What is this not in game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Apr 18, 2023.

1. STsource Well-Known Player

Having cash in your shared bank? It would help a lot with alts.

Did dev's say why this is not possible? I'm just curious.
    • Like x 1
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

The problem isn't technical feasibility, it's if they're willing to care after years of neglect.
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

We can share ally favor we can share replay badges we can share quarks fate tokens and destiny tokens …why not money ? I get those things are separate from cash

So then make a new token instead something that trades for a 1:1 With cash … like when we turn in tokens etc.

Call it krypto currency … and put kryptos face on it. Let this be a type of currency we can trade use to buy stuff that costs cash now… or use in the broker to buy stuff…

Take this time to put a more reasonable cap on what we can sell stuff for on the broker.

And say we can’t trade these tokens from player to player directly it must be through a broker.

You can still trade item for item tho with one another directly

Oh nvm … too many people will cry let’s just keep the economy in its state
  4. the solowing Unwavering Player

can you imagine if somebody find a money glitch and then starts using the shared Bank to spread the funds around
  5. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

By that logic, let's shut down the combat system so no one can do speed hacking.

As if trade system isn't already being used for all sorts of shady dealings. What a thoughtless take.
  6. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

If you recall, a few months ago the shared bank was actually deactivated, infact the broker/mail was also not working correctly at a point either around that time.

There is probably a small chance that the shared bank was maybe exploitable and that's why it was turned off. Similarly with the broker & mail situation, unwitting people started receiving multiple duplicate transactions generating lots of money.
    There were plenty of threads about it in bug report.

This has happened historically too, reason we can't send cash in the mail is because of exploits.

The problem with these legacy systems is that they seem prone for exploitation, and that's why we can't have them in game.

I would love all wallet assets to be shared but It's also cause for concern if it's going to open up more bugs.
    • Like x 1
  7. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Probably because Ingame Cash never has been nor ever will be the Point of the game. Putting time and effort into systems to expand something that's already been broken and corrupt for years tends to give the wrong impression. This subject isn't worth discussing until the root problem is fixed first. You don't need millions or billions for repairs or for new Episode gear, so let's stop pretending we don't know why it currently holds so much weight.
  8. Lost Connection Active Player

I agree the in game economy is way over inflated....there is too much game cash in the system lowering its value. It has been suggested in the past that a good way to reverse the trend would be to put a cap on game cash per account, and it doesn't even have to be permanent to fix it. They would first have to wipe out the gold seller bots which has added even more problems to the issue. Unsure of the fortitude to do it though as it was the community that exploited the system to begin with.
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I would buy that for a dollar. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yes, that's why they TEMPORARILY shut down the ability to send cash to alts. They then, apparently, forgot all about the "temporarily" part, and never revisited it. :mad:
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

From what I gathered about the 'why' it was shut down was that they applied a fix to make bank and shared bank work like inventory for the 'overage' items, where items over the space limit would show up, and you could deal with them directly vs having to drain other items out and move it all up some slots before dealing with it.

It didn't work as expected and basically broke bank/shared bank. They rolled the changes back and the bank is working as it was originally now, where those items do not show up as 'overage'....which is fine as it would only happen IF you dropped sub...which at best would be a situation that can happen 6 times a year...so low impact really. Much lower than the bank being broken across the board.

As far as the wallet being shared across the account, it seems like that would be an easy fix, however, it also means that premiums and free have access to all their money on all toons....which, right now, requires some hand to hand trades AND membership. When cash could be mailed, it was much more of a black and white benefit to membership. So maybe they aren't pulling that trigger just yet as to hold out hope in leaving the feature a 'members only' one?

Personally I'd say they can implement a shared cash slot in the bank, and base it off the 'trade' system, where there is a built in delay for deposits or withdrawls...which (just like with trades) would help combat shenanigans. Just make the bank the other partner in the trade function, open the 'deposit' window to initiate a trade TO the bank slot....and 'withdraw' to initiate a trade FROM the bank slot. You put the money in the cash field, and the bank accepts it regardless...2 or 3 seconds after finalized. Make that shared cash slot members only and it basically replaces mailing money to yourself as a benefit of membership.

As far as I've heard anyone complaining, within the confines of the 'trade' window, there are no chances for exploit. Granted using 'other' means of trade is rife with problems, but trading to/from your bank would all work just like the trade window....so should be safe.
  12. Miserable Dedicated Player

I don't know what the devs have said on this matter but I don't buy the idea that there is no possible way to implement the sharing of cash between characters without introducing a huge risk of exploits.
  13. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

so just a thought....

but here's a little logic ( albeit fairly crude )....

if $amount$ is not = to range 0 to 1 billion
    then 'would you like to hack?'
    yes = take all player $cash$ (penalty for attempting to hack)
    no = leave $ as is (no change)

if $amount$ is = to range 0 to 1 billion
    then allow trade
    trade to self? if yes, name of toon
    trade to self? if no, name of toon
    verify acct # of toon
    acknowledge trade
    (note each toon would need an assigned acct #)
    if premium, max $amount$ = 0 to ?I don't know what it is?
    if yes, allow trade, if not = try again
    if free-to-play, max $amount$ = 0 to ?I don't know what it is?
    if yes, allow trade, if not = try again

there should be a cash cap (maximum).
    the only players with the max cash cap should have max skill points
    this would mean they've(the player) played to the point where there are no additional benefits from skill points
    for each feat point that a player is short of the maximum skill point, then subtract $100,000

note:
    this might stop the gold sellers
    and the broker players (they don't really play the game do they?)
    so if you can come up with something more logical or better,
    feel free to post
    maybe - just maybe someone who can make a difference will see the logic....
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

So a player, like me, who has been playing the game every day since the first DLC, and has been subscribing to it almost as long, but has no interest in PVP (and so never got the feats), but does enjoy playing the broker along with actually doing other things in the game (31 characters, all with high CRs (without ever buying a CR skip)) somehow isn't entitled to have high in-game cash (a membership benefit, btw)?
  15. myandria Item Storage

Suggestion: Perhaps the devs could put ATM machines in the HQ's and create an ATM amenity for lairs/league bases. For league ATM's, the league leader could control who can use it and when, just like league bank access. These could work like the mail system, except it would only deal with in game money transactions. At this point in the game's life it makes sense to have new money interactions separate, instead of adding it to a an older system that has rejected those earlier attempts.