Eog ep45

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by not serious, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It was about a day. That's all it took to one shot Darkseid. Maybe two or three if you had some diapers to change.

I'm at the point now where SPs matter more than they have for a very long time. It's nice to actually feel like I'm progressing again because I'm near the end of maxing out my second stat. I'm getting over 100 might per SP. Even though it isn't my main stat... its still a pretty significant upgrade.

Without the clamp... I probably wouldn't even bother. It would only be useful for a few of the most current instances and they would just get easy in a year anyway. No point.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

And what is the sacred meaning of your post? or do you think that your way of having fun in a computer game is better than someone else's? Just because something is boring to you does not mean that it should be boring to someone else ... just because something is interesting to you does not mean that it will be interesting to someone else ... for example, such a concept as a "challenge" .. .to an old man, this is not interesting to me, I'm interested in an adequate assessment of resources, and the effective implementation of goals without "nonsense" to test my strength ... but do I force others to give up their favorite pastime "challenge"? play...
    • Like x 2
  3. KidKretz Committed Player

I guess you are learning that misery doesn't love company afterall :p

the stat clamp ruined the ENTIRE way i played DCUO. so yeah, this EOG change, while it hasnt happened yet, seems like its going to do the exact same for others, ruin the entire way they play DCUO. that is how it is related to the clamp.

goodluck, here's hopin the changes dont go as far as ruining the game as the clamp did, but as much as a fuss everyone is making, it prob will :(
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I want to thank you for truly understanding.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The point is that we have more incentive than ever to progress because it applies to everything now. And that's what we do in game in one way or another. Whether it's grinding cash or doing feats or leveling artifacts. Making it more worthwile to grow is important.
  6. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

Man this thread went off track instantly. Just last night it was on page 1.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

It has had the opposite effect on me. I use to derive great enjoyment form progressing but it just doesn't matter anymore. Work hard, improve, Devs nerf, get knocked back down & get laughed at.
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Let's just pretend that since my English is very bad, I could not explain to you the meaninglessness of arguing about tastes ... and just close the topic with this ...?
    • Like x 1
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

I’ll still swap eog and dks as a dps it changed nothing on my dps. From 20% of my own reapplied to 16%? still getting the 5% might boost in the circle? I’ll take it lol.

Still gonna use it on my tank too. More self heals and a 5% stat boost that activates on a toggled 1k supercharge?
    I’ll take it lol.

All it did was cause me to shelf my healer until the next 2xp when I can swap away from eog. Prob grab clarion or whatever the battle healing arts are for the day.

This nerf isn’t game ending. It’s more the way it was brought about.
    Saying one time in months that “eog is being watched “ is not “we’ve been transparent for months”

that’s some fox level spin right there lmao.

They also said they wanted to change troll buff arts.
    They also talked about a frost breath artifact.
    None of those things carried on outside of one post by Ranmaru within a 6 month time span.

Except eog.

That’s not transparency.
    That’s mentioning one thing among several things that is “being watched”.

That’s not saying hey changes are definitely coming down the pipeline so maybe don’t bother dumping nth into eog during this 2xp.
    ^that would have been transparency.

“Hey we are ready to give a 2xp, but with the upcoming artifact changes we will be pushing it off another couple weeks so we can release these changes before we release 2xp, so as to not cause any unnecessary headache”
    ^that would have been exceptional transparency.

I make these distinctions so that you can see, it’s not just a nerf to an art that has frustrated so many. It’s the way it was done. The disregard for players time/money and the disrespect in the explanation for why it was done that way.

Nerfs may make some people close their wallets and walk away.
    However I’d wager blatant disrespect for the player base will have an even larger impact on subs than a nerf.

You add nerfs to disrespect and what appears to be a pretty lack luster dlc release.
    Oof. I’d expect some real long que times. It’s gonna get quiet.
    • Like x 2
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

My services are still available. :p
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I understand the essence of the claim ... but what has been done cannot be returned ... I'm more interested in what action (within the aisles of a reasonable one, of course;) ) of the developers, could restore trust in the developers (I can’t resist the passage ... but was it?) ? Of course, I don’t expect a universal answer ... but it would be interesting to know at least private opinions ....
    • Like x 1
  12. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I don't disagree that it's a pointless debate, we all know true strength comes from within.
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

My pathologist friend, he liked to say that people have inside ... ummm ... okay, I won’t voice what he said there ... I’m already probably crossing the line ...:oops:
    • Like x 2
  14. Sentiency Well-Known Player

I spent money on eog like a lot of ppl, but it does need to be changed. I’m looking forward to the day I’m not forced to run it on my healer or be unwanted in end game groups. And for anyone who says you don’t need it to be desired is simply incorrect, one look at lfg would tell the opposite. I think the nerf would allow for room for a variety in builds. Regardless of whatever becomes meta next, at least it’s something new. I’m really hoping that the devs pushing it back doesn’t mean it’ll end up like the supercharge update, where it just never came to fruition.

I will say however, that the lack of transparency that was mentioned above was really off-putting to me as well. We were put in a position where we either listened to rumors from leakers so we could feed our art during the 2x xp, or wait just for them to officially notify us right after double xp ended. If they plan on nerfing things they should tell us, because Trykz is right that the ppl who spend money are the ones who help keep this game alive, and right now even I feel cheated even though I’m pro-nerf. Ppl say they can change things whenever they want and they don’t owe compensation or notice of any kind, and while that may be true- that type of mentality does nothing but hurt the game. We really need better communication overall.
    • Like x 2