Support doesn't help, so...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TANK69, Apr 16, 2023.

1. TANK69 Well-Known Player

It works! Thx!
  2. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Give a try with that dll that RTX mentioned, it solved my problem.
  3. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Well with the new patch, it doesn't work again... Even if I delete the config, and copy again the dll to the win32 directory... Any idea?
  4. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Ok, i removed completly the game, freshly installed it this time via Steam, didn't work. I copied the dll file as I did before, still didn't work.
  5. RTX Well-Known Player

It could be that it got removed while updating the game, could you check the following:

Run the game and then go into the directory \UNREAL3\BINARIES\WIN32 and try deleting dinput8.dll, if you can it´s not loaded.

If its loaded, there must be something else going on with your system. In this case check C:\Windows\System32 and search dinput8.dll and upload or right click on it to check it´s details (version number etc.)

Also which windows version you´ve running? Settings/System/Info (Edition, Version)
    And any third party Anti-Virus installed? (Non microsoft)
  6. TANK69 Well-Known Player

After I realized that It didn't work again, I uninstalled the game, remove everything, and installed it again to be fresh. This time via Steam. After the fresh installation, I launched it, It didn't worked. After that I copied the dll file to the proper directory like before, tried it, didn't work. After that I tried the steps what the support mentioned back in january, and tried to delete the config folders, and cache folders, and saved data, didn't worked.

I tried to delete the file while the game is running, but it was loaded, so I wasn't be able.

The windows is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 21H2, I had to upgrade it because of the Diablo 4 Beta (it was 1809, but last year I was able to play with DCUO without any of this problems). And I was able to play yesterday before the patch.

I have a Comodo Antivirus, but it has no warnings or anything with DCUO related.
  7. RTX Well-Known Player

In general you should make sure to keep your system up to date. (Windows 10, 22H2) This gets normaly updated automaticly by windows updates, therefore it seems that you´ve blocked anything there/or your system doesn´t update due to an issue.

Also an updated system is better than any Anti-Virus out there, sadly many of those third party Anti-Virus programs do block system required files, to boost their "detection ratio". In 2023 you shouldn´t have any of those third party solutions installed, windows defender will and does the best job deciding what´s important and what needs to be blocked/removed.

Besides that, its strange that it works one day and the other it wont. However even on the hardware side, it´s unlikely if you don´t have the same issue in other games (Mouse cable/USB receiver, or Mouse circuit board).

Issues like this can also be caused by individual settings, for example windows mouse acceleration (disabled within the dinput8.dll) Even the mouse driver could force RawInput, instead of DirectInput. Since this game allows alot to be done by drivers and got no protection from anything hooking the game (It can be any third party tool in the background).

In your situation there seem to be no other solution as testing with another mouse, if that works we would know that its the mouse itself hardware or software/driver in combination with this game. However if that also wouldn´t work, we could see that there is something wrong with your system, maybe even infected by a virus, which then would be the best option to clean your drive and reinstall windows.

Obviously we could speculate what´s causing it, go thru every single aspect but i believe the support already did for the most part, also there only seem to be a few with the same issue (Individual system differences).

The last try you could give the latest version of dinput8.dll (the one posted before is a older compatibility variant)
    https://workupload.com/file/uzgrtd5wfaV
    Microsoft Direct Input 32bit, version 10.0.22621.1 (The game is 32bit, therefore it wouldn´t load the 64bit version)

Try to not mix them up, delete the other one first. Also if it works again with this one, and tomorrow or any days after it doesn´t, you should go an flush your drive (reinstall windows).
  8. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Ok, I don't know how and why, but it works again atm.
  9. RTX Well-Known Player

With the new dInput8.dll or without? Let´s hope it will stay that way.
  10. TANK69 Well-Known Player

I copied the dll, but first time it didn't work, and second time it was.