that you can sell them for a period on the broker... I might be wrong... or did I dream it?*)

*Monty Python
  20. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

was backlash before on this and I thought change was coming..
    League prestige has variable expiry..and stacks
    You could also limit the drops then and just put ones in marketplace for 0 that still need to be unlocked.